• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Heroes

JMG29

To Let The World Be
2. Ayn Rand- For being a genius writer and brilliant philosopher.
I didn't like her because I felt she took the whole "selfishness is awesome!" thing too far.

Though in retrospect, after reading "Anthem" (it's a great, short, very personal book), I think it was mostly because she spent her childhood under the tyranny of the Soviet Union, and got first-hand experience to the philosophy the "looters" and "parasites" she despised was trying to put in practice...

When she explains her views in a detailed, non-fiction style, it's quite an eye-opener (in a good way. :D )
This one idiot in the comments section is trying to convince people that Rand is a Nazi sympathizer. wat

Reactions: svp

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Kylie Minogue

Not because I like her music... I do and always have, but she transcended into a special position for me when she was battling breast cancer and never stopped smiling. She's a strong woman, and I will always admire her for that.

Other women I admire...

Joan Crawford (my inner Bitch)
Bette Davis
Marilyn Monroe
Lena Horne
Sophia Loren
Meryl Streep
Rue McClanahan
Betty White
Ellen DeGeneres
Sylvia Plath
Debbie Harry
Madonna
Gwen Stefani
Lady GaGa

All for various reasons, copied from Facebook.

Today, I'd probably add:

Roseanne
Jennifer Saunders
Dawn French
Cloris Leachman
Hillary Clinton

&, I don't really like men, by the way.

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
Fictional:

The Boss (MGS3)- she was a Patriot, who died for her country
Tony Stark- billionaire, genius, playboy and philanthropist ;)
Frodo Baggins- small guy who save the Middleearth
Gregory House- "It's not a Lupus" ;)

Non- Fictional:

Freddie Mercury- the best vocalist in 20th century...
Akira Yamaoka/Mary E. McGlynn- songs from Silent Hill take me to the other parts of Universe ;)
Hideo Kojima- create an amazing story of MGS.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'd put money on Toshihiro Takeda beating him one on one.
Only because Toshihiro is younger...But Shingo is my MAIN MAN...It takes a special kind of person to have HIS dedication...I mean...I think he's more dedicated than the great Mokoto Nagano...

Reactions: Jay

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
I'm NOT a Queen fan...However...As a musician I believe Freddie Mercury has the best voice of ANY frontman EVER...There will NEVER be another Freddie Mercury...Excellent choice my friend...

What can I say... In "technical" side of music, Queen is... average. There aren't "super" guitar riffs or incredible solos, all music is simple- but Freddie's voice changed everything.

And only genius can create a song, without music (in the first part), and people have a lot of fun only by clapping and stamping (We Will Rock You) :D

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
What can I say... In "technical" side of music, Queen is... average. There aren't "super" guitar riffs or incredible solos, all music is simple- but Freddie's voice changed everything.

And only genius can create a song, without music (in the first part), and people have a lot of fun only by clapping and stamping (We Will Rock You) :D
I agree completely...I actually think Queen is a great band...I'm just not a fan of them...Just like I believe Justin Beiber DOES have talent, however, I don't like him...

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
The same here. I think Bob Marley was a great musician, but I don't like reggae, I think Madonna or Gaga are a good artist, but I don't like pop, etc. :)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The same here. I think Bob Marley was a great musician, but I don't like reggae, I think Madonna or Gaga are a good artist, but I don't like pop, etc. :)
I agree with the Bob Marley and Lady Gaga part...But I quite enjoy Madonna lol...

JMG29

To Let The World Be
Spider-Man was my childhood hero, along with Batman.
Solid Snake taught me to screw what other people do and think for myself, even if it sounds insane to everyone else.
"We're not responsible for anyone's choices. Everyone decides their own fate, no matter where they were born. Words like fate, karma, it's all just an excuse for giving up if you ask me."
I almost forgot;
images

Have you ever heard anyone say "my life was forever changed when I heard Mitt Romney debate foreign/economic policy"? No, you haven't.

Top Bottom