• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Zombies~ My view on them

Professor X

But do they still bring harm to innocent people...are they still a weapon...yes...and by the way they were created, by a man engenired virus that affects organic tissue...they are by deffiniton BOWs, wheather you admit it or not...
Nobody had work plans to create the Brain Sucker or the Giant Flea.

Professor X

Well, at the end of the day...BOW or not...i wouldnt wanna face off against em...i'm sure we are all in agreement on that...

I looked up the definition for "Bio Organic" and it would seem you're correct, but they are also accidents at the same time because these monsters (Lickers, Brain Suckers, Gravedigger, ect) were never intended to be created.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
When it comes to a man made virus, like the T-Virus, there is no such thing as natural...the T-Virus itself is a weapon in a way, and if you captured zombies and set them loose in an Al Queda base for example, they'd be a damn good weapon...Zombies are not natural, as nature CANNOT produce zombies...also, the brain is the greatest and oldest weapon, and zombies have a brain...though barley functioning...i'm sure if i were a lawyer i would win this one on technicality at the least...sorry guys, but i win...

Well the T-Virus is based on the Progenitor Virus which is natural. So while I agree that the T-Virus is a B.O.W. I don't agree that all zombies are B.O.W.s. What I mean when I say Lickers are naturally, I mean they naturally occur when a human is infected by the T-Virus.

In your scenario of unleashing zombies on Al Queda the initial zombies would be B.O.W.s. But then you'd have a problm with the Al Queda members that became zombies. They wouldn't be weapons they would be a problem. B.O.W.s need a target. Without a target they are simply deadly creatures, chemicals, and pathogens. Now, all Hunters would be B.O.W.s because each one has to be created, all with the purpose of being used as weapons. But if you hypothetically had a pet Hunter, it wouldn't be a B.O.W. it would be a pet. Said Hunter would of course have to be genetically altered to not be aggressive and it would of course not be a designated weapon.

Edit:
I guess it doesn't really matter which RE creatures get the title of B.O.W. but I still think there should be a distinction between created creatures like Tyrants and Hunters, and accidental creatures like Lickers and the Reapers in RE5. The accidental creatures happen simply by infection and are therefore more natural. But the creatures created specifically as B.O.W.s need other work done on them like gene manipulation and surgery.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Back to the CH/Licker discussion:
There's nothing which states that the Lickers are a product of the V-ACT. Since there's nothing pointing to that conclusion, why did you think it's that way?
If Lickers are a later stage than CH's, why in RE1 we see lots of CH's, but no lickers (those zombies were there fgor a long time)? And in Raccoon city, which was infected much more recently, we see lots of Lickers but no CH's?
You never see CH's being related to Lickers in the whole series.
I think the V-ACT strain was created from the first CH, which was after Birkin left the Arcklay lab. It's cleas that different versions of the virus were used in the different outbreaks, this is clear by the means of transmission ans infection, the BOWs produces, the files, etc.
Biologically, it would be really improbable that the t-virus could put you through all that, it's better that each version has specific efects.
I really don't feel like disserting about this subject, Capcom doesn't take a clear position in this, so it's all open to what you think suits the facts better...

Are the Reapers accidental? I thought they were engineered, gotta take a look at that. The Lickers in RE5 are also engineered.

Professor X

There's nothing which states that the Lickers are a product of the V-ACT. Since there's nothing pointing to that conclusion, why did you think it's that way?
If Lickers are a later stage than CH's, why in RE1 we see lots of CH's, but no lickers (those zombies were there fgor a long time)? And in Raccoon city, which was infected much more recently, we see lots of Lickers but no CH's?
I think the V-ACT strain was created from the first CH, which was after Birkin left the Arcklay lab. It's cleas that different versions of the virus were used in the different outbreaks, this is clear by the means of transmission ans infection, the BOWs produces, the files, etc.
Biologically, it would be really improbable that the t-virus could put you through all that, it's better that each version has specific efects.
I really don't feel like disserting about this subject, Capcom doesn't take a clear position in this, so it's all open to what you think suits the facts better...

Are the Reapers accidental? I thought they were engineered, gotta take a look at that. The Lickers in RE5 are also engineered.

You see no Crimson Head's in RE 2 because they were not invented by the Developers at that point. And I think the reason Lickers were never added to REmake was because RE 2 marked their official introduction in the serie's - The first time anybody had ever seen one. So Capcom didn't want to lessen the quality of the Lickers introduction in RE 2 by placing it in REmake.

They already lessened the quality of the Hunter's introduction in RE/REmake by placing Hunters in Zero. To the player, placing Hunters in Zero just takes away that "oompf!" from the original introduction in RE/REmake.

Dear God, I hope that made sense. lol

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist

Well both Crimson Heads and Lickers come about by mutating from zombies. Like I keep saying, the most recent documents about Crimson Heads and Lickers refer to the former as mutated and the latter as evolved. When you look at the changes from a zombie to a Crimson Head (claws, speed, reddened skin) its obvious that these same changes occur in Lickers but they are more developed.

I do think its possible that the original V-ACT strain created Crimson Heads but not Lickers, then a mutation in the strain caused the mutations to go even further. I guess this would play into your theory. Maybe theres the balance between our theories. Maybe Crimson Heads don't continue to mutate into Lickers. Maybe they go through a sort of Crimson Head stage during mutation. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Hahaha.

Well when you think about it theres absolutely no reason for Capcom to have added the Crimson Heads in REmake unless they were trying to explain where Lickers came from. Absolutely no reason at all. Crimson Heads weren't much of a challenge because they took less damage than the original zombies. I guess they were scary though. Still I think they were just added to show an intermediate form between zombies and Lickers. Its just like Lisa Trevor's addition to show where the G-Virus came from.

Yeah, a file in RE5 says they were discovered after an Uroboros leak.

Top Bottom