• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Characters who should be in RE 7 ?

e_etu

Soram ~
Here´s 4 characters who i wanna see in Re 7 :

Rebecca : I really wanna know what happened to her.
iydf.jpg

Sheva : She´s so hot and she´s one of my fav characters ! i really love playing as her in RE5
latest

Claire : there´s gotta be always one main character in game so i wish it will be Claire and not always Leon or Chris.
claire-redfield.jpg

Svetlana : I think she would be great villain.
03.jpg

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Did not care for Sheva, please keep her away from RE7, the only thing should did noteworthy was take the honor of killing wesker from Jill.

I still maintain that Jill should have had that rocket launcher to fire the final shot, not Sheva.

But I hope a return of Rebecca and Billy come to fruition.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
I don't remember is Carlos survived, but I would like to see him.

I'm a huge fan of Leon which is why I think he should not be in RE7, RE6 did enough bad for him, he can sit out for a little.

I would also like to see Rebecca and Ashley. Jake could use more development as his RE6 story was kind of lackluster.

e_etu

Soram ~
I don't remember is Carlos survived, but I would like to see him.

I'm a huge fan of Leon which is why I think he should not be in RE7, RE6 did enough bad for him, he can sit out for a little.

I would also like to see Rebecca and Ashley. Jake could use more development as his RE6 story was kind of lackluster.

Oh yeah , i would like to see Ashley too or at least hear what happened to her after RE4.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Sheva should never come back. The worthless piece of trash can stay in the far far reaches of the minds of other RE fans. The only reason she should be brought back is a 5 second cutscene where she can die a horrible death.

Hate for Sheva aside, I only want to see Jill or Leon if they're in the game TOGETHER. I really wanna see how they play off of each other (But not in a co-op story, keep it one player where they just meet up from time to time, even though THAT will never happen).

If we are talking about characters we haven't seen in forever, I really don't know. They've ALL had closure. I'm annoyed enough with Claire returning as it is. Rebecca is the only one that DIDN'T have closure, and sure you can bring her back and make her playable, and that would be cool, but you can give her closure with something as simple a cutscene or even several sentences being exchanged with other characters. I love Carlos, but it doesn't make sense to bring him back since he wasn't hell bent on stopping bio-terrorism.

AdaWait

I agree big time on Sheva. RE5 was so disappointing that I repressed that memory. I don't even remember the story, all I know is that Jill was blond and looked bad as a blonde.

Also very interesting about Leon and Jill because I don't recall seeing them together in one place. It's probably part of the Capcom's idea to split the major story into Leon/Ada and Jill/Chris story arcs. I think there is a lot to be done for both, but I personally like Leon and Ada as a team, although my bias towards Jill is also pretty big. Jill and Leon are for sure my favorites in the series.

I think it might be beneficial to ignore the story from RE4 and on because there was way too much convoluted b.s. especially when it came to Ada's story in 6.

As for Jill and Chris...eeuuughh, they turned Chris into a hulking hot tempered dumbass. Jill is also somehow less of a badass than she was in 3. Perhaps work on fixing Chris with his god damn buffness, and make Jill awesome again. She was okay in Revelations, but could be better.

And no more weird **** like RE6 please. For god's sake.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I agree big time on Sheva. RE5 was so disappointing that I repressed that memory. I don't even remember the story, all I know is that Jill was blond and looked bad as a blonde.

Also very interesting about Leon and Jill because I don't recall seeing them together in one place. It's probably part of the Capcom's idea to split the major story into Leon/Ada and Jill/Chris story arcs. I think there is a lot to be done for both, but I personally like Leon and Ada as a team, although my bias towards Jill is also pretty big. Jill and Leon are for sure my favorites in the series.

I think it might be beneficial to ignore the story from RE4 and on because there was way too much convoluted b.s. especially when it came to Ada's story in 6.

As for Jill and Chris...eeuuughh, they turned Chris into a hulking hot tempered dumbass. Jill is also somehow less of a badass than she was in 3. Perhaps work on fixing Chris with his god damn buffness, and make Jill awesome again. She was okay in Revelations, but could be better.

And no more weird **** like RE6 please. For god's sake.
And the thing is, While the Story arcs have traditionally been Leon/Ada and Chris/Jill, we got to see Chris/Ada in RE6. It's only fair that we get to see a Leon/Jill at some point in the near future.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Why should we only get one or two characters? I say give us all of them. The whole party.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Normally I would be very opposed to the idea of having Jill and Leon together as the main characters, simply because I don't like either of them very much and there's no one else to fall back on if they're the only options. However, now that I think of it, it could actually be interesting to see how they work together and interact with each other. They have a few similarities in some regards, but are also very different in others.

For example, I wonder how Jill would react to being hit on by Leon, something that is not at all the kind of treatment she's used to from her male partners (except Carlos). Perhaps in the middle of the story, they could become very desperate and start a drinking game by a fire, with a heartbroken Leon telling Jill about Ada, the only woman who doesn't reciprocate his affections in the way he'd like her to and is therefore the reason for him hitting on everyone else, and Jill telling Leon about Chris, her long-term partner who won't love her back either unless she undergoes a sex change and renames herself to Piers. In the end they decide to drop the mission and their crushes and elope with each other instead. Wouldn't that be nice?

(The part with the drinking game and everything after that is obviously not to be taken too seriously, but I would still be interested in seeing how that partnership would work out.)

