• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Top 10 Resident Evil Characters

Rain611

You can't kill me.
In no particular order:

Alexia Ashford
Albert Wesker
HUNK
Piers Nivens
Lucas Baker
William Birkin
Claire Redfield
Steve Burnside

And because I really don't like any other characters:

Lickers
Tyrants

D

Deleted member 21244

959 - you may be the first person to have Steve on their Top 10. Bravo!
I don't know why everyone hate him but I like Steve, I like his relationship whit claire, also I think That Steve death cutscene is one of the most emotional scene in the resident evil series

D

Deleted member 21244

I agree 100%. And he's a memorable character as well.
I m disappointed that Claire never mentioned him again or that wesker saying: maybe he will come back alive just as I do, had no repercussions on future game

But I'm glade that we see him again in darkside chronicles, his boss battle is even more epic and emotional in this one

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I m disappointed that Claire never mentioned him again or that wesker saying: maybe he will come back alive just as I do, had no repercussions on future game

I agree with this as well. For a long time after playing I held out hope that maybe one day they would bring Steve back and it never happened :(. And good point with Claire, it never even occurred to me that she never mentions him again.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I don't want to make this all about how Steve is the worse character is the RE series - but he is.

For these reasons:

1 - His showboat attitude is too silly for the RE series. The leaps through windows and steals from Claire because he thinks it looks cool. He is literally the child she is babysitting.

2 - His voice actor is a CHALLENGE to listen to. The voice fits the character to a degree, but he is over the top complainy and whiney.

3 - His transformation is the least effective and frankly the ugliest in the series. He turns in to Killer Croc with hair. Disgusting. Compare that to the other designs in the game: The Tyrant, Nosferatu, Bandersnatches, Alexia - he looks like a ten year old designed him. And then he inexplicably transforms back in to normal Steve to say good bye.

4 - His death is shoehorned and meaningless. There is weight to the sequence, but his character isn't good enough to be granted a more meaningful death. Piers' death was a memorable death in RE6. But Steve. Not so much. The writing is cliche and if he started as a better character, maybe it would add weight.

Anyone can feel free to have their opinion - but rethink Steve. For the sake of the series!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I don't want to make this all about how Steve is the worse character is the RE series - but he is.

For these reasons:

1 - His showboat attitude is too silly for the RE series. The leaps through windows and steals from Claire because he thinks it looks cool. He is literally the child she is babysitting.

2 - His voice actor is a CHALLENGE to listen to. The voice fits the character to a degree, but he is over the top complainy and whiney.

3 - His transformation is the least effective and frankly the ugliest in the series. He turns in to Killer Croc with hair. Disgusting. Compare that to the other designs in the game: The Tyrant, Nosferatu, Bandersnatches, Alexia - he looks like a ten year old designed him. And then he inexplicably transforms back in to normal Steve to say good bye.

4 - His death is shoehorned and meaningless. There is weight to the sequence, but his character isn't good enough to be granted a more meaningful death. Piers' death was a memorable death in RE6. But Steve. Not so much. The writing is cliche and if he started as a better character, maybe it would add weight.

Anyone can feel free to have their opinion - but rethink Steve. For the sake of the series!

1) He was young trying to impress a girl. Most guys are awkward like this when pursuing a pretty girl at some point or another.

2) I can't really argue this lol

3) Well I liked the design. And one of the most effective things about his infection was that he cared enough for Claire to fight the infection. It's heart breaking in the best of ways.

4) What's that you said about opinions? I was very sad when Steve died. Sorry. Lol

I know people love to hate Steve but at the end of the day we all know who he is because for whatever meaning, he is memorable. And that's my opinion.

D

Deleted member 21244

For these reasons:

1: maybe you forget that Steve is 17, and that he is a simple kid, he act like that because in reality he is still young boy, I don't see any problem whit that, and he try to impress claire

2: yeah his voice actor could have been better, at least he had good voice in darkside chronicles

3: I like his design I don't see any problem whit it, also you are missing the meaning of him returning back to normal, Steve loves for claire manage to beat the t veronica virus itself and he returned back to normal, this is a powerful scene, also if you are searching for a "scientific" explanation, wesker say that emotion can affect viruses transformation

4: his death it's emotional and devastating for claire character, not all people in life die whit a meaning or as a hero, unfortunately Steve die whitout managing to kept his promise to claire, also this kind of death let you understand how Mercilessly alexia was and how real life can turn out... Steve was just 17 years old but his life was destroyed whitout a meaning because of evil people like Alfred and alexia, and his body will continue to be profaned by wesker... Probably you never saw horror movie, but many times people die whitout a meaning because evil win, like in real life, assassin kill people whitout meaning because they are evil and maniacs
The evil alexia did the same to Steve and Steve didn't manage to do anything, but at least he manage to protect claire and confess his love to her in the end...

