• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Albert Wesker to return in RE7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
http://nerdreactor.com/2014/05/04/wesker-to-return-to-resident-evil-series/
There's a rumor going around that Wesker will be returning in Resident Evil 7, as Ken Lally, Wesker's mo cap actor tweeted a photo of him and Reuben Langdon(Chris Redfield Mo cap) in the motion capture studio all dressed up in the mo cap gear.
Although DC Douglas stated that he hasn't been called yet so this is strange.

Once Wesker was killed off in RE5, that was pretty much it for Resident Evil, Wesker wasn't just the villain of Resident Evil, he WAS Resident Evil, he was the one who started it all in the first game and he developed over the entire series, the franchise is nothing without him and RE6 was proof that Resident Evil is done and done.
Yeah I think bringing Wesker back would be cheap, but I've lost all respect for Resident Evil so I'd be happy if Wesker was brought back just for the sake of seeing him again.

Albert Wesker, was not Resident Evil. He was 1/2 because mathematically speaking there are Alpha and Bravo. It now spiraled downhill from there. The problem with RE6 was that it was overloaded with action. Fans rant and rave about how good RE4 was and Wesker was not even in it. He returned in 5 and the fan-base went even more downhill from there.

The problematic issue is that the action has totally gone out of control. There are no more puzzles, instead of finding keys and unlocking doors; it turns into a zombie slaughterhouse.

If Capcom does bring, Wesker, back, yes, it would be very beneficial. However it also lead to disaster. If Capcom does bring him back, who is to say they won't bring back Lisa Trevor or other killed of characters. Just let Wesker go and maybe Capcom could make Jake Mueller an interesting character.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Yes he was Resident Evil and yes he WAS in Resident Evil 4, just behind the scenes and really Wesker being the behind the scenes guy is what made him such an awesome villain, him in CVX was more or less in the middle, but him just becoming the antagonist of RE5 and finally killed was dumb and lackluster.

Without him Resident Evil has lost all impact, we've gone through Spencer, Carla and Simmons and none of them have had us thinking about what would happen like Wesker did.
All the main canon of Resident Evil is now is cleaning up Umbrella's, Tricell's, Neo Umbrella's or the next generic bioterrorist mess.
Wesker carried the Resident Evil franchise, every game since CVX had us wondering when he would make his move, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Revelations and 6 were the ones that didn't feature Wesker and any true RE fan knows that CVX is the real RE3 and Nemesis is the actual spin off all because of some licensing crap with Sony and Capcom.
RE2 and Revelations were the only real canon ones before RE6 that didn't feature Wesker directly, but he was still involved through Ada in RE2 and the Spencer Estate where he shows up was teased at the end of Revelations.

Jake Muller is boring and the only reason fans want to see him again is if he somehow goes up against his father or f**ks Sherry.
I could see Jake going up against Alex Wesker though.
I want to see if Capcom can make Alex Wesker match the impact of Albert, if Capcom wants to keep Resident Evil going another long run then they're going to need another big bad guy to carry the franchise in another long run just like Albert Wesker did and that comes down to Alex.

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
When did he appear in RE4 and do you remember the exact cutscene? I, never saw him in it and what do you mean by "behind the scenes"? I, do think his role was extremely prominent in CVX, yet he really only shined when he was in RE and RE5. It was a very dumb and lackluster move on Capcom's behalf, simply because I think they wanted a cheap thrill. If I was to make a guess; I'd say Capcom was not planning to make RE6 and if they were it was not for die-hard fans. Die-hard fans realize that after Chris gained all the muscle; it would hard to justify him, going back to the size he was in the RE1.

They never should have made the characters, so detailed (physically speaking). Instead they should of focused more on character development because this is what they lacked. They tried to make-up w/ it in by adding a whole new ensemble, yet I do not think the fans were sucked into it.

Bring back: Tokuro Fujiwara, Shinji Mikami, and Hideki Kamiya! The originals.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
When did he appear in RE4 and do you remember the exact cutscene? I, never saw him in it and what do you mean by "behind the scenes"?
Just one of the multiple scenes he shows up in.
His behind the scenes role was exactly as it sounds, he was always involved with everything even though he was never there in person.
Wesker was Resident Evil, he was always around and you knew it, but when he showed up in person, you knew things were serious.

redfeeniks

@xMobilemux
Just signed up to tell you- You have an abnormal fixation in claiming Albert Wesker being RE core, Just wanted to say this : SHUT. THE. ****. UP.

----

Bye.

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
It's all a matter of opinion and apparently you do not agree. Case closed. In addition you are not a worthy opponent to go against me. Have a great day!

