• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Any Chance of Jill Valentine being in RE6?

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
I would like to add an important revelation that RE3 introduced to the series. The existence of an antidote (vaccine) for the T-Virus. Sure RE2 had one, but it was for the G-virus. Until RE3 it was never mentioned, and wasn't until Degeneration. The formula for the T-Virus was lost when Raccoon City was wiped out, and Wilpharma had to start over from scratch.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I would like to add an important revelation that RE3 introduced to the series. The existence of an antidote (vaccine) for the T-Virus. Sure RE2 had one, but it was for the G-virus. Until RE3 it was never mentioned, and wasn't until Degeneration. The formula for the T-Virus was lost when Raccoon City was wiped out, and Wilpharma had to start over from scratch.

There was also a vaccine in Outbreak, but I don't consider the Outbreak games as canon. I'm not sure if the characters carried any vaccine out of the city.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
I realize it was in Outbreak, but was pointing out that it was an important plot point in RE3 which as you know predates the Outbreak games.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
There was also a vaccine in Outbreak, but I don't consider the Outbreak games as canon. I'm not sure if the characters carried any vaccine out of the city.
Hasn't it been stated that the Outbreak games are non-cannon anyway...As in completely non-cannon...Just for fan enjoyment like ORC...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Hasn't it been stated that the Outbreak games are non-cannon anyway...As in completely non-cannon...Just for fan enjoyment like ORC...
I think Capcom never mentioned anything about the canonicity(?) of Outbreak, so it's up to you. However, some stuff from Outbreak was carried to canon games like chronicles (and also ORC).I personally don't consider it as canon and most of it's enemies are actually stupid xD
ORC may be canon, at least the fact that USS were in the city, but some events depend on how you play the game (like in RE1/RE2).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think Capcom never mentioned anything about the canonicity(?) of Outbreak, so it's up to you. However, some stuff from Outbreak was carried to canon games like chronicles (and also ORC).I personally don't consider it as canon and most of it's enemies are actually stupid xD
ORC may be canon, at least the fact that USS were in the city, but some events depend on how you play the game (like in RE1/RE2).
Just out of curiosity, what was carried from Outbreak to Chronicles...And actually, it may BE cannon because Outbreak file two mentions the Wesker Project...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
The entire run of Raccoon's Destruction, the retelling of RE3, was taken from Outbreak save for the RPD. (ie; the subway station, behind the apple inn, behind J's Bar, the street in which you blow zombies to bits at the end of the Outbreak scenario in File #1, etc.)

bruno

Chief Researcher
Just out of curiosity, what was carried from Outbreak to Chronicles...And actually, it may BE cannon because Outbreak file two mentions the Wesker Project...
I was talking about some BOW's (like the T-103 tyrant, I don't remember the code name) and the layout of the city, for example.
What was mentioned about the Wesker Report? I don't remember... (and I don't think they had already planned that by that time, or they'd place it in a game like Outbreak)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I was talking about some BOW's (like the T-103 tyrant, I don't remember the code name) and the layout of the city, for example.
What was mentioned about the Wesker Report? I don't remember... (and I don't think they had already planned that by that time, or they'd place it in a game like Outbreak)
Actually, I believe it's the T-103 Tyrant itself...It was an offshoot of the Wesker project or something...Or done similar fashion to the Wesker Project...I don't remember the specifics of it...I just remember it being mentioned along with a type of tyrant...I'm sorry I couldn't elaborate...

bruno

Chief Researcher
The T-103R Ada faces is the which is in Outbreak, the one which could be controlled by the user (i like to think Umbrella scientists decided to try it, but without the presence of the Outbreak characters...).
The T-103 from RE2 is destroyed in the explosion and the 5 T-103's sent to the P-12A Ininerator Facility are all dead by that time (Jill sees them), so Ada could have only fought the one from Outbreak.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Yeah, the T-103R Ada faces is the same one from Outbreak File#2. She even fights it on the same highway that it is last encountered in OF#2. Not to mention that some people keep bringing up the Raccoon Trials in relation to RE6's timeframe, but the only time I recall seeing the Raccoon Trials in a game is OF#2. So if the Raccoon Trials are canon that would make the Outbreak games canon wouldn't it. Oh, don't forget that OF#2 has a scenario that shows how Marvin Branagh became injured and came to be in the condition he was found in during RE2.

bruno

Chief Researcher
It wouldn't make the games canon, though some things in them existed.
Weather those characters were there or not, or if they survived doesn't really matter.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Well I like to consider them canon because they basically let you play through the Raccoon City Incident from a new perspective. If the Raccoon Trials a recognized as canon then by proxy so should the characters that testified at the trials. Maybe not everything from the Outbreak games are canon but some things definately seem to be.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well I like to consider them canon because they basically let you play through the Raccoon City Incident from a new perspective. If the Raccoon Trials a recognized as canon then by proxy so should the characters that testified at the trials. Maybe not everything from the Outbreak games are canon but some things definately seem to be.
So did the Outbreak characters testify at the trials?

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
The playable character Yoko and Linda from the final scenario in OF#2, the name is lost to me at the moment. They were both Umbrella Employees who testified against Umbrella on behalf of the US Government.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The playable character Yoko and Linda from the final scenario in OF#2, the name is lost to me at the moment. They were both Umbrella Employees who testified against Umbrella on behalf of the US Government.
I guess that does make them cannon then doesn't it...For the most part at least...

Top Bottom