• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Would you have liked to have seen REmake with the RE4 engine?

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Personally I prefer the older RE Game engine and mechanics. I loved how the games were a mix of adventure and horror. To me RE4 and RE5 are no more Survival Horror, than Saw movies are horror. They are action games, IMHO. The last time I got scared playing an Original Resident Evil game(Besides 0 and REmake) was RE3. Just knowing the Nemesis could pop up any where kept me in a state of paniced alertness, so that when he did pop out I had to change my underwear.

There is one moment in RE2 that I know when, where, and how something is going to happen, but no matter how well prepared I am for it, it still causes me to jump in fright. That is when the Licker comes flying through the two-way mirror in the interrogation room. I used to want a REmake of 2 and 3, even thought it would be cool to see it done with RE4 or RE5's game controls and engine. However, I have so many fond childhood memories of playing RE1DC, RE2, RE3, and the rest of the series, but to me REmakes can't and won't do these memories justice.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
AgentHUNK;49843 said:
Personally I prefer the older RE Game engine and mechanics. I loved how the games were a mix of adventure and horror. To me RE4 and RE5 are no more Survival Horror, than Saw movies are horror. They are action games, IMHO. The last time I got scared playing an Original Resident Evil game(Besides 0 and REmake) was RE3. Just knowing the Nemesis could pop up any where kept me in a state of paniced alertness, so that when he did pop out I had to change my underwear.

There is one moment in RE2 that I know when, where, and how something is going to happen, but no matter how well prepared I am for it, it still causes me to jump in fright. That is when the Licker comes flying through the two-way mirror in the interrogation room. I used to want a REmake of 2 and 3, even thought it would be cool to see it down with RE4 or RE5's game controls and engine. However, I have so many fond childhood memories of playing RE1DC, RE2, RE3, and the rest of the series, but to me REmakes can't and won't do these memories justice.

spot on =]
re4 and 5 just strayed away from survival horror into a fully blown action game...with a few references to the older games.

wpstudart

I don't think it would be nice, because What was awesome about the remake is the scary atmosphere, Cerberus hard to shot, crimson heads, and stuff like that would go away with the older atmosphere. Because we could aim in the head and it would be easy. That's my opinion..

aintnoscrub

Premium
its nice to think about the game with an over the shoulder view, just because visually it would be really impressive, but when it comes down to it, we all love RE1 because of the classic camera angles and everything else.

wpstudart

Yeah, but I would check it out just by curiosity. I would be different, it could be nice. They can make it scary with the RE4 engine, and not so easy, dunno.

aintnoscrub

Premium
IMO it would definitely be a hell of alot easier with the over the shoulder aiming.
and less scary, but no resident evil fan would say no to giving it a try eh?

Torque

Since i've only just recently played the REmake, i'd say it is better off staying with the old classic angles and shooting system. When i played RE 4, i found it to be a pretty good game, but compared to the older games, it was far less scarier, perhaps not scary at all. Sure, the REmake would be better than RE 4 with the over-the-shoulder system, but a lot of thought would need to be involved.

In RE 4 we see Leons health and Ammo status on screen as we play, so we know just when we r about to die or run out of ammo and so we can act accordingly. In REmake, we have to go into the inventory screen to see how we are going with our health and ammo. Though a distinct difference between the two is that in REmake the character shows us that they are wounded while in RE 4 Leon doesn't.

So how would REmake be done with the RE 4 system? Would Jill/Chris's inventory be much larger or the regular 6 spaces? Would we see their health on screen as well as our ammo capacity? Would their be any signs of injury after being attacked by an enemy?

Of course how could i forget.. how would they do the entering a door sequence? If it were going to be implemented with the RE 4 system, i'd say throw away the door slides and just allow them to kick or open on the spot without having to worry about watching the doors open.

ResidentZelda

if they put an Over-the-shoulder view in Remake it will make it more of an action game :/ because I like the feeling of not knowing what is gonna jump out in the next screen :p.

Cameron

Here's to the Atom Bomb
I think it would be nice to try and to do a mash-up of the styles. Similar to how the Resident Evil 4 demo looked.

Wishful thinking is that maybe in two years, Capcom would do some sort of fifteen-year anniversary package.

Popo

do you know what gave the remake such good graphics, its camera angles, if what's around us doesn't move, it causes it to have much better graphics, because it was drawn, if it was that perfect in the gamecube, imagine in ps3

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Actually I always liked the feeling of suspense and fear that the "Door Scenes" in the older games made me feel. On the first playthrough you never knew what to expect, and that feeling of helplessness and unknowing can be the scariest aspect when done properly. In this area, IMHO, RE4 and RE5 failed, and any REmake using either engine will as well.

Top Bottom