The Darkening Sea

But you're just wanting information because you don't have it...RE has ALWAYS has plot holes, that they filled in, even YEARS later...I mean...When RE2 came out, there was next to NO mention of Jill...But they filled in what happened to her with RE3...Also, if a game poses a question, and the VERY next game answers it, that gets boring after 2 or 3 games...There needs to be some spread to it. To keep us on our toes and guessing. Just like how a TV show works. If in episode 3 of *Insert show here* a question is posed, then why would they answer it RIGHT in Episode 4, or, they could wait, then come episode 11, BAM, out of nowhere, and when you least expect it, you get your answers...That's much better storytelling...

But Separate Ways is JUST a pivitol to the over all story, as the main story. Possibly even MORE so. Separate Ways completes the game and the FULL story. You can't exclude it to make a point. That's just grasping for straws...

Albert Wesker was not that crucial to the game series. Let’s not exaggerate here. RE2 was a solid game and also was absent of Wesker. They could create a new solid game without him again. Wesker only appears in Ada’s story in RE4, and you didn’t even get this optional side game with the GameCube version. RE4 was still a brilliant game nevertheless.

It must be said: Albert Wesker breathes life into the fandom. Whether it be impressing fan boys with his night-time coolness, or exciting fan girls with his dangerous sexuality. (The latter is not intentional, but turns out that way regardless.) He was not even the most developed character. But the idea of him as this distant villain lurking in the shadows of the protagonists excelled anything else. So with the exception of a few, the fans can never get enough of him, and he will be sorely missed.

If Revelations 2 was taking place between RE4 and RE5 instead, let’s say around the year 2005, and Wesker was going to play a relevant role in it with Claire as our protagonist, the excitement right now would be exceeding.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Albert Wesker was not that crucial to the game series. Let’s not exaggerate here. RE2 was a solid game and also was absent of Wesker. They could create a new solid game without him again. Wesker only appears in Ada’s story in RE4, and you didn’t even get this optional side game with the GameCube version. RE4 was still a brilliant game nevertheless.

It must be said: Albert Wesker breathes life into the fandom. Whether it be impressing fan boys with his night-time coolness, or exciting fan girls with his dangerous sexuality. (The latter is not intentional, but turns out that way regardless.) He was not even the most developed character. But the idea of him as this distant villain lurking in the shadows of the protagonists excelled anything else. So with the exception of a few, the fans can never get enough of him, and he will be sorely missed.

If Revelations 2 was taking place between RE4 and RE5 instead, let’s say around the year 2005, and Wesker was going to play a relevant role in it with Claire as our protagonist, the excitement right now would be exceeding.
..."Albert Wesker was not that crucial to the game series." Are you nuts? He is the whole reason absolutely ANYTHING happens in the series past Resident Evil 3. Also, I'm not quite sure what you're arguing against here when it comes to quoting me, because I made it clear that I DON'T want Wesker back...That said, he doesn't only exist in Ada's story, because Leon talks to Ada about working with Wesker in HIS story line, therefore opening a door that there is more to show.

Anyway, not being crucial to the game series...At the end of REmake (Which is the canon came in Resident Evil series, so RE1 is out of the picture here), we know that Wesker survives...So from that moment on, he is crucial, because that means two things. A. The main antagonist is still alive and out there, and doing bad things. And B. There is another virus that ISN'T the T-Virus (The one Wesker injects himself with before confronting Jill and Chris and releasing the Tyran) out there doing things to people that they need to learn about...You don't have to like Wesker, or think he's a great character...But to say he isn't crucial is completely moronic to say the least...I didn't even MENTION his involvement in CODE: Veronica X...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
..."Albert Wesker was not that crucial to the game series." Are you nuts? He is the whole reason absolutely ANYTHING happens in the series past Resident Evil 3. ...

So true,

Lets recap shall we,

RE0, played a very crucial role in the death of Marcus that sent him on the warpath of revenge that first unleashed the T Virus

RE1, set the entire events up as a test for the Stars members

RE2, sent Ada wong to retrieve the G Virus which ultimately played a role in saving one of the staple RE characters leon

RECodeVeronica, attacked Rockfort Island and unleashed the outbreak

RE4, similar to RE2 where he sent Ada Wong to retrieve the Las plagas

RE5, was the main villian of the game with wanting to unleash uroborus on the world.

And lets not forget the other stuff he had his hands in OUTSIDE the numbered entries such as been 1 of the main people responsible for the total Collapse of Umbrella.

The guy played a major role in all the numbered entries except for RE3, saying he was "not crucial to the game series" could not be further from the truth, and to say otherwise is a exaggeration is even further ridiculous.

Sorry TheDarkeningSea but I have to ask, what series have you been playing all this time?

The Darkening Sea

..."Albert Wesker was not that crucial to the game series." Are you nuts? He is the whole reason absolutely ANYTHING happens in the series past Resident Evil 3. Also, I'm not quite sure what you're arguing against here when it comes to quoting me, because I made it clear that I DON'T want Wesker back...That said, he doesn't only exist in Ada's story, because Leon talks to Ada about working with Wesker in HIS story line, therefore opening a door that there is more to show.

