• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 A Resident Evil 4 Remake?

DarkJackal

I think a RE4 remake might be too soon. RE4 still seems to be a good enough game to compare to plenty of games now days.

Tbh though, I want a RE4 reboot rather than a remake. redo RE storyline from 4. leaving out RE0 >.>. RE could continue the story from 1-3. I don't see the need to completely change the it to add new viruses and villains. RE4 should involve Claire and Leon after RE2.

Last edited:

TJay

Premium
I really don't think a RE4 remake is necessary. It still looks good, plays good & the HD versions are lovely.

I think only RE2/RE3 warrant remakes at this point. I like the idea of those being merged into one game (or at least a dual release). It would be nice if the continuity of those 2 games were tidied up a little too. I actually think it's a shame that there are so many spin-off titles from this time in the RE storyline, while RE2/RE3 remained largely untouched from their original incarnations.

The only other time I'd want a remake of any other RE game is if they were going to completely reboot the series & start from scratch. I don't see that happening any time soon with them remastering REmake & nor do I really want it to happen but I think that's the only justification for any remakes outside of the Raccoon City era.

T.A.L.O.S

Gym, Resident Evil, Sleep & Repeat
Resident evil 4 doesn't need to be tampered with, its a masterpiece itself and don't really see what improvements could be done anyhow. Resident evil 1 was also a masterpiece and was remade, yes, but the graphics were there to improve. Much like 2 & 3 could have a revamp like number 1 (Graphic enhancing & such) But 4 on the other hand was a whole new introduction to a resident evil era itself and practically did remodel the resident evil series... I think an HD update for number 4 is enough in my opinion. If Resident Evil 4 had the graphics, voice acting etc as 1,2 & 3 then maybe, because there is a little room for tweaking.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
Resident evil 4 doesn't need to be tampered with, its a masterpiece itself and don't really see what improvements could be done anyhow. Resident evil 1 was also a masterpiece and was remade, yes, but the graphics were there to improve. Much like 2 & 3 could have a revamp like number 1 (Graphic enhancing & such) But 4 on the other hand was a whole new introduction to a resident evil era itself and practically did remodel the resident evil series... I think an HD update for number 4 is enough in my opinion. If Resident Evil 4 had the graphics, voice acting etc as 1,2 & 3 then maybe, because there is a little room for tweaking.
yes you stole my opinion bro ^_^

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
Yeah I don't know what they could do to make it better apart from changing many things that would alter the game way too much and possibly ruin it. BUT, that's probably what everyone thought abut RE1 and yet the Remaster was amazing.

That being said, sound quality upgrade would be nice. Better graphics and textures would be welcome of course as well. I would really like to see something of an expansion or an addition to the story where we see what Louis is up to, whether we get to play him or just observe through some additional interactions. Much like the RE1 Remaster, they could mix up the order of areas and item placements a little to throw of the veteran players. Maybe even a new enemy type like the crimson heads in RE1. 60 frames per second, 4k support, many difficulty options like Dead Space, things like "Classic mode" where you can only use the classic RE weapons, different filters, etc etc. There are things to improve for sure, I'm just not sure if we would all agree on them.

Krusiv

You are crazy if you think we need another re-release of RE4 before we get something like RE2 or RE3 remade. Just play RE4 HD and be satisfied that one of your favorite games has gotten so much attention.

And this is coming from someone who enjoys RE4 as much as any other RE game. I just think that Capcom should spread the love around before revisiting 4.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I feel like remaking RE 4 right now would be like remaking the Lord of the Rings. Sure, it's starting to look a little dated, but it's still holding up incredibly well and it's been milked to death already. I'd prefer to see remakes of 2-Code Veronica.

Though I'd much rather see a remake of Dino Crisis. It's about time Regina and co. looses the dust-pans for hands thing.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I really don't get why everybody wants a remake. There have been multiple remasters. The voice acting is fine, same with the gameplay and graphics. You only make a remake if you think they're outdated/bad. A remake would be pointless.

AdaWait

Don't know why there is a rampant assumption that it should be the next remake. It's not "crazy" and quite frankly that's a stupid remark to make. It's not a perfect game by any means.

