• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 A closer look...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
@013, I just want it to be like it should be...kind of wierd that I have to ask for it to be like it should, when Capcom is changing it...

I wouldn't like the change regardless, but it is even worse knowing that alot of those changes are simply because of laziness.

Finally, someone who agrees about Leon looking different in Degeneration.:) I kept telling this one guy and he kept saying he didn't look differnet, I am not even sure what it was speficially that made Leon look so different.:( And they had better get rid of that damn knife holster too.:verymad:

Ada, well I think the civillian look was and is a main part of the plot with her character, & changing it like that messes with continuity. As for the hair, they could just easily change the hue a bit, let us hope that Capcom wises up in the next few months prior to DC release.:)

In addition to them needing to make William right this time around, they need to make sure the dialogue between characters is right as well, as in UC Wesker was acting like an asshole to Birkin, and Birkin was just whiny and childish. Although I did like how he threw the papers off the counter.:)

Annette's original voice actress was pretty great, she sounded desperate and senile, hope it is her again, although I won't hold my breath...

Well I would have liked for it all to be non-rail shooters, but since it is a part of the Chronicle Series it should stick with the Rail-Shooter format, hopefully it is better than UC though, in terms of gameplay, extras, music, voice actors, etc...

One thing that bugged me about UC was that the way it was on a rail you didn't really get any time to enjoy the environments, but it simultaneously moved way too slow so that it was annoying and difficult to play through mutliple times, definately affected the replayability.

I can't agree more with Birkin's role in UC. In RE0 it implied that they were friends. Wesker pretty much treated him as his equal. That's why I say in UC they made him look like more of an ass then he really was soppose to be. He spoke very highly of Birkin on numerous occasions. And in UC he treated Will like dirt.

They were a team...They were pahtnahs. But noooooo couldn't enjoy that for long either. >_> Cuz almost everything prior to RE5 was just tossed out the window.

Levan

Polkka. lol
Valentine;41767 said:
What is that wesker's fireing... Are Uroboros in those missiles or why does he fires them?

Look at 3:21 to 3:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNs0pF5iCVo&feature=related

The aircraft is firing some kind of warhead! I've never noticed this before, could it be Uroboros inside?.

Yes, Uroboros was inside. You could see it in the ending...

where Wesker punches it and the Uroboros affected him

I believe that his plan is that he'll have the plane to get shot down, and because it's carrying the Uroboros it would cause a massive outbreak and affect everyone, but I'm not entirely sure since I never got to the part when he said his plan.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Actually I just played through RE5 again.:) And I remember what it said now, it mentioned about Wesker getting shot down in the jet, and they said he wouldn't, because it was cause a biohazard, so he would be able to fly around and release it into the atmosphere.:)

His plans still seemed flawed anyway.:)

Levan

Polkka. lol
Sorry kind of edited my post, but I did mean to say that as well. I've read your discussion with NiteKrawler and I kind of lol'ed about all his flaws with his plans. xD

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Levan;41836 said:
Sorry kind of edited my post, but I did mean to say that as well. I've read your discussion with NiteKrawler and I kind of lol'ed about all his flaws with his plans. xD

Yeah me too.:) Wesker isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, or drawer or whatever.:)

^He was, untill part 5 and UC came along. But I guess Capcom is just trying to follow the tradition on RE characters suffering from mental retardation. I mean if normal people like us can figure this out, then a mad scientist master mind like him should have been able to. When it comes down to it, it was bad story making.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
013;41848 said:
^He was, untill part 5 and UC came along. But I guess Capcom is just trying to follow the tradition on RE characters suffering from mental retardation. I mean if normal people like us can figure this out, then a mad scientist master mind like him should have been able to. When it comes down to it, it was bad story making.

Agreed, and although I don't want to put all of the blame on Sheva, I do think that the racist claims and throwing in this character and giving her such an expanded role really did play a part in this...

True, before the racist claims Chris was ALWAYS by himself. I don't mind Sheva, but I think she's most of the reason the game changed and took longer to come out. The game would have been much different and better without this whole co-op stuff.

Gee, I wonder what happen to all THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_8fqUU-fkw

Because those scenes NEVER happend. Except for that one where they're infecting that guy...oh yeah, but guess what, SHEVA AIN'T THERE! I like Sheva in all, but...At the same time, I wish to see what RE5 would be like had they not given into racist claims. (Which was actually just like one person whining and the rumour spread.) Also notice after that, they pushed the date from early 2008 to 2009, hmmm wonder why.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
@013, yeah you also may have noticed that the scene where the blonde lady in the red dress is grabbed by a majini, it just happens to be a light skinned majini, definately not done on purpose...

I think the co-op is cool & all, and it is something that I had wanted since a long time ago, but we never really got it, and now that we do I think they really overdid it, having to rely on your partner that much.

Possibly the most annoying thing is when your health gets taken so low, you then become useless as you wait for you partner to come and regenerate you...that has been the cause of many of my deaths, & it is terrible if you and your partner are split up...then you are screwed.:(

I feel that we could have had a really cool fight with Wesker, just using Chris & doing it would have been great, we could use the dodge buttons just like when fighint Krauser, or any boss really, and it would have been great...

^AI Sheva was actually good at rescuing me....It was me that always ending up failing to save her when she decided to have a mind of her own and run off. >< I really did try though.

I was actually hoping she missed the plane. Not because I don't like her, but I feel that the final battle shoud have rightfully belonged to Chris and Chris alone...or possibly Jill by his side so the co-op partner won't be left out of the game.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah that could have been the perfect oppurtunity to split them up long enough for a cool one-on-one.:) I didn't expect Chris & Sheva to pull a Buzz & Woody, but I guess Capcom had to make sure she got onto the plane otherwise there might have been some complaints...

^Lol, I never thought about that! It's been so long since i've seen Toy Story. Lol it did resemble that scene.

Although, I think there were more complaints, that Sheva fired the RL instead of Jill. I think there would have been less complaints if she missed the plane.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
To be honest, when Sheva and Chris were climing that rope ladder, when Sheva got up to the chopper, when her and Jill lock eyes for that second, I was so annoyed with Sheva that I wanted Jill to push her in.:)

Zombie Enclave

Lulz. Btw it is confirmed Chris doesn't love Jill, because in the viral campaign thingy Sheva and Chris date.

So much for the clues.

Okay but anyway, Wesker might not die, which makes me want to kill him so he can die FOREVER ALREADY. I ****ing hate him now since he always lives.

Top Bottom