• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Characters who should be in RE 7 ?

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
...What I sad had nothing to do with romance. You assume too much. I simply stated that the characters being made vulnerable together would be a fantastic idea. And I don't think you quite understand what romance is if you thought there way ANYTHING romantic going on between Leon and Ashley...

Bull****. You know exactly where that was going.

For someone who just accused me of assuming too much, you're pretty liberal in going right ahead and assuming:

1. I don't know anything about romance, and
2. That I actually thought there would be anything going on between Leon and Ashley

I said that I would hate it if that were the case and clearly Ashley took interest in Leon, but it would have been a bad idea to let that come to fruition and I am glad Capcom didn't do that because it isn't in the realm of impossibility.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Bull****. You know exactly where that was going.

For someone who just accused me of assuming too much, you're pretty liberal in going right ahead and assuming:

1. I don't know anything about romance, and
2. That I actually thought there would be anything going on between Leon and Ashley

I said that I would hate it if that were the case and clearly Ashley took interest in Leon, but it would have been a bad idea to let that come to fruition and I am glad Capcom didn't do that because it isn't in the realm of impossibility.
It isn't in the realm of possibility, and no players assumed it, therefore, it wasn't even relevant to bring up...So don't waste your time bring up irrelevant information...Secondly, I didn't say what she said was perfect, I said it would be a neat idea if it was gone about the right way. ALL I said was to make the characters vulnerable again, so don't tell me what's bullsh*t...

AdaWait

It isn't in the realm of possibility, and no players assumed it, therefore, it wasn't even relevant to bring up...So don't waste your time bring up irrelevant information...Secondly, I didn't say what she said was perfect, I said it would be a neat idea if it was gone about the right way. ALL I said was to make the characters vulnerable again, so don't tell me what's bullsh*t...

What are you on about?! Of course it's in the realm of possibility. Do you work at Capcom? How do you know no players assumed it? And how is it not relevant to bring up?!

Nothing in that post makes sense.

You're saying that they wrote in Ashley saying "Hey how about when we get back you do some overtime? ;)" as just some random thing that had no meaning. Her falling in love with Leon would make all the sense in the world. That doesn't mean that it would make sense to exploit that possibility and I AM GLAD THEY DIDN'T.

Also. The characters will not be vulnerable again, it's just not plausible. Leon has no reason to go off the rails and neither does Jill. Chris of course would if he lost Jill, but it doesn't seem that Jill would feel the same way. I never bought their whole partner relationship.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
What are you on about?! Of course it's in the realm of possibility. Do you work at Capcom? How do you know no players assumed it? And how is it not relevant to bring up?!

Nothing in that post makes sense.

You're saying that they wrote in Ashley saying "Hey how about when we get back you do some overtime? ;)" as just some random thing that had no meaning. Her falling in love with Leon would make all the sense in the world. That doesn't mean that it would make sense to exploit that possibility and I AM GLAD THEY DIDN'T.

Also. The characters will not be vulnerable again, it's just not plausible. Leon has no reason to go off the rails and neither does Jill. Chris of course would if he lost Jill, but it doesn't seem that Jill would feel the same way. I never bought their whole partner relationship.
...That's why they said "Mid Game." In fact, her exact words were "Perhaps in the middle of the story, they could become very desperate." Something could happen to make them go off the rails. No one said it had to be anything already existing. Use some imagination. As for the whole "Overtime" line, yes that was thrown in there for no other reason than it's VERY common practice to end downer stories that have a happy ending on a light hearted joke.

Romance is defined as - a feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love.

We didn't get this at ALL with Leon and Ashley throughout the course of the game. None. That line was thrown in to make players chuckle and smile as the credits rolled and the characters sped off into the sunset, just like MANY video games and movies have done before it. Now, there is romantic focus and sexual tension in the game yes, but it's between Leon and Ada.

AdaWait

Of course it wasn't serious with Leon and Ashley, I didn't say it was. I feel like we're agreeing yet we don't want to agree on the fact that we're agreeing.

Anyway, I'm going to cut it off here.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Carlos
Jill
Ada
Jessica

I would like to see these again
But only if they resolve the issue surrounding ada and Jessica

berto

I Saw the Devil
I always prefer Leon, from the list of old characters, but the people at Capcom today write him really weirdly, not quite the same as in 2 or 4. They made Chris into a stiff and then into then an stereotypical alcoholic. I just don't trust Capcom to pull off the old characters anymore. I'd like to have the old characters back but they are just... off. I want to see how Rev2 goes before I say it's not all bad.

AdaWait

Well to be fair, his writing in 2 was barely enough to call him a character. He was mostly developed in 4, but once again, kind of a charming, funny, bad ass, morally right guy. Pretty typical. RE6 they did the same except made him a bit darker and had less humor. I prefer the 4 style, but 6 wasn't terrible for Leon.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
There's no excuse for Jill not to be in the next game. I also wouldn't mind seeing Rebecca, Billy, Sheva, Josh or Sherry again, so any of those characters would do and for the love of god please give Chris and Leon a break.

