• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Why It"s The Best Resi

Are they any regi eating Zombies

• Total voters

1983guy

RE2 was hands down the best. 2nd best was Director's Cut without Dual Shock. REmake might be prettier but RE2 has that classic cheese feel to it and has unmatched atmosphere. The moaning sounds of zombies when you enter an outdoor area is awesome. The Marshaling Yard music (the area where you get the W. Box Key) is possibly the best music in the series. The music in this game is just amazing. Just listen to the music in the double locked door in the labs...creepy!

REmamke lacked several gameplay improvements the ones before it had. Upgrading weapons? RE2's got that.

B.Martin

Without a doubt RE2 has the best atmosphere, BUT i've not played REmake. I remember when i got RE2 as a kid it gave me nightmares haha, epic nightmares and infact i still occasionally get them. No other game/film has/could ever acheive that kind of effect again i don't think. I don't remember being able to upgrade weapons on RE2 though?

1983guy

@B. Martin - Yeah...Leon received upgrades. From handgun to custom handgun, shotgun to custom shotgun and magnum to custom magnum. You had to have the W. Box key for the magnum and a small key for the handgun to get the parts.

B.Martin

Ah its probably something i never acheived then, i think i only completed Leon A and Claire A and certainly didn't unlock everything!

Japanisnumberone

Scenarios for Hunk, Leon, Claire and Tofu.
That is why Resi 2 is the best Resi ever!View attachment 117
It's my favorite because it has the "slow zombie" feel to it and the fact that the atmosphere feels scarier than its predecessor.Plus i love the fact you can play as two people but giving the fact that the game makes you feel like its happening at the same time.

U.S.S. Zulu Platoon

Resident Evil 2, was by far the best due to the fact that it provided the player with two equally different experiences, while at the same time still giving the player the option to experience the game 4 different ways, plus it further had H.U.N.K.'s bonus content which added a whole other element to the story, and yes even Tofu though as strange as that was, added something unique to the story.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
The Leon/Ada romance kinda makes it special for me. I love RE2 though, it's freaking awesome, no matter which way you look at it.

It doesn't need a remake like the REmake, it's perfect as is. And Capcom wouldn't do it right anyway, so don't mess with it.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
The Leon/Ada romance kinda makes it special for me. I love RE2 though, it's freaking awesome, no matter which way you look at it.

It doesn't need a remake like the REmake, it's perfect as is. And Capcom wouldn't do it right anyway, so don't mess with it.
You don't have to buy the remake though....

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
You don't have to buy the remake though....
I hate to say, but I'll probably buy whatever new RE stuff Capcom releases. JS.

I'm not some stupid idiot, but I like my RE. Fact of the matter is, Capcom wouldn't do RE2's remake justice, and that's the bottom line. No if's and's or but's about it.

That's why it's kinda just better left the way it is. But if they do go and decide to give it the REmake treatment, more power to them, but it'll be plenty of dissapointing, FACT.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Yeah RE2 is the best original survival horror in the franchise, it's my #1 game in the franchise and even one of my top favorite games of all time. I've replayed that game more than I can count and it never bores me, Resident Evil 2 is the pinnacle of the franchise alright :)

If the remake is put into production then Capcom will have to put all their horses into development, get creative as possible and pleasing the retro fans is to be Priority 1, if it's remade into a game like RE4, 5, 6, ORC or even like Revelations for the modern audience, then Capcom will be booed more than thought possible and they will loose the core fanbase, they pretty much are already but ruining RE2 will guarantee that.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I think RE2 is the best RE simply because the characters are a rookie cop and a motorcycle-riding college student who's looking for her brother, and the stumble upon some ****ed up people, including the psychotic police chief.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I think RE2 is the best RE simply because the characters are a rookie cop and a motorcycle-riding college student who's looking for her brother, and the stumble upon some ****** up people, including the psychotic police chief.
The pyschotic police chief made the game!

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Totally. I missed so much, being 11 when I first played. When I went back to play 2 as an adult, I was truly disturbed.

Top Bottom