• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Top 10 Resident Evil Characters

D

Deleted member 21244

I see the argument people are making here, but I think you are arguing different points than me. I do not mind that the Steve Lizard remembers who he was because we have seen that happen with multiple enemies in the series (Lisa, Alexia, Simmons, etc.) - The fact that he turns back in to a human after the transformation is the part that doesn't make sense. It's just not good writing. It is cheesy and cliche.
I rewatched the cutscene and both in code veronica and darkside chronicles he returned back to normale after beign hit by alexia, so probably he also did get weak after the attack and the transformation ceased.... I don't personally think its bad writing, I think it make sense... Really never had a problem whit this cutscene or whit Steve transformation...

Obviusly everyone had its opinion

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think Steve is a great character. His look, voice, and personality always reminded me of Terminator 2’s John Connor.
Holy ****, now I can't unsee/hear it. I already liked Steve unlike most, but now this makes him even better.

9. Forest Speyer (The games don't give him much character, but the books do in flashbacks, and he's like Chris, if Chris was class clown. I liked that)
8. Carlos Oliveira
7. Zoe Baker
6. Wesker
5. Bruce McGivern
4. Ingrid Hunnigan
3. Luis Sera
2. The Merchant
1. Leon S. Kennedy & Jill Valentine (I truly don't know who I love more)

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Holy ****, now I can't unsee/hear it. I already liked Steve unlike most, but now this makes him even better.

9. Forest Speyer (The games don't give him much character, but the books do in a flashbacks, and he's like Chris, if Chris was class clown. I liked that)
8. Carlos Oliveira
7. Zoe Baker
6. Wesker
5. Bruce McGivern
4. Ingrid Hunnigan
3. Luis Sera
2. The Merchant
1. Leon S. Kennedy & Jill Valentine (I truly don't know who I love more)

Yeah, all this Steve talk makes me even more disappointed that they never followed up with his character... I guess he was pretty dead but Wesker’s comment left that sliver of possibilities.

Also, Forest is one character I wish they would have featured in a prequel game! Out of all the Bravo members, he always stood out to me the most. His look alone had a lot of personality. Finding his body always was a bit tragic (not to mention the original music, when you start to enter the balcony, instills horror).
I think RE0 could have really benefited from featuring his side of the story.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, all this Steve talk makes me even more disappointed that they never followed up with his character... I guess he was pretty dead but Wesker’s comment left that sliver of possibilities.

Also, Forest is one character I wish they would have featured in a prequel game! Out of all the Bravo members, he always stood out to me the most as just his look alone hell’s a lot of personality. Finding his body always was a bit tragic (not to mention the original music, when you start to enter the balcony, instills horror).
I think RE0 could have really benefited from featuring his story.
I actually read the Umbrella Conspiracy book before I ever played 0, and that was legit something I was hoping for...And, (Unless I'm remembering incorrectly) literally the only Bravo member we got more on besides Rebecca was Enrico. And we REALLY didn't even get more on him aside from Screen time XD.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
The fact that he turns back in to a human after the transformation is the part that doesn't make sense. It's just not good writing. It is cheesy and cliche.

Did you catch my post by chance?

The main point being that different virus=different mutation, Just because A. (Nemsis and Lisa) where not able to return to being human does not equate to B. (Steve) being able to since he was and I repeat infected with completely different virus and mutation and thus the same rules that applied to Lisa and Nemesis does not apply to him.

If you think its bad writing than that is your prerogative but I just find the basis of it "off" if your equating the effects how a different virus affected Lisa and Nemesis in relation to what happened to Steve's mutation with him becoming human after being mortally wounded and this being your reason why its "bad writing".

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
How about Birkin? As soon as he started his first transformation, he couldn't care less about attacking his own wife and daughter. Granted, he was not in complete control of his own body, but still. Maybe that says more about him - he cared more about his work than his own family, as evidenced by the game.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Birkin really only had control over himself in the early stages of his transformation... which goes along with what I initially said, about how long the individual is infected, being part of the how much they can control it. The later stages don’t allow for this with Birkin or any other tyrant that we have seen.

Lisa Trevor, on the other hand, is a different case all together. She is not like any of the other monsters/tyrants. What I always found tragic about Lisa’s infection was how it seemed her mind became stuck on her final thoughts before completely transforming. She sounds like she is crying as she roams around and occasionally moans “mother”.

