• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Ada Wong Theories *Possible Spoiler(s)*

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I wonder...You know, if Leon/Ada ever have a "moment" in the game, I'd quite enjoy her telling him her real name...However, Cpacom would have told us her realy identity from the beginning if they ever planned on changing her name from Ada..They wouldn't change the name of a main charcter several games after she made her debut...It would be too confusing...So, I really don't think they'll ever say her real name, as to avoid any confusion about her when people talk...Just how I look at it from a business stand point, not a story-critic stand point...
I don't mean the hints about the Leon/Ada thing because that's all they are. From the beginning maybe Capcom wanted to keep her identity a secret. What's hard about revealing her real name and some other facts later on? That's what good story telling is, and Ada always been surrounded in mystery. It wouldn't be nothing game or plot breaking. To me that seems like the practical thing to do because we never really knew her. Ada - Carla R-ada-mes seems too coincidental though we'll see.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't mean the hints about the Leon/Ada thing because that's all they are. From the beginning maybe Capcom wanted to keep her identity a secret. What's hard about revealing her real name and some other facts later on? That's what good story telling is, and Ada always been surrounded in mystery. It wouldn't be nothing game or plot breaking. To me that seems like the practical thing to do because we never really knew her. Ada - Carla R-ada-mes seems too coincidental though we'll see.
Like I said...I wasn't talking about it from a story standpoint...I was saying it would cause a bunch of confusion...For her to be known as Ada for YEARS and to up and change her name would just cause a bit of confusion...I mean...Story wise I think it should be done...But if they reveal her name, they should keep calling her Ada...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Like I said...I wasn't talking about it from a story standpoint...I was saying it would cause a bunch of confusion...For her to be known as Ada for YEARS and to up and change her name would just cause a bit of confusion...I mean...Story wise I think it should be done...But if they reveal her name, they should keep calling her Ada...
Maybe for the sake of it since that's what she's been known as. I'm still split between Ada being Carla or if she just a clone.

Levan

Polkka. lol
I'm pretty sure Ada being cloned is a very likely event. We all know Ada... I'm pretty sure she wouldn't go that far into releasing these viruses onto Chris' team, nor laugh at Jake Muller with her "controlled" tyrant team (... and why would she have powers to control or even at least team up with something like those?).

Considering Ada, she'd do things more inconspicuously rather than provoking Chris which would result into a larger problem on her account.

It's kind of odd that at the end of the captivate trailer, you get a different vibe of Carla (or Ada) when Chris was attempting to shoot her. It's like she was surprised, or rather unaware of Chris' intentions before Leon showed up to defend her. Carla was shown to be b*tchy (mind the language) in the past few scenes when she launched that virus ball onto Chris' team or captured Jake, but at that moment in the trailer she was a bit calm and innocent-looking, contradicting her actual attitude. I guess this may be a bit far-fetched, but I wouldn't say that this couldn't be true.

A theory from another thread here regarding Ada and Carla was actually pretty interesting and logical. Ada was cloned, and thus her clone was tasked to do these deeds in order to frame Ada and make Chris chase after Ada instead of the ones actually responsible. Leon then attempted to defend her because she may have, in some way, revealed this clone to Leon already (considering Ada trusts Leon and vice versa) and she has valuable information (as a witness) in order to track down the ones responsible. Thus the fight between Chris and Leon erupts.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I'm pretty sure Ada being cloned is a very likely event. We all know Ada... I'm pretty sure she wouldn't go that far into releasing these viruses onto Chris' team, nor laugh at Jake Muller with her "controlled" tyrant team (... and why would she have powers to control or even at least team up with something like those?).

Considering Ada, she'd do things more inconspicuously rather than provoking Chris which would result into a larger problem on her account.

It's kind of odd that at the end of the captivate trailer, you get a different vibe of Carla (or Ada) when Chris was attempting to shoot her. It's like she was surprised, or rather unaware of Chris' intentions before Leon showed up to defend her. Carla was shown to be b*tchy (mind the language) in the past few scenes when she launched that virus ball onto Chris' team or captured Jake, but at that moment in the trailer she was a bit calm and innocent-looking, contradicting her actual attitude. I guess this may be a bit far-fetched, but I wouldn't say that this couldn't be true.

