• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 A Resident Evil 4 Remake?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Also just read a on review on US Gamer about the HD version. Writer complains about tank controls and compared it to Dead Space 2....

He's mainly criticizing the keyboard/mouse set-up in that paragraph, but when he starts bringing up Dead Space 2, a far more recent game: Yes, it is silly to compare a 10 year old game and the first third person shooter of its kind to DS2.
In fact, I would actually argue that RE4 uses its tank controls well. There are very little instances where the limited movement makes things far too challenging, unlike RE5, where the Majini were sprinting and you met far more instant death enemies but were still relegated to the tank controls. Even if RE4 were given an alternate control scheme with Revelations style controls, it would make most of the game too easy because the game was designed around tank controls.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
Yes. The controls are of course not perfect, but if the game is designed around them then there is no logical reason to want to change them.

I never felt like I died because the controls screwed me and if they were RE6 controls then it would probably be significantly easier to play, especially boss battles.

Top Bottom