• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Characters who should be in RE 7 ?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Oh god, no. Please. No Alice in the games. It would ruin it for me.

As for who I would like to see... I really would like a game with Sherry in, and I don't mind if Jake was in there. I would also like to see Claire and Chris team up at some point because that would give some great character interaction. Or Claire and Sherry as a team.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Sheva and Josh making a return either somehow, but I know that this is an unpopular opinion. :p
I agree with you - I wouldn't mind seeing Sheva and Josh back either. I didn't remotely mind Sheva, and I think a lot of the backlash she gets is more on account of various issues with her AI and Capcom's choices in steering the plot than Sheva herself. She didn't do anything wrong and was intended to be perfectly capable.

I don't really know who I'd really like to see in RE 7, apart from Leon and Ada. Most of the characters that fascinated me like William Birkin and the Ashford siblings are gone.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I agree with you - I wouldn't mind seeing Sheva and Josh back either. I didn't remotely mind Sheva, and I think a lot of the backlash she gets is more on account of various issues with her AI and Capcom's choices in steering the plot than Sheva herself. She didn't do anything wrong and was intended to be perfectly capable.

I don't really know who I'd really like to see in RE 7, apart from Leon and Ada. Most of the characters that fascinated me like William Birkin and the Ashford siblings are gone.
Finally, someone who understands my feelings about Sheva! All that aside, who to pick for RE7? As much as I love the Redfields, Chris has been WAY over saturated, so I don't want to see him again, and Claire only has two different methods of getting her own games; stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time (RE 2, Degeneration), and abduction (CV, Rev2), so unless they find a different way to incorporate her (which they totally could but knowing Capcom they won't), I'd rather not have her involved. Leon I could take or leave, but since he was just in 6 I'll pass (and it would break the tradition of only being in even numbered games). Jill I could see being in it I guess, if for no reason than because of the exact opposite reason that Leon won't be in it (she follows the odd rule). I'd love to see Ada without Leon though, because that'd be a nice change of pace. Jake will probably be in it, which is fine with me as long as Sherry is there, because she was the best thing about his arc in 6 in my opinion. Maybe a mention of the Redfields without having them as main characters? It would be nice to know that Chris at least checks up on Claire every once in a while.

Honestly I have a surprising lack of ideas regarding 7. I just hope that whatever they go with is gonna be good.

Edit: After reading Jen's post, a Claire-Sherry duo sounds amazing.

Last edited:

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Leon I could take or leave, but since he was just in 6 I'll pass (and it would break the tradition of only being in even numbered games). Jill I could see being in it I guess, if for no reason than because of the exact opposite reason that Leon won't be in it (she follows the odd rule).

Well they could put Leon and Jill in 7. I mean they did that with Chris by putting him in 6. Of course you will say that Chris wasn't in 3. Which is true. But if we looked at the order of the games according to the time line. We will see thst Chris was in 3 (Code Veronica X). Because 2 and Nemesis took place in the same night.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think one scenario would be ideal but two could work, as well. They've done it before and if they made enough out of it they could make both of them work. I don't know how I feel about a two player co-op again. Part of the RE experience was often times the isolation and the fright of being alone but I don't think having a partner necessarily means it can't be a horror game, I just don't think they've pulled it off with 5 or 6.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Jill/Rebecca
Helena/Leon
Sherry/Jake
and Billy's own side game like Ada's.

Honestly, I think Leon needs a break but I couldn't think of anyone else other than Sherry who'd be on assignment with Helena. Plus, I really want the two original STARS girls in a game together. Their dynamic would work well together.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
If RE7 is the last game (and they're saying it will be if and when it's made), I would like to see the series go out with a bang by having playable chapters of all the RE main stars: Chris, Jill, Leon, Ada, Claire, which I could actually see happening TBH.

I would also like to see Barry and Rebecca come back, I'd love to know what happened to her after all this time.

umbra aeterna

Jake has to be there.This is a must.Chris in the background,probably giving your orders as you play with piers's replacement (chris has since got a promotion).You talk to jill at some point,jake that is (his powers just upped the anti and he's kinda freaking out about it.he wants to keep it on th hush though).of course he asks questions about his dad ,tearing open old scars.
talk to sheva alomar as she faced off wesker and she mentions some of the abilities jake may experience.josh is in the background somewhere with sheva.