Also, you can never have too much Claire.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
realy i wanna rebecca i hope luis but they ruin that by killing hem and hunk carlos wesker u.s.s piers nevans and i hope they make reason for ecapeing and servive lol and Bruce McGivern thats it.

AdaWait

Jill was in Revelations 1 which I consider recent, so I really don't see the need to have her in so soon again.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well to be fair, his writing in 2 was barely enough to call him a character. He was mostly developed in 4, but once again, kind of a charming, funny, bad ass, morally right guy. Pretty typical. RE6 they did the same except made him a bit darker and had less humor. I prefer the 4 style, but 6 wasn't terrible for Leon.
That's true, RE2 wasn't too thick on the development but it had enough of something to make an impact; it's a lot of people's favorite game in the series, even Simon Pegg's who had a running RE2 joke on one episode of his show 'Spaced.'

I thought he was too rigid in 6. It wasn't bad. In Damnation he was a bit more like he was in 4 but not as clever and so I thought that that was going to be the same in the game but no such luck so I was a bit disappointed.

There's no excuse for Jill not to be in the next game. I also wouldn't mind seeing Rebecca, Billy, Sheva, Josh or Sherry again, so any of those characters would do and for the love of god please give Chris and Leon a break.

Also, you can never have too much Claire.
You know, everyone keeps asking for the same people, the women. an all girl RE game wouldn't be bad but Capcom has said that people don't like playing as women, the sales show it, and that's why there are very few games with a female protagonist and even fewer where there isn't a playable male lead along with her, usually the lead rather than the woman.

AdaWait

That's true, RE2 wasn't too thick on the development but it had enough of something to make an impact; it's a lot of people's favorite game in the series, even Simon Pegg's who had a running RE2 joke on one episode of his show 'Spaced.'

I thought he was too rigid in 6. It wasn't bad. In Damnation he was a bit more like he was in 4 but not as clever and so I thought that that was going to be the same in the game but no such luck so I was a bit disappointed.

You know, everyone keeps asking for the same people, the women. an all girl RE game wouldn't be bad but Capcom has said that people don't like playing as women, the sales show it, and that's why there are very few games with a female protagonist and even fewer where there isn't a playable male lead along with her, usually the lead rather than the woman.

I think RE2 is a lot of people's favorite because it's exactly like 1, just bigger, scarier, better looking, harder, multiple scenarios, etc.

I personally like RE3 more, although instead of having 4 scenarios, they have two different endings I think, which to be honest, RE2 has only two endings/scenarios, we just say 4 because you switch characters. RE3 I understand gets a lot of hate for being significantly easier than 2 and that you have a gigantic arsenal pretty much from the start. I would argue that Nemesis makes the game a lot harder until you learn to either fight or run away. The increase in zombies and ammo is fine because Jill has already seen zombies in RE1 so she's not so scared of them, rather Nemesis. It's also in a city, so it would make sense that you would have more zombies, where as in RE2 you're pretty much in one location which wasn't densely populated to begin with because the police were out fighting zombies. But I digress.

As for female leads. Interesting point, I'm not sure about that one. I personally don't care who the lead is and I haven't heard of people complaining, but that's probably because those who buy games with female leads don't care and those who do care, won't buy the games. Something like Tomb Raider has done really well with a female lead, but she's a personality outside of the video game realm, so it's not the same as Jill or Claire. I would like to see more female leads, but like I said, Revelations 1 had Jill as a lead (also switching between Chris and everyone else), Revelations 2 has Claire, and 6 had a female supporting for Leon and Jake. Historically we also had RE1, choice from Jill or Chris, RE2 Leon or Claire, RE3 Jill switch to Carlos, but mainly Jill, Code Veronica Claire, RE4 Leon play as Ashley at one point, etc etc.

I think Capcom has done a decent job of making most games where you alternate or at least get to play as both male and female characters. Furthermore, you have 4 main leads (IMO) Leon, Chris, Jill, and Claire sharing a decent amount of game time in the canon.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I'd say bring Sheva back because she is awesone. But She will assisst Chris as a Field Operations Support. And bring Rebecca, Ark Thompson, and Josh Stone.

I think Alice should be the villian.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
I'd say bring Sheva back because she is awesone. But She will assisst Chris as a Field Operations Support. And bring Rebecca, Ark Thompson, and Josh Stone.

I think Alice should be the villian.

alice as a villian ok sheva indeed but no chris plz i think sheva can get through tough situation alone....

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Oh god, no. Please. No Alice in the games. It would ruin it for me.

As for who I would like to see... I really would like a game with Sherry in, and I don't mind if Jake was in there. I would also like to see Claire and Chris team up at some point because that would give some great character interaction. Or Claire and Sherry as a team.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Sheva and Josh making a return either somehow, but I know that this is an unpopular opinion. :p

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
As much as I'd like for Billy and Rebecca to return, I think they'd be really fitting for a Revelations 3. Resident Evil 7 on the other hand, I feel should go back to Chris and Jill so we could see what kind of development they've gone through as a team since RE5.

Top Bottom