Yes I would like to see the earlier games (2, 3, veronica) "remastered" or "remade", or whatever you want to call it, first, but an RE4 remake some time in the future would be awesome, especially one of caliber like RE1. That being said, RE4 would be a different kind of remake because the quality difference is quite significant between the older games and 4, as some of you have mentioned, it holds up pretty well today and many aspects were well done without need of improvement.

I also don't understand the comments about not understanding why people want a remake. Really? Is that such an abstract concept? So RE is perfect and completely not dated in any way, shape, or form? Really...?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Don't know why there is a rampant assumption that it should be the next remake. It's not "crazy" and quite frankly that's a stupid remark to make. It's not a perfect game by any means.

Yes I would like to see the earlier games (2, 3, veronica) "remastered" or "remade", or whatever you want to call it, first, but an RE4 remake some time in the future would be awesome, especially one of caliber like RE1. That being said, RE4 would be a different kind of remake because the quality difference is quite significant between the older games and 4, as some of you have mentioned, it holds up pretty well today and many aspects were well done without need of improvement.

I also don't understand the comments about not understanding why people want a remake. Really? Is that such an abstract concept? So RE is perfect and completely not dated in any way, shape, or form? Really...?

RE 4 isn't outdated, especially since there are a bunch of remasters that have improved the graphics and controls.

Turo602

The King of Kings
RE 4 isn't outdated, especially since there are a bunch of remasters that have improved the graphics and controls.

To say a game shouldn't get a remake because it holds up today is a very poor argument, especially when passing off lame remasters as legit graphic upgrades. Like I have mentioned many times before, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker was a game much like RE4 in that it holds up perfectly fine today, yet it received a remake that proved that the game could have still been tweaked and look so much better. The purpose of a remake would be to stop the constant porting and actually give people a reason to purchase it again. RE4 is a very popular and iconic game so it's not really a crazy idea. People replay the hell out of it anyhow, why not the next time be with redone visuals, sleeker animations, tweaked mechanics, remixed enemy patterns, new scares, and new puzzles to keep the experience fresh? It's not that big of a project for Capcom honestly. Most of the work is already done. There's no need to rebuild the game from the ground up like they did with most of REmake. The story doesn't need any new details, but the gameplay and atmosphere could really benefit from some tweaking and reworking.

Resident Evil 2 or any other game in the series is irrelevant. I don't get why some people here are so closed-minded to even entertain the idea and possibility for a remake of this game. I get that we all want a remake of the older games, but there's already plenty of threads to discuss that.

AdaWait

B.S.

They're all the same game. There are barely any differences in those versions. If Shinji Mikami calls it a remaster I'm going to slap that idiot.

Original release on GC, then ported to PS2 with the biggest addition being Separate Ways, which in a way was a DLC. Then ported to PC.

Then ported to Wii, with nothing new except the aiming.

Then finally ported to 360, which was based on the PS2 version if you really follow the roots. Though the GC version had better performance and the outfits were in the actual cut scenes. Also, quicktime events didn't jump cut cut scenes, which I imagine is a PS2 hardware issue or someone done ****ed up some coding.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
The PS3 version is the XBOX 360 version with the PS3 buttons coded into it. A real PS3 version would probably have a similar control scheme to the PS2 RE4.

AdaWait

I switched it on 360 to the classic PS2 layout, but actually now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't have said that there is no such thing as the PS3 port because I think they both came out at the same time, which would make it just an HD port both on PS3 and 360.

Also just read a on review on US Gamer about the HD version. Writer complains about tank controls and compared it to Dead Space 2....

Seriously? Who let that dumbass write anything, anywhere, ever. This is an HD upgrade, not a remake. They included alternate control schemes, but the design of the game was specific to stationary target practice, not run and gun. The REmaster on XBONE and PS4 proves that modern controls are weird as **** in these games.

Also, Dead Space 2? Really? REALLY?! Even Dead Space 1 was quite a few years after RE4, why on earth would you even bring up Dead Space 2?

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
If anything, the controls for RE4 felt the most weird to me after RE5. Mainly due to the double stick layout of most modern games. I got used to controlling Leon with one stick rather quickly on an Xbox controller though, but still, it'd be nice update.

Top Bottom