Anyway, not being crucial to the game series...At the end of REmake (Which is the canon came in Resident Evil series, so RE1 is out of the picture here), we know that Wesker survives...So from that moment on, he is crucial, because that means two things. A. The main antagonist is still alive and out there, and doing bad things. And B. There is another virus that ISN'T the T-Virus (The one Wesker injects himself with before confronting Jill and Chris and releasing the Tyran) out there doing things to people that they need to learn about...You don't have to like Wesker, or think he's a great character...But to say he isn't crucial is completely moronic to say the least...I didn't even MENTION his involvement in CODE: Veronica X...

I never said he wasn’t crucial. What I did say was that he wasn’t that crucial. There is difference there. And I have already explained what Albert Wesker means to the fandom. Here I go repeating myself: It must be said: Albert Wesker breathes life into the fandom. Whether it be impressing fan boys with his night-time coolness, or exciting fan girls with his dangerous sexuality. (The latter is not intentional, but turns out that way regardless.) He was not even the most developed character. But the idea of him as this distant villain lurking in the shadows of the protagonists excelled anything else. So with the exception of a few, the fans can never get enough of him, and he will be sorely missed.

Maybe next time you could read properly before jumping on me?

The Darkening Sea

So true,

Lets recap shall we,

RE0, played a very crucial role in the death of Marcus that sent him on the warpath of revenge that first unleashed the T Virus

RE1, set the entire events up as a test for the Stars members

RE2, sent Ada wong to retrieve the G Virus which ultimately played a role in saving one of the staple RE characters leon

RECodeVeronica, attacked Rockfort Island and unleashed the outbreak

RE4, similar to RE2 where he sent Ada Wong to retrieve the Las plagas

RE5, was the main villian of the game with wanting to unleash uroborus on the world.

And lets not forget the other stuff he had his hands in OUTSIDE the numbered entries such as been 1 of the main people responsible for the total Collapse of Umbrella.

The guy played a major role in all the numbered entries except for RE3, saying he was "not crucial to the game series" could not be further from the truth, and to say otherwise is a exaggeration is even further ridiculous.

Sorry TheDarkeningSea but I have to ask, what series have you been playing all this time?

If you want to pretend there can never be again, a solid Resident Evil game without Albert Wesker’s involvement, go ahead! But it isn’t so…

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I never said he wasn’t crucial. What I did say was that he wasn’t that crucial. There is difference there. And I have already explained what Albert Wesker means to the fandom. Here I go repeating myself: It must be said: Albert Wesker breathes life into the fandom. Whether it be impressing fan boys with his night-time coolness, or exciting fan girls with his dangerous sexuality. (The latter is not intentional, but turns out that way regardless.) He was not even the most developed character. But the idea of him as this distant villain lurking in the shadows of the protagonists excelled anything else. So with the exception of a few, the fans can never get enough of him, and he will be sorely missed.

I did read properly, and you're flat wrong. He is "That Crucial." If you're too blind to realize it, then you clearly have no idea what RE is truly about. Saying someone is "Not that Crucial," then saying "Oh, they're crucial, but not THAT crucial," is completely insane. Either he's crucial or he's not, and we would not have SINGLE Resident Evil game without him, let alone 6 games that he is directly involved in. At this point you are just trying to save yourself and reiterate your point to make me look stupid, just because I called you out on a statement that was rather foolish...And this isn't speaking as a Wesker fan. For me, he's a 5 out of 10 star character TOPS. I don't think very much of him as a character at all. But to deny how crucial he is to the series/story is completely illogical. You're right about the fandom, however, I'm not talking about the fandom at all...I haven't been...So please, explain in detail (Details that counteract points already made by me and @ToCool74 ) how Wesker is not "That Crucial."

Turo602

The King of Kings

What he means to the fandom has nothing to do with the role he played in the series which yes, was extremely crucial. He was the main villain for most of Resident Evil's life span and even set the series up for future storylines. No one is saying there can't be another solid game without him and if there was, that still doesn't lessen his impact and importance to the series.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
If you want to pretend there can never be again, a solid Resident Evil game without Albert Wesker’s involvement, go ahead! But it isn’t so…
...ToCool NEVER said that we can't have a game without Wesker. He was saying that he WAS a crucial character and that he had been directly involved in all of those aforementioned games...We can have games without Wesker. He SHOULD stay dead. However, we CANNOT overlook how Crucial he was to the series during his time as the MAIN villain. And, he remains crucial to the series since Jake has his fathers blood, which we now know, is a cure...

The Darkening Sea

What he means to the fandom has nothing to do with the role he played in the series which yes, was extremely crucial. He was the main villain for most of Resident Evil's life span and even set the series up for future storylines. No one is saying there can't be another solid game without him and if there was, that still doesn't lessen his impact and importance to the series.

Well, I guess the series is dead. Unless they make a series of prequels where Wesker can return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom