• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 why do so many people react negatively to resident evil 6?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Same here! For some reason, I got fed up with SH after playing only two games (3 and 4), but RE never gets old. Maybe just because it keeps changing.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
it's simple....it's the old forte' of the old (fans) vs. new (fans) fiasco. in terms of how the gameplay has drastically changed, game play wise, where in the first game the camera/perspective is very much different to how now currently how it is now. so yes......

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
Same here! For some reason, I got fed up with SH after playing only two games (3 and 4), but RE never gets old. Maybe just because it keeps changing.
- yes it does! just think resident evil one was great..then they changed to raccoon city...Then Raccoon city had the nemesis and expanded on the umbrella universe....we go to code veronica which brought us into a new console cycle with new characters and expanded on great villians and better story...we then expand with the outbreak stories series that brought us online coop gaming for the first time!!-also i am dreaming and HD- remake for this set too!!!...we then go to 4 and resident evil shows that not just raccoon city and the mtns were infected that other countries we also introduced new threats from these viruses and new gameplay...resident evil 5 closed resident evil ones story and introduced a new way to play with friends which was a a plus for sure even though solo sheva sucked.... Operation racoon city wasnt as good as real resident evil universe but brought me my wish of playing as a bad guy in the resident evil universe.... 6 shows us what weve always wanted a fully articulated character to control with better A.i and co-op features plus the added feature to customize things for our old school players and new players :) All in all Capcom knows what they are doing with this series atleast.......the other series in their lineups are gone, so be glad that they still have love for RESIDENT EVIL !

Howard

Hero of the alspark
Another important thing about the original Resident Evil,it was gonna be co-op so they took some of the old ideas and put them into RE5 and RE6.

zeroskaterz92

Another important thing about the original Resident Evil,it was gonna be co-op so they took some of the old ideas and put them into RE5 and RE6.
also, the original idea for RE was first person shooter, but it didn't work out, stated that it's not scary. then, later on, RE Chronicles series were created and it took the old fps idea.

Lonesurvivor2127

Your should really play SH 2, SH homecoming, and SH Downpour. Sh 2 is one of the best horror games ever. Homecoming and Downpour are also great games that actually make creeped out and watching ur back at all times.

zeroskaterz92

3 and 4, come on, it's not really the best one especially 4. you should play the first SH, SH2 (by far the best), you can skip out Origins (not really good), skip out Homecoming if you want, and you should play Downpour - the game is back to its roots, well not entirely but it's a start.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I can't play SH 1 and Downpour because they weren't released on PC, and I got bored of SH 2 after running through the fog aimlessly for half an hour, so I put it away. Great story aside, a game must also be fun to play, and only running around all the time with no clue where to go is not. SH 3 was actually very addicting by the time I got it, I also loved the story and characters, especially Claudia, but the gameplay has worn out... and I can't imagine the others being that different... But never mind, that's just SH. I prefer RE anyway.

zeroskaterz92

I got bored of SH 2 after running through the fog aimlessly for half an hour, so I put it away.
lol. you can always look at the map duhh. haha for SH1, you can play using emulator, i'm pretty sure nowadays PC specs can handle psone emulator. for Downpour, yeah, it's kinda sucks the game didn't release on PC.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'm fed up with emulators, getting them to work is always a pain and they always cause something to not work anymore. But that's fine, I'm no longer interested in SH anyway.

Arachnid

Your should really play SH 2, SH homecoming, and SH Downpour. Sh 2 is one of the best horror games ever. Homecoming and Downpour are also great games that actually make creeped out and watching ur back at all times.
I agree with this. SH2 is easily the greatest survival horror game I've ever played. As much as I love RE, SH2 was scarier, had better atmosphere, a leagues better story (better than almost every game I've ever played actually), and better controls (you could switch between tank controls and actually just moving your character in whichever direction).

Homecoming isn't close to as good as SH2, but it had the best and scariest bosses in the entire series. I'll never forget fighting Scarlet..

Downpour was a step in the right direction for the series. It's more free roam with a bunch of mysteries and side quests in Silent Hill for you to explore and solve. The main story was amazing, and the main character is one of my favorite in the entire series for how likeable and sympathetic he is. Some of the enemies in this game were a step down from previous games though.

Any horror fan who doesn't play Silent Hill is seriously missing out. You should buy the HD collection if you want to get into the series, because it has the two best games in the entire series.

Top Bottom