• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can zombies generate offspring?

Female zombie just turned. Is her genetic makeup suitable for development of a fetus?

• Yes, her body should provide what's necessary for the development.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No, her body would not prove suitable for the development of the fetus.

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

rocklikebrucelee

well...why would they even want a zombie baby anyway? and besides...the baby would be developing with the virus in it...wouldn't the baby's physical body change doing so?

Kellyrose

I don't know the circumstances, but for what its worth, Hunters are created by fusion of a human fertilized egg with T-virus infected reptilian DNA, so that shows that a fertilized egg will still develop if its infected.

D

Deleted member 1428

Yeah but only the reptile DNA was infected withthe TV ( tvirus LOL :lol:) not the fertile egg.

3rd Mutation

rocklikebrucelee;47192 said:
well...why would they even want a zombie baby anyway? and besides...the baby would be developing with the virus in it...wouldn't the baby's physical body change doing so?
Lol, why we would do it is irrelevant. It's about 'can' we do it. ;)

ResidentZelda

Levan;47095 said:
I have a question related to rocklikebrucelee's, what if a woman was impregnated from the start, and then turns into a zombie? Would that have caused the baby to turn into a baby zombie as well? D:

I Believe that in the movie "Dawn of the dead"
There's this woman that was pregnant then she got bitten turned into a zombie, then she gave birth to a zombaby (a baby zombie) but I don't really know if that's even possible.

3rd Mutation

Huh, really? That's awesome, have to watch that some time. Don't think we can compare zombies here, Romero's zombies become zombies because of no apparent reason.

ResidentZelda

Yeah but there's two version the one made in the 1970's and the most recent one, you have to watch the recent one, but a warning is REALLY REALLY gross.

Nosophoros

The ending to the new one isn't to good. Anyway, why would zombies need to "generate" offspring, all they have to do is bite or scratch someone and they turn into one.

Popo

she cant because if she's dead, her blood circulation would sstop, making it impossible for her to have zhilds xD

D

Deleted member 1428

Yeah but we're sorts talking about every type of zombies. Not just the RE ones (I think :/).

Godammlover

Yes, I was going to say that about "Dawn Of The Dead" There's a women, that's pregnant. In the stage, of nearly giving birth? And she's bitten or scratched and he ties her down to the bed and she dies.. But the baby gets infected and starts to move. Then she comes back alive (Zombiefied) Then she gives birth to a baby. Zombie baby. :)

But it's only hollywood people :)!

Hoady

I doubt it, i don't think the baby would exactly be in a comfort zone and it would need all the fresh crap a normal human has like all the stuff that flows to the baby...actually i don't have a clue how babies work even thinking about how normal babies are made makes me cringe, why can't it just be pelicans?Maybe like the baby grows and then transforms into a double headed zombie super mum?

I really don't know lol.

Godammlover

LOL.
After 3weeks, the baby mutates into a super baby zombie. With features of a normal baby but stronger!

P.S
We do not give back refunds.

Davinfected

I would think zombies are sterile.
Its been pointed out that zombies feel no pain - well, they should not feel pleasure either. I don't think a male zombie could become aroused and have a hard-on. And his brain would be completely consumed with the desire to kill and feed, he wouldn't turn around and say "**** it, I'm gonna make out with that hot chick over there."

If a healthy man managed to rape a female zombie, he would probably contract the virus himself, and I don't think his sperm would have any effect on her shrivelled up reproductive organs. And with all the pelvic action, he'd probably break her in half in the attempt.

And no, zombies do not need oxygen. See outbreak file #2 - the nerve gas in the police station has no effect on the undead, but it causes serious harm to the survivors. And in numerous games, zombies have emerged from under water and ice.

Hoady

iHax^;47298 said:
LOL.
After 3weeks, the baby mutates into a super baby zombie. With features of a normal baby but stronger!

P.S
We do not give back refunds.