DR.REBECCA CHAMBERS.that is all

Jake and Sherry can be mains again,as they will meet up later (start with jake).Through Sherry,you meet leon and ada.Jake and Pier's (preferably female and maybe female relative) replacement.kill chris's soul more with her reminding him of both piers and jill back in the STARS days.bonus points for same hair cut and similar hat (but look like a female piers feature wise) .also...chris finally does die...jill reclaims her tittle and becomes commander of the BSAA. after his funeral.Claire is spoken to,a little more light shed on jake's mother...who is the BOW he actually got his enhancements from instead of wesker! (plot twist).but with no injections...she dies...

bonus points for billy coen resurfacing as a member of the BSAA,though only Dr.Chambers recognizes him.Also,chambers at TerraSave.And Barry is mentione,just cuz.Also Carlos makes a guest appearance as some kinda agent and bruce mc.givern guest starring as well as hunnigan ,just because.Ashley is mentioned having become a reporter or something who covers BOW incidents...really,the finale should be a reunion between the surving player characters...said reunion could be chris after he finally bit the bullet.(parker luciani? maybe).Some guest appearances from outbreak folks...and HUNK,because,why not? Alex wesker finally shows up...and is disturbingly simular to albert wesker in his motives.jake gets his hands on the files from project wesker.

just bouncing around ideas.a lot can happen.

but i say definately go for a guest appearance of every survivng resident evil character..a.nd kill chris and make jill head bitch in charge,And jake has to be there and sheva's name should come up (by now she'd be captain alomar).those are the only definates.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Oh god, no. Please. No Alice in the games. It would ruin it for me.

I wouldn't mind her as a VILLAIN TBH, I don't see what the harm would be in that, in fact, RE fans should be thankful for her being a villain in the game: if they hate her so much, surely they'd love to be able to kill her.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Jill was in Revelations 1 which I consider recent, so I really don't see the need to have her in so soon again.

But the rule of thumb is she's been in every odd numbered installment. Plus, it would be interesting to know what happened to her following RE5, and how she dealt with the trauma of being Wesker's test subject for 3 years. There's so much they can do with that storyline to make it interesting. Plus, if they find a way to revive Wesker somehow (reanimating him with his DNA, cloning him, whathaveyou), there's no way she CAN'T be in the next game. It's only fitting that she be the one to kill Wesker off for good since she was wrongfully denied that chance in RE5 by having Sheva and Chris destroy him with the rocket launchers, so I beg to differ on her not being needed for RE7, especially if it is the last game as rumored (although those rumors are 2+ years old at this point).

I also hope they find a way to give her her brunette hair back. Just my honest opinion, she looks so much better with her natural brown hair, and I know I'm not alone on that one.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
That's extremely weak reasoning. Not only does it not matter at all whether she's in every odd number installment, it's not true that RE7 is the last game.

Your argument also relies on the random assumption that they revive Wesker for whatever reason. That would be extremely terrible storytelling if they revived him. Even if that's not happens, you don't necessarily need Jill to be in the game.

I like Jill a lot and I like Leon a lot, but I don't want to see either of them in RE7.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
It's very likely that Jill will be in the next game because every main game in the series so far has at least one of the four main characters: Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire. Since the most recent games have been Revelations 2 with Claire and RE6 with Chris and Leon it only makes sense for Jill to be in the next game. We haven't seen her chronologically since RE5 either.

AdaWait

Yes it's likely, but not something I want. If they must, at least Leon and Jill should be in the same game at the same time.

umbra aeterna

That's extremely weak reasoning. Not only does it not matter at all whether she's in every odd number installment, it's not true that RE7 is the last game.

Your argument also relies on the random assumption that they revive Wesker for whatever reason. That would be extremely terrible storytelling if they revived him. Even if that's not happens, you don't necessarily need Jill to be in the game.

I like Jill a lot and I like Leon a lot, but I don't want to see either of them in RE7.
I do want to see what became of Jill,and Captain Sheva Alomar (she'd be a captain by then)And as for wesker?the wesker project...what if he was one of many? what if he was a field test for something far more sinister?What if the true world domination plot was to unleash the wesker children upon us all?

I have another idea,for a spinoff though.I mentioned in another thread : a survival horror game in which you play as a character with broken memories who awakens in an old umbrella facility.As he goes through the facility,he has memories of his rpd days,umbrella,a traumatic child hood plus introspection.At some point he starts looking through hacked BSAA files and sees his name on the most wanted list.After defeating some gruesome monsters,surviving an outbreak alone in the facility either on his own or rescuing someone( a little girl would work best! it'd remind him of sherry birkin),he stumbles outside to find the BSAA and assumed they were here to help...but not true,he instead gets arrested!

-turns out the protagonist was an amnesiac albert wesker,or some type of clone with parts of him in it (you know ,how carla was part ada,part her old self and looked like ada?).it has to be a reveal that only the most die hard fans would be able to figure out.

also,wesker doesn't have to come back.but that wesker children thing and ALEX WESKER.that is what is important.Alex. Despite my love/hate for Alby ,Alex needs to be addressed.Alex and jill.Period.And jake.