As to who I'd really like to see, I'm relatively indifferent at this point. We just had a game featuring Chris, Ada, Jake and Sherry, who are some of my favourites, and Claire will be back in about a week. (Yes, people, it's only one more week until the first Revelations 2 episode!) So for now I'm pretty pleased with the character appearances, they could go in any direction from here.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Because everyone together will be a disaster. Remember RE6?
No, I don't remember anything about RE6, except that it's out. :p
Having all characters is a bad idea, but it's also a fun idea. A better idea would perhaps be to have four characters, and you could select one or two of them. But I don't know how much it would add to the complexity and costs of producing the game, perhaps two characters is the only realistic option.

Mark Mane McIntyre

There's 3 version's of how I want RE7 to go
Version 1. Claire, Jill and Chris, Leon and Ashley, and Ada - This ends Closure on Chris and Jill, also ends closure on Leon and Ada
Version 2. Jill is by herself
Version 3. Have Jill and Claire be in there own separate campaigns and meet time to time.
The Villain's for all 3 versions would be Raymond, Jessica, and Alex Wesker (Female)

AdaWait

Normally I would be very opposed to the idea of having Jill and Leon together as the main characters, simply because I don't like either of them very much and there's no one else to fall back on if they're the only options. However, now that I think of it, it could actually be interesting to see how they work together and interact with each other. They have a few similarities in some regards, but are also very different in others.

For example, I wonder how Jill would react to being hit on by Leon, something that is not at all the kind of treatment she's used to from her male partners (except Carlos). Perhaps in the middle of the story, they could become very desperate and start a drinking game by a fire, with a heartbroken Leon telling Jill about Ada, the only woman who doesn't reciprocate his affections in the way he'd like her to and is therefore the reason for him hitting on everyone else, and Jill telling Leon about Chris, her long-term partner who won't love her back either unless she undergoes a sex change and renames herself to Piers. In the end they decide to drop the mission and their crushes and elope with each other instead. Wouldn't that be nice?

(The part with the drinking game and everything after that is obviously not to be taken too seriously, but I would still be interested in seeing how that partnership would work out.)

As to who I'd really like to see, I'm relatively indifferent at this point. We just had a game featuring Chris, Ada, Jake and Sherry, who are some of my favourites, and Claire will be back in about a week. (Yes, people, it's only one more week until the first Revelations 2 episode!) So for now I'm pretty pleased with the character appearances, they could go in any direction from here.

The fire drinking story....ugghhhhhh.....

I get where you're coming from, I think we're all pretty burnt out on the characters. I for one love both Leon and Jill and it would be cool to see them together in one game, I don't necessarily think that Leon has to be a sly douchebag and hit on every female in any game; his romantic interest has been Ada after all.

My problem with 6 is that they introduced way too many characters and accelerated the pace of the game and story way too quickly. I'm not automatically biased against any new character, but 6 with all the weird **** alienated a lot of us so called "fans" so perhaps the next few games can be a bit more focused and less over the top. Revelations slowed things down pretty well, but once again introduced like 5 new characters all in one game and likely to stay. I think the whole Grinder/Quint story could have been cut out as you have Parker, Jessica, Raymond, Chris, and Jill already.

The story in Revelations was a bit over the top as well. You have the ship which is fine, but then there is some water metropolis city that melted from the sun? I don't even know what happened in that game it was so confusing.

Also who the hell hired Joey Wheeler to do the voice for Quint. Holy crap, what was the casting call for that guy? "Annoying Asshole?"

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

I know you said the part about the fireplace was a joke, but there's always a little truth to every joke, and I kind of like the idea. Maybe not make it as corny as you did, but the idea of two of the most hardened RE vets falling to pieces mid mission because everything has gone so far south. Two vets that have never had any onscreen time together at that. I actually thing it's really appealing. Rather than seeing vulnerable inexperienced newbies, take the ones we have experience with, and make them just as vulnerable as their first appearance...

AdaWait

IMHO there should be no more reoccurring characters.. we need new inexperienced people who are vulnerable.

Yes I've said that before and I think that's why RE is going into more action. The current characters are no longer scared and have experience, why would they be scared?

A 100% new cast would be interesting, but perhaps we should be eased into it.

I know you said the part about the fireplace was a joke, but there's always a little truth to every joke, and I kind of like the idea. Maybe not make it as corny as you did, but the idea of two of the most hardened RE vets falling to pieces mid mission because everything has gone so far south. Two vets that have never had any onscreen time together at that. I actually thing it's really appealing. Rather than seeing vulnerable inexperienced newbies, take the ones we have experience with, and make them just as vulnerable as their first appearance...

I still find that to be a very bad idea. As soon as you get romance involved, things go bad very quickly. That's what almost ruined RE4 for me. If Leon and Ashley hooked up I would have tossed that game out the god damn window. We all know Leon loves Ada and Chris loves muscle milk, so let's just leave it at that.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yes I've said that before and I think that's why RE is going into more action. The current characters are no longer scared and have experience, why would they be scared?

A 100% new cast would be interesting, but perhaps we should be eased into it.

I still find that to be a very bad idea. As soon as you get romance involved, things go bad very quickly. That's what almost ruined RE4 for me. If Leon and Ashley hooked up I would have tossed that game out the god damn window. We all know Leon loves Ada and Chris loves muscle milk, so let's just leave it at that.
...What I sad had nothing to do with romance. You assume too much. I simply stated that the characters being made vulnerable together would be a fantastic idea. And I don't think you quite understand what romance is if you thought there way ANYTHING romantic going on between Leon and Ashley...

Top Bottom