• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 why do so many people react negatively to resident evil 6?

LeOnKeNnEdY201

when i look on YouTube or game trailers etc, there are many people who are saying bad things and reacting negatively towards this game, why do they dislike it besides they are idiots?

Reactions: svp

sbr999

Because the actual gameplay has not impressed them maybe? And maybe after RE:ORC some people are skeptical whether the marketing promises are going to be true, or not? And maybe some people fear it's going to be another mainstream COD clone?

(Just because someone has a different oppinion than you, it doesn't mean she/he's an idiot)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, many people say it's not RE anymore because it doesn't have that scary survival horror atmosphere the older games had, but every honest fan will probably admit that this is nothing new. It hasn't been scary anymore since RE4. I always say to those people the same that I also say to old Tomb Raider fans who hate the newer games: "If you don't like it, don't play it, but don't annoy us with your hatred." Unfortunately, no one ever listens...

Howard

Hero of the alspark
I agree I grow up on the original games,I didn't like RE4 at first but it grew up on me and into my favorite RE besides RE2.

zeroskaterz92

It hasn't been scary anymore since RE4.
it's never been really THAT scary since the first game tho. back then, we thought it's scary cuz we play it when we were kids. but now, playing it again, unfortunately it's not. it got me thinking that the Survival Horror in RE isn't really that deep compared to Silent Hill, heck, classic Silent Hill still has the "feel".
well, that's just me.

LeOnKeNnEdY201

Because the actual gameplay has not impressed them maybe? And maybe after RE:ORC some people are skeptical whether are the marketing promises are going to be true, or not? And maybe some people fear it's going to be another mainstream COD clone?

(Just because someone has a different oppinion than you, it doesn't mean she/he's an idiot)
true, but people must give it a chance before criticizing it, i personally like the gameplay, but they are not idiots but they are impulsive to knock resident evil 6

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
well, that's just me.

It's not just you, I'm also one of those who only found Resident Evil scary until they got to know Silent Hill. SH is real psychological horror while RE relies more on gore and heart-stopping moments like dogs jumping through windows. But the older games at least had a scarier setting to begin with, like being alone in a haunted old mansion at night, compared to rushing through a village under the bright sun with a partner. And you could die more easily because your characters were not as fast and agile as they are in today's REs. I like both, but I can understand where those old-school fans complaining about the lack of atmosphere are coming from.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
it's never been really THAT scary since the first game tho. back then, we thought it's scary cuz we play it when we were kids. but now, playing it again, unfortunately it's not. it got me thinking that the Survival Horror in RE isn't really that deep compared to Silent Hill, heck, classic Silent Hill still has the "feel".
well, that's just me.

But you could say the same thing about a horror movie, it's never as scary the second time because you know what is going to happen. Zero and REmake still scare me though.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
The only thing that scares me about REmake nowadays is when I see a close-up of Jill's pale face, but it's true that it is scarier than the original. I wonder what it would have been like to play that game as my first RE, instead of the original.

zeroskaterz92

those old-school fans complaining about the lack of atmosphere are coming from.
well, i blame it on the graphics hardware. the more graphics improve, the more clearer the image will be, even if it's in the dark, you can still see some sh*t. even games like Amnesia, you can still see quite clearly in the dark.
back then, the graphical hardware was limited, thus the atmosphere just plain black, like how the first Silent Hill game did.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
when i look on YouTube or game trailers etc, there are many people who are saying bad things and reacting negatively towards this game, why do they dislike it besides they are idiots?
- I am an old school fan and I enjoy each and every resident evil game that has come out....except dead aim and resident evil gaiden :oops:
- I think they have fine tuned everything into one beautiful package this time around , I cant wait to get my hands on my copy at midnight oct 2nd 2012 !!!! -the first day resident evil 1 was available to buy in the usa I was in line at the store I was 16 and received the new playstation for my birthday and I didnt know what to get for a game....Then I saw this game that just was put on the shelf from the people who made mega man a company called Capcom, and me being a horror fan said this is the game for me! From then on I have been a die hard fan:) . Thank you Capcom for so many great memories over the years and I am sure many will be made on October 2.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I'm gonna have to agree with Hel and zeroskaterz92. Survival Horror fans now adays are getting more whiney and more ****ey when ever one of their favorite series changes gameplay and becomes more action oriented and they'll always complain that it's not scary for reasons that real people won't give a crap about and they'll say that it's not scary and keep saying that the originals are scary. I'm gonna have to agree with zeroskaterz92 that the Resident Evil games were never really scary and that it was only scary because we were kids because I did recently play Resident Evil 3 and now that I'm older I think that it wasen't really that scary, I only gotten scared 0 times.

Also, thank you very much Hel and sbr999. I say thank you because Hel, you brought up that if someone doesn't like a game then they shouldn't play it and keep shoving it down people's throats that you didn't like it so they can feel the same, I can't stand it when people do that because they'll literally keep screaming and crying over it until you feel the same, if I hate a game I usually just tell someone my thoughts about it but I'll always tell them that they may like or may not like it, I will never keep trying to shove it into their minds and make them feel the same. And I say thank you sbr999 because you brought up that no one should back lash someone for having a different opinion.

Howard

Hero of the alspark
I'm gonna have to agree with Hel and zeroskaterz92. Survival Horror fans now adays are getting more whiney and more ****ey when ever one of their favorite series changes gameplay and becomes more action oriented and they'll always complain that it's not scary for reasons that real people won't give a crap about and they'll say that it's not scary and keep saying that the originals are scary. I'm gonna have to agree with zeroskaterz92 that the Resident Evil games were never really scary and that it was only scary because we were kids because I did recently play Resident Evil 3 and now that I'm older I think that it wasen't really that scary, I only gotten scared 0 times.

Also, thank you very much Hel and sbr999. I say thank you because Hel, you brought up that if someone doesn't like a game then they shouldn't play it and keep shoving it down people's throats that you didn't like it so they can feel the same, I can't stand it when people do that because they'll literally keep screaming and crying over it until you feel the same, if I hate a game I usually just tell someone my thoughts about it but I'll always tell them that they may like or may not like it, I will never keep trying to shove it into their minds and make them feel the same. And I say thank you sbr999 because you brought up that no one should back lash someone for having a different opinion.
Tell this to people flooding Resident Evil 6 videos with "This isn't horror." junk.

HELLBOY1980

The only thing that scares me about REmake nowadays is when I see a close-up of Jill's pale face, but it's true that it is scarier than the original. I wonder what it would have been like to play that game as my first RE, instead of the original.
-the original was amazing to me when it first came out, but also I was 16 at the time,lol !! -till this day I still remember screaming at the screen running from the shark!

Reactions: Hel

zeroskaterz92

based on atmosphere, RE didn't really do well with the Horror part but the monsters like Lisa, Mr. X, Nemesis, Chainsaw Guy, yup, that's ****ed up scary, and that's survival. in terms of combat, i wouldn't really say it "survival" since i still remember that Wesker used to gave you bunch of items in the save room in the first RE game (that part got me laugh and thinking about survival, if Wesker never give any items, then i salute that game for being true to survival aspect).
RE game, for sure, start off with horror and eerie, then as you progress, it become less horror, you got heavy firearms - Grenade Launcher; Magnum (you feel like a boss), that lead to action-oriented. the ammo aren't really hard to look for, you just need to conserve it, that's all.
where as Silent Hill, you got handgun but it only has one clip, probably you going to have that amount of bullet till you finish the game. you need to depend on your melee weapons, it's not powerful but it helps you (you'll get similar feel if you play RE with using knife only and it's freaking hard).

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Aren't you exaggerating a little bit now? ;) The knife of the old RE games is in no way comparable to SH's melee weapons. The fights of Silent Hill 3 are boring even on Extreme difficulty and I never had problems with melee weapons. I couldn't say the same about fighting with the knife in RE, especially in Chris's scenario in the first game.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Older rezzy gamers expect the new game to go back to its roots in rezzy 1-3 with the survival horror, puzzles and camera angle? Playing type
Newer rezzy gamers expect a better co op experience after playing re4&5

Some gamers (like me want both)

You can please some of the people some of the time
But you can't please all of the people all of the time

HELLBOY1980

Aren't you exaggerating a little bit now? ;) The knife of the old RE games is in no way comparable to SH's melee weapons. The fights of Silent Hill 3 are boring even on Extreme difficulty and I never had problems with melee weapons. I couldn't say the same about fighting with the knife in RE, especially in Chris's scenario in the first game.
- I liked the Silent Hill series when it first came out cause it was good for its time....I bought the hd-set and it was completely boring to me now and just looks terrible and the gameplay mechanics are terrible. The story is great though!! I love the movies and the graphic novels, the games not so much anymore.

Reactions: Hel
Top Bottom