Unlike the other virus strands, her infection gives her some form of memory to the point where you sort of wonder if Jill or Chris could have reasoned with her to some extent. When we first see her in the cabin, she strangely only knocks out Chris/ Jill and even moves them closer to the fire before they come to. I realize that reasoning with her might be a stretch but she also didn’t seem like a full blown monster ready to eat and rip apart everyone either.

The final fight, in the catacomb, is where we see Lisa finally getting what she always wanted. Her mom. She is completely distracted by the remains of her mom and loses interest in Chris and Wesker.

Going back to Steve. I guess I can see how someone might see it as a cheesy love moment when he transforms back into a more human form. But I personally never had an issue with it as he still appears somewhat infected (in the Wii-make), it is a different type of virus, and it’s truly a nice way to allow Claire and Steve to say goodbye. His body is in limbo as he is dying and both the virus and Steve are weak from the fatal wounds.

I really wish they would remake CVX. In part to make the story of CVX more fun to play through (it is such a long game with a lot of back and forth running around) and to also modernize the story a bit more and make it more dark, like the other remakes, with some good graphics.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

How about Birkin? As soon as he started his first transformation, he couldn't care less about attacking his own wife and daughter. Granted, he was not in complete control of his own body, but still. Maybe that says more about him - he cared more about his work than his own family, as evidenced by the game.
Angela s brother in resident evil degeneration was also infected whit the G virus and he tried until the last transformation to no hurt her sister, however he was not able to resist for long and was almost going to kill her sister, fortunately leon was there to save Angela...

I think birkin did care about her wife and child, but in the end he was no longer birkin since the transformation take control of his body, Infact in the third transformation birkin was only a little head while the body had completely created a new being who had almost nothing to do whit birkin

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
ToCool - I did see your post and tried to address everyone as I made general posts. I do concede that this is the potential effect of the T-Veronica virus, but I still think Steve transforming back in to regular Steve just doesn't make sense with the evidence we have from the other viruses.

A lot of good cases have been made about individuals transforming and retaining their memories which I think is a good use of the character. However, I do not think there is any evidence that Steve SHOULD'VE turned back in to his human form. If Monster Steve were to say farewell to Claire in a moment of clarity as he died, that would be one thing - but I just don't like how it is done.

But then again --- RECV has a lot of the worst cut scenes in series. The Wesker/Chris fight at the end is a great idea that is a boring early 2000 cliche where Wesker becomes Neo from the Matrix in order to fight. This game NEEDS a remake more than any other to give us the modern look with one of the best locations and stories in RE history.

D

Deleted member 21244

I was replying revelations 2 and I just realize that there is a Steve Ester egg, in the first chapter when claire first take the handgun, Moira say: are you going to use it?
And claire reply whit: it's more reliable than any person... This claire phrase is the same that Steve say in code veronica when talking about the new found uzi matching gun

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I was replying revelations 2 and I just realize that there is a Steve Ester egg, in the first chapter when claire first take the handgun, Moira say: are you going to use it?
And claire reply whit: it's more reliable than any person... This claire phrase is the same that Steve say in code veronica when talking about the new found uzi matching gun

Nice find, I never caught it.

D

Deleted member 21244

Nice find, I never caught it.
I never caught it either the first time, also I just realize that revelation 2 had many code veronica Ester egg, it almost look like a story "remake" in a sense

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Nice TakeThisKeyCard - That may be the first Luis on a Top 10 list. I love Luis and his bizarre attempts to make everything sexy. haha

1995umk3

11th one has to be Jill Valentine from the movie resident evil retribution, she had longer hair.. changes is great once in a while. The 1st Jill Valentine I chose was from Resident Evil 3, thats how I got into the series to be honest lol and the music from the first 1996 RE with the original score.

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
1. Leon S. Kennedy
2. Ada Wong
3. Jake Muller and Sherry Birkin
4. Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield
5. Chris Redfield

For villains;

1. Albert Wesker
2. Alexia Ashford
3. Carla Radames

mert20004

Chris, claire, sherry, leon, ada, jake, piers, barry, moira and jill.

Honorable mention: Helena

Last edited:

mert20004

Villain version

Alexia, alfred, wesker, carla, simmons, alex, william, annette, hunk and krauser.

Honorable mention: Nicholai

Top Bottom