A theory from another thread here regarding Ada and Carla was actually pretty interesting and logical. Ada was cloned, and thus her clone was tasked to do these deeds in order to frame Ada and make Chris chase after Ada instead of the ones actually responsible. Leon then attempted to defend her because she may have, in some way, revealed this clone to Leon already (considering Ada trusts Leon and vice versa) and she has valuable information (as a witness) in order to track down the ones responsible. Thus the fight between Chris and Leon erupts.
Everything you said I've theorized and agree with. Though Ada was always a b*tch in her own way. I wouldn't put it pass her if she did do that to Chris's squad. Only thing is that was extremely uncalled for and evil. Ada never came off to be that kind of way or a murderer. Maybe time changed her or that is indeed some evil experiment from the C virus.

lucifero

most probably Carla Radames will be what Krauser is like to Leon, and have a past with Ada, now she is in control of C-virus, she uses its ability to take on Ada's identity to screw her up (chrysalid transformation)

note that both Carla and Ada are listed as 2 different characters in the leaked char. list

also in Ada's report -re4, hints that Ada may have connections with the government. Giving Carla a reason to screw with her, since the president is about to reveal critical info on B.O.W.s:

''when i told him who i was he practically begged to be taken into custody'' - Ada talking about Luis Serra

zeroskaterz92

Ada - Carla R-ada-mes seems too coincidental though we'll see.
even if you split the name, still it doesn't make sense for her origin. i mean, she is chinese-american, i think. to have her actual name "Carla Radames" when she is clearly chinese just by looking at her face.

understand Ada Wong Epilogue in RE3 clearly:
"A woman looks at herself in the mirror. She used to be called Ada Wong... But this morning she will say good-bye to the name. "I'm not Ada Wong anymore..." She feels her ab and thinks, "This is Ada's scar, not mine." And as she says good-bye to Ada Wong, she can't stop her tears. However, there isn't much time left before her next mission..."

based on the epilogue itself, i'm believe Ada Wong is her real name (probably "Ada" was her middle name). we don't really know her first name = _____ "Ada" Wong.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
even if you split the name, still it doesn't make sense for her origin. i mean, she is chinese-american, i think. to have her actual name "Carla Radames" when she is clearly chinese just by looking at her face.

understand Ada Wong Epilogue in RE3 clearly:
"A woman looks at herself in the mirror. She used to be called Ada Wong... But this morning she will say good-bye to the name. "I'm not Ada Wong anymore..." She feels her ab and thinks, "This is Ada's scar, not mine." And as she says good-bye to Ada Wong, she can't stop her tears. However, there isn't much time left before her next mission..."

based on the epilogue itself, i'm believe Ada Wong is her real name (probably "Ada" was her middle name). we don't really know her first name = _____ "Ada" Wong.
See...I interpret it slightly different...She's saying goodbye to the character Ada Wong...The character she was playing while on this long mission...And she didn't want the scars of the character Ada, to be HER scars...Now, I don't thing Carla is Ada's real name...But I could swear I remember it stating in RE2 that Ada is an alias...Well, when you're in her line of work...You BECOME your alias...Hence the reason I kept using the word character above...However, even though she said goodbye to Ada Wong, when she see's Leon in RE4, that's the part of Ada she can't let go of..Just like Leon can't let go of her..

zeroskaterz92

Now, I don't thing Carla is Ada's real name...But I could swear I remember it stating in RE2 that Ada is an alias
for chinese people, they actually have weird "english" name and they actually can change it cuz no matter what they still have their origin chinese name.
example; maybe two years ago, it's "Ada". maybe five years later, it change to "Nicky". so from "Ada" Wong to "Nicky" Wong (sounds weird lol).
maybe "Carla Radames" is a code name but then again, code name shouldn't be that long. maybe "Carla Radames" is a clone or twins (reminds me of Dante -red- and Vergil -blue- in DMC).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
for chinese people, they actually have weird "english" name and they actually can change it cuz no matter what they still have their origin chinese name.
example; maybe two years ago, it's "Ada". maybe five years later, it change to "Nicky". so from "Ada" Wong to "Nicky" Wong (sounds weird lol).
maybe "Carla Radames" is a code name but then again, code name shouldn't be that long. maybe "Carla Radames" is a clone or twins (reminds me of Dante -red- and Vergil -blue- in DMC).
But she's a spy...You wouldn't have a spy keep the same last name when changing alias'...That defeats the purpose of being a spy...And since she's been known to be a double, even triple agent, then she obviously has several alias'...It make it hard to believe her REAL name is Ada Wong...