I like him as a character there are worse character in resident evil series I'm my opinion like the flat and useless Helena harper and Sheva Alomar and many other , just different opinion... There is now way I'll change my mind about Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Alexia Ashford
Albert Wesker
HUNK
Piers Nivens
Lucas Baker
William Birkin
Claire Redfield
Steve Burnside

And because I really don't like any other characters:

Lickers
Tyrants
You definitely have a unique taste. I think you're the first one to not have Chris, Jill or Leon on their list.

I also think Steve is a great character, although he didn't make my top 10. I really hope a Code Veronica remake gets made sometime in the near future, since that would be a chance to upgrade the cheesy dialogue to fit modern standards, while you can still keep the emotional story and character arcs.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
You definitely have a unique taste. I think you're the first one to not have Chris, Jill or Leon on their list.

I was waiting to see who would mention this first lol. My husband pointed out maybe a year ago how I never seem to like main characters and only every like one shot side characters. I tried to argue his point but I couldn't so here we are lol.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I think Steve is a great character. His look, voice, and personality always reminded me of Terminator 2’s John Connor.
It’s funny when Chris finds Claire and the door is locked so he can’t go inside and then he asks “hey is Steve with you!”
Steve was about to catch those hands from big brother. :lol:

1. Chris
2. Claire
3. Barry
4. Jill
5. Leon
6. Ada
7. Alex Wesker
8. Wesker
9. Sherry
10. Rebecca

10th place is a bit of a toss up though as I really do like Steve, Moira, Jake, Sheva, and Josh. Really just depends on when you ask me.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
3: I like his design I don't see any problem whit it, also you are missing the meaning of him returning back to normal, Steve loves for claire manage to beat the t veronica virus itself and he returned back to normal, this is a powerful scene, also if you are searching for a "scientific" explanation, wesker say that emotion can affect viruses transformation

I see that is what they wanted to attempt to do.

But at the same time - it makes all other characters look weak. Why didn't Nemesis just turn back in to a human? Or Lisa Trevor? Did they not have love in their hearts too? I mean, the T-Veronica virus is a different thing. But it is bad story writing either way. If he was still in his monster form and tried to reach out to Claire, that would be one thing - but to have him transform back fights the basis of the virus theories they had been creating from the first one.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Maybe it has more to do with how long they were infected?
I’d imagine it gets to a point where there is no turning back after longer periods of time of the body’s infection. I honestly can’t remember the details but the Veronica virus is different from the T-virus

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

But at the same time - it makes all other characters look weak. Why didn't Nemesis just turn back in to a human? Or Lisa Trevor? Did they not have love in their hearts too? I mean, the T-Veronica virus is a different thing. But it is bad story writing either way. If he was still in his monster form and tried to reach out to Claire, that would be one thing - but to have him transform back fights the basis of the virus theories they had been creating from the first one.
Steve was almost going to kill claire but his love fight the virus itself, also the t veronica virus is a completely different virus, it didn't completely turn you into a brainless monster but your brain is completely ineffected....
We also have Manuela who never transform...
Nemesis and Lisa Trevor are completely different things, every re enemies is different... Why didn't Lisa Trevor act like a tyrant or didn't die after all that virus injection, why did she still manage to understand things? This mean that all other enemy are weak? Why Sergei Vladimir can talk after transforming into a tyrant whit the t virus? Why can Manuel control the t veronica virus better than alexia? This is unknown But wesker theorized That emotion can effect the virus transformation,

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Nemesis wasn't originally a real person though. He was a clone from the very start.

Lisa Trevor on the other hand (who was a real person) still possesses some sort of human feelings like love, as evidenced by her suicide when she realizes that her mother is truly dead. So I think its quite similar to Steve in that regard.

ToCool74

Veteran Member

But at the same time - it makes all other characters look weak. Why didn't Nemesis just turn back in to a human? Or Lisa Trevor? Did they not have love in their hearts too? I mean, the T-Veronica virus is a different thing. .

Well you answered your own question here, the T-Veronica virus IS a different thing and thus it affects those with a different kind of mutation other than the NE-a parasite and T Virus that infected Nemesis and Lisa, how a VERY different virus affected a different person entirely should have no bearing on what Steve was capable of doing in his situation due to reasons listed already above about him being infected very differently with a different type of Virus that has different effects on him and even then as pointed out by jonipoon Lisa did have some form of humanity and memory of her human self but since she was infected with a different virus in a different way than there was no way of going back to a "human".

The T Veronica virus is variation of the Progenitor virus created by Alexia separately from what would also be created by James Marcus called the T Virus, they are both birthed from the Progenitor virus but where made in completely different ways with completely different goals in mind.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I see the argument people are making here, but I think you are arguing different points than me. I do not mind that the Steve Lizard remembers who he was because we have seen that happen with multiple enemies in the series (Lisa, Alexia, Simmons, etc.) - The fact that he turns back in to a human after the transformation is the part that doesn't make sense. It's just not good writing. It is cheesy and cliche.

Top Bottom