AdaWait

Alex does need to appear, but having multiple Weskers would really hurt the plot. Not only was he considered a really big part of the plot and a badass villain, he also tied most games together. Having more copies of him would be lazy. Same with Ada, I really hated that clone storyline in 6.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Read it again, I said RUMORS of it being the last game, and years old ones at that, and I'd say her being left out of the last game without so much as a mention fresh off her ordeal with Wesker is very relevant, and it's a series TRADITION having her in every other installment after the first game BTW.

If they revive Wesker (which wouldn't be totally inconceivable IMO since he's the main antagonist of the series and I'd say enough time has elapsed for it, having gone 2 whole games without him now), Jill coming back is a MUST because she was denied the chance to kill him in RE5 after being his pawn for 3 years. Nobody BUT Jill should be blessed with the honor of killing him off for good if he does come back, the nightmares, the visions, the trauma of being his unwilling test subject, everyone but her thinking he's dead, and then, the big reveal, in which she's FINALLY able to exact her revenge after what he did to her after all these years, the whole story pretty much writes itself.

Even if they don't revive him, there's still plenty of cause for including Jill in the next game in revealing what happened to her after RE5. They could also finally show flashback cutscenes of her in Wesker's lab during her days as a test subject which we never got to see, not to mention Chris will be dying to see her again as her and Claire are his only family. There's just too much there for her NOT to be in it. Also, Alex, Wesker's sister might return. Still a member of his "family", so she'll want her dead all the same.

umbra aeterna

Alex does need to appear, but having multiple Weskers would really hurt the plot. Not only was he considered a really big part of the plot and a badass villain, he also tied most games together. Having more copies of him would be lazy. Same with Ada, I really hated that clone storyline in 6.
not if its the last game.tie up loose ends.but if jake and alex are there ,maybe a kno go for albert.besides ,the wesker children plot implies there are/were multiple weskers.as for cloning ada? it didn't make sense...cloning sherry birkin would've been MUCH more nefarious.

however,the ada clone plot has opened up posibilties for those who want wesker back.as for me,i feel neutral about it.bring on ol' Al if well executed,but i fear a **** up,so ?

really,jill is still my main conccern.jill and jake. the other idea with the wesker protagonist (and it doesn't have to be albert) is a spin off thing

umbra aeterna

Read it again, I said RUMORS of it being the last game, and years old ones at that, and I'd say her being left out of the last game without so much as a mention fresh off her ordeal with Wesker is very relevant, and it's a series TRADITION having her in every other installment after the first game BTW.

If they revive Wesker (which wouldn't be totally inconceivable IMO since he's the main antagonist of the series and I'd say enough time has elapsed for it, having gone 2 whole games without him now), Jill coming back is a MUST because she was denied the chance to kill him in RE5 after being his pawn for 3 years. Nobody BUT Jill should be blessed with the honor of killing him off for good if he does come back, the nightmares, the visions, the trauma of being his unwilling test subject, everyone but her thinking he's dead, and then, the big reveal, in which she's FINALLY able to exact her revenge after what he did to her after all these years, the whole story pretty much writes itself.

Even if they don't revive him, there's still plenty of cause for including Jill in the next game in revealing what happened to her after RE5. They could also finally show flashback cutscenes of her in Wesker's lab during her days as a test subject which we never got to see, not to mention Chris will be dying to see her again as her and Claire are his only family. There's just too much there for her NOT to be in it. Also, Alex, Wesker's sister might return. Still a member of his "family", so she'll want her dead all the same.
a jill hunting wesker game would be awesome :)

AdaWait

facepalm4.gif

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Even if Alex is in the next game, but Albert isn't, it's only fitting that Jill be the one to kill the last surviving member of his family after what he did to her, so the same logic still applies. The two are preordained to meet up for that reason alone. Plus, if Alex does come back (which there's a good chance of it), you know Claire has a good chance of making it in, especially since she was left out of RE6 in favor of Helena Harper. That'll mark the first time these two fine ladies have ever appeared in the same game together (besides ORC, which isn't canon), so there you go, all the more reason for her to be in it.

Not to mention, if Jill isn't in RE7, that'll make it 3 games in a row (all in canonical order BTW) in which we haven't heard from her after her fallout from RE5. So we're supposed to believe she just faded into obscurity after being freed as Wesker's slave, and went out on a never-ending cliffhanger? Not buyin' it. Hell, Capcom already received enough complaints for excluding her from RE6 after that huge story arch, so not only should Jill be in the next game (that's right), I think it's a safe bet she will be in it.

Top Bottom