LOL!What do babies have though?Excellent whining powers so like they get high pitched yelling noises which any mother couldn't resist to help(getting its prey).Zombie babies aren't exactly cute so they can't use there charm to capture victims either, maybe its the fact they make you feel sorry for them?Well babies don't have teeth either so you'd have this mini mutant slobbering on your face.:sick:

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Good topic, 3rd Mutation.

La Femme Fatale;47070 said:
At first, I was like, 'sure why not', but upon second consideration I'm not entirely sure if a female zombie would still- and excuse my language boys- ovulate and have her menstrual cycle. I mean, she is technically dead right?

I really don't know. I think if this is going to be discussed theoretically, we need to discuss what a zombie is and how it's body functions, aha.
Heh, I was thinking the same at first, then got second thoughts- a zombie can't possibly be fertile. I think I need to learn what a zombie are and are not, I do have opinions about it that's sometimes contradicting.

3rd Mutation;47072 said:
Time to take the zombie anatomy apart, then. ;)
Secondly, do zombies breathe oxygen? How can they not? Oxygen is needed in the muscles to function and in the brain.
Unless they are magic beings they must have some kind of metabolism similar to other life forms that we know, and they need oxygen in order to burn energy, right? Don't tell me that they utilize nutrition in the same way as plants and bacteria.

013;47075 said:
Well about the menstral thing, doesn't the t-virus change the genetic coding? Maybe they wouldn't need to have it anymore.

And though it would should as if it made sense. I don't think so. The body is constantly rotting, peices falling off. Eventually the body would be so badly rotted it would not have the proper muscles left to even move, let alone create new life. That's just my opinion.
While I do think that they breathe and have bodies that is functioning to a small degree, I don't think that a fully developed zombie can get pregnant by natural means. But maybe an embyro could be inserted into a zombie woman and grow, I don't know.
I'm not so familiar with the RE zombies, I only know what I've read about them. Zombies are different. In other games they appear as rotten undead magic beings. When you declare something to be magic, you don't need to explain absolutely everything about it...

Btw, I have no idea what you meant by the red colored sentence.

bruno;47084 said:
There's lots of zombies coming out of the water in Dead Aim and Outbreak 2, so they probably don't need to breathe. I doubt their lungs still work. Their blood is almost stagnated inside of the body, so i think the organs are useless.

I think they were reffering to hunting, not reproducing.
And i don't think they really need to eat (their digestive system probably doesn't work), they're hungry because of the hormones released from the brain (this is what i think).
In Magic and Mayhem I think the zombies could drown. Perhaps they can stay under water alot longer than humans though. Their slow metabolism would help them.

As for eating, zombies in some games can eat (where skeletons can not eat). And if they can eat they must have a working digestive system, what would happen to the food otherwise? If RE zombies can eat flesh then they must have a working digestive system!

EternalImpaler;47238 said:
The ending to the new one isn't to good. Anyway, why would zombies need to "generate" offspring, all they have to do is bite or scratch someone and they turn into one.
Great point! Their way of reproducing is very simple, they just pass on the virus. No need for mating then.

Davinfected;47307 said:
If a healthy man managed to rape a female zombie, he would probably contract the virus himself, and I don't think his sperm would have any effect on her shrivelled up reproductive organs. And with all the pelvic action, he'd probably break her in half in the attempt.
Or maybe the offspring would be half human half zombie. =]

Davinfected;47307 said:
And no, zombies do not need oxygen. See outbreak file #2 - the nerve gas in the police station has no effect on the undead, but it causes serious harm to the survivors. And in numerous games, zombies have emerged from under water and ice.
That does not prove that they don't need oxygen. They may perhaps need less oxygen, and the nerve gas is probably not removing all oxygen from the air. That's not what nerve gas is designed to do. Maybe it did not work on the zombies because they don't got an intact nerve system.
There's a lot of things that I'm unsure of, but I'm confident that even undeads needs oxygen. Unless they are magic, which I don't think RE zombies are.

Top Bottom