• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Any Chance of Jill Valentine being in RE6?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Yea I know it came before Code veronica.

But my point was that RE3 could have easily been left out of the series and the main storyline advancement it did give could have easily been explained in the intro of Code Veronica.

While I do find that Code Veronica's story is just as important as the main series- Claire finally gets closure and meets up with her brother- I wouldn't say that they should have left out RE3. For reasons that Magnolia pointed out and the fact that it does advance Jill's story along with the information on how she had the t-virus in her system, which Capcom played up on in RE5.

bruno

Chief Researcher

But my point was that RE3 could have easily been left out of the series and the main storyline advancement it did give could have easily been explained in the intro of Code Veronica.

Don't forget RE3 doesn't only show Jill's escape. It contains a huge number of subplots and information important for later games.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Mind elaborating?
To list a few:
  • Umbrella's dominance over Racoon City
  • Brad Vicker's death
  • What happened in different stages of the outbreak
  • The involvement of the UBCS
  • Jill's infection
  • How the outbreak occured
  • Involvement of the US Army and the battle with the T-103's
  • Jill's escape with the help of Barry Burton
  • Racoon City's destruction
Some of these were further explored.
Besides, don't forget that, while not being numbered, Code Veronica is as important to the series as the numbered titles.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Re3 was just as important to the main timeline as any other game. Remember that, in this game, we see more of Umbrella's innerworkings, we further Jill's story - which will later be brought back up in RE5, which I forgot about until bSTAR pointed it out (thanks girl) - the destruction of Raccoon City and the entire world finally finds out that Umbrella hasn't just been creating Safsprin and Adravil all these years. (And without that knowledge, who knows how long it would have taken to deliver that last blow to Umbrella?)

Jumping from RE2 to CV would have left some holes that this game most definitely fills in.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But the final half of the game added nothing to continue the story.

So really Code Veronica was technically the 3rd game in the series since it actually moved the story forward.
The end of the third game proved Jill got out alive...Instead of dying in Racoon City...Only making her a character able to return in RE5...So RE3 did add something...It also showed how Umbrella was wiped from the map...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

I'd like to see them throw Nemesis into CV...Nemesis explained a lot about the parasite and controlling a tyrant and such..

Painted_Wraith

Metal Gear Solid 3 is a prequel to the first Metal Gear, and Devil May Cry 5 is a prequel to the first DMC. Prequels named with a higher number than sequels isn't unheard of.

On a side note, I've heard some say Leon is overdue a starring role, but Jill's last major appearance was in 1999 if you exclude the remake.

KKAAIIG

Metal Gear Solid 3 is a prequel to the first Metal Gear, and Devil May Cry 5 is a prequel to the first DMC. Prequels named with a higher number than sequels isn't unheard of.

On a side note, I've heard some say Leon is overdue a starring role, but Jill's last major appearance was in 1999 if you exclude the remake.
If anything I think Jill is overdude, Leon has been in RE4 and the CGI movies, Chris was in CV and RE5. Capcom.. you have more than 2 main characters you know..? Lol

Painted_Wraith

Jill is in Revelations, was in LIN and DE.

I don't think Revelations should be classed as a major entry into the series, especially since it's a DS exclusive. I see your point about the two extra chapters though, but I don't think it's the same as having a full game. They were add-ons, rather than the main content.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't think Revelations should be classed as a major entry into the series, especially since it's a DS exclusive. I see your point about the two extra chapters though, but I don't think it's the same as having a full game. They were add-ons, rather than the main content.

I'll have to disagree with you there. Although Revelations is a 3DS exclusive, it IS a major entrance in the series. I think it may even be a setup for RE6, since they introduced two villians who betrayed the BSAA and escaped with the t-Abyss virus (either that or they're planning to make more 3DS games).
I think Claire is in a much worse situation than Claire, and with what they showed us in Degeneration, we may run the risk to lose her as a main character.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Jill is in ORC (heroes mode)

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Well Revelations takes place before LIN, and (spoiler) the ending shows a scene setting up LIN itself, but I would think that if RE6 took place completely before the events of RE5 they would have instead included a scene that sets up that game. (shows Leon talking to the President as an example.)
Besides no one has said that she won't be in the game, just not as a playable character at least. I feel that there is enough known information about RE6 that puts most of it after RE5

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

DMC3 is a prequel to DMC...The New Devil May Cry is a reboot, and from what I've read isn't a prequel like DMC3, but a reboot, taking the place of DMC1, though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...
Also, Jill was a major character in RE5, just wasn't playble...She's more or less seen more game time than Leon...Also, she has her Umbrella's End scenario in Umbrella Chronicles...A cannon event that deals with Jill as playable...and that was released in 07 so...

Top Bottom