zeroskaterz92

But she's a spy...You wouldn't have a spy keep the same last name when changing alias'
no, what i stated early that's just an example.
notice how the characters only mention her as "Ada" instead of "Wong" or "Ada Wong" in the entire franchise (except for a few part in RE2)?
even for someone like Krauser that have no relative to her. i think it's a basic thing for someone to use the last name. but that's my opinion tho.
maybe "Ada" was an alias. but not "Ada Wong". you understand what i mean? heck, i don't even understand what i typed early. -..-

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
no, what i stated early that's just an example.
notice how the characters only mention her as "Ada" instead of "Wong" or "Ada Wong" in the entire franchise (except for a few part in RE2)?
even for someone like Krauser that have no relative to her. i think it's a basic thing for someone to use the last name. but that's my opinion tho.
maybe "Ada" was an alias. but not "Ada Wong". you understand what i mean? heck, i don't even understand what i typed early. -..-
Of course they only call her Ada...You only call those you respect by their last name...Well, Leon was very casual with Ada, hence the reason he only calls her that...Krauser calls her Ada because he works with her, and calling her just "Wong" would show some sort of animosity, which granted, he had, but he wouldn't let that compromise the mission, and Wesker was her boss...Plus...As a spy, she can't have her last name, even a fake one, known too much...I'm glad you can try to back up your arguments, but how often do you call people by their last name only....Even when being called Mr. Kennedy or Mr. Redfield in the games there is still that "Mr" in front of it...So surely if someone were to call Ada by her last name it wouldn't be just "Wong"...Besides, Ada kind of plays by her own rules, and think how few people ACTUALLY know her as Ada...Most people are either dead before they find out, or they are like Leon and she straight up tells them cause she trusts them or is using them in a way which will pretty much end in their death...I just don't understand why you say it's basic for them to use the last name, because that, in my experience, is very rare unless they are using it as a sign of respect...

zeroskaterz92

Of course they only call her Ada...You only call those you respect by their last name...Well, Leon was very casual with Ada, hence the reason he only calls her that...Krauser calls her Ada because he works with her, and calling her just "Wong" would show some sort of animosity, which granted, he had, but he wouldn't let that compromise the mission, and Wesker was her boss...Plus...As a spy, she can't have her last name, even a fake one, known too much...I'm glad you can try to back up your arguments, but how often do you call people by their last name only....Even when being called Mr. Kennedy or Mr. Redfield in the games there is still that "Mr" in front of it...So surely if someone were to call Ada by her last name it wouldn't be just "Wong"...Besides, Ada kind of plays by her own rules, and think how few people ACTUALLY know her as Ada...Most people are either dead before they find out, or they are like Leon and she straight up tells them cause she trusts them or is using them in a way which will pretty much end in their death...I just don't understand why you say it's basic for them to use the last name, because that, in my experience, is very rare unless they are using it as a sign of respect...
as i stated early, "Ada" isn't her first name. it's a middle name or an english name for someone like her, a chinese-american. so she don't have to reveal her last name/surname (Wong). even if she did reveal it, we still don't know her personal/first name. that just how the Asian name are.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
as i stated early, "Ada" isn't her first name. it's a middle name or an english name for someone like her, a chinese-american. so she don't have to reveal her last name/surname (Wong). even if she did reveal it, we still don't know her personal/first name. that just how the Asian name are.
But what I'm saying...Is that's not the case...For one, Ada IS an Asian name...Second...it's been stated that it is an alias, so I highly doubt it's her real name...Even a middle one...And when people have an alias, usually it's their last and first name...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
unfortunately, Ada isn't Asian name, it's a common use in the Europe however Wong is definitely a common surname for chinese throughout the whole world.
Well, Ada DOES follow the rules for most Asian languages...Even if not a common Asian name, it still is probably used...

zeroskaterz92

Well, Ada DOES follow the rules for most Asian languages...Even if not a common Asian name, it still is probably used...
as if anything happen whether she has a clone or not, Capcom shouldn't change her name or whatsoever, since the meaning of Ada Wong perfectly fit for her characteristic.

bobfreking

what about the theory that she's also Alex Wesker?
A.W. = Alex Wesker / Ada Wong? Nobody mentioned Alex was a male. Remember when Alex ran away from the Wesker Children Project? She could have found the secret to immortal life and hid from Umbrella and that mutagen combined with other future mutagens she had been collecting as a double agent could create the C-Virus, which we hypothesize as a life generating mutagen...

i'm still trying to grasp the clone idea, i hope Ada is not in the hands of the antagonists.

Top Bottom