• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why do Raccoon City Police officers have different uniforms even when on the same mission?

Mountie

Like what we see in the Spencer Mansion both in all the versions, all the STARS team members are in different uniforms. How is that explained? Edit. Here's a pic to better show what I mean:

latest

Ikawaru

I believe it was a design choice, to make the characters feel unique rather than just make them look like some rando/anonymous S.W.A.T. team.

That's what Hunk and co. did, and did you care about any of them? I sure as Hell didn't.

Mountie

I believe it was a design choice, to make the characters feel unique rather than just make them look like some rando/anonymous S.W.A.T. team.

That's what Hunk and co. did, and did you care about any of them? I sure as Hell didn't.

Hunk & Co. as in those commandos operated by Umbrella? I've never played those characters. Not yet.

Mountie

Maybe it's a role plying uniform? Like Brad Vickers is probably wearing the uniform of the pilot and Rebecca chambers is probably wearing the role of a medic?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
To be honest, everyone is essentially wearing the same thing: a S.T.A.R.S. T-shirt and a vest. They're different colors, yes, but it's the same type uniform. The only one that breaks this mold is Jill with the shoulder pads instead of a vest. (And Forest isn't wearing a T-shirt but this could be chalked up to personal preference.)

Ikawaru

I love HUNK. He was my favorite character to play in Mercs 3D and I liked The 4th Survivor. To each their own.

You are taking what I said out of context. Hunk is an established character and I also love playing as him in 4th survivor, I have a quote of his in my sig after all.

What I meant was, his entire team is wearing identical uniforms, color, gas mask and all, so it's a bit harder to care for a cast of characters that all look identical, imagine if all of S.T.A.R.S. team was wearing full body suits, it would further dilute them as characters, wouldn't you think?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
You are taking what I said out of context. Hunk is an established character and I also love playing as him in 4th survivor, I have a quote of his in my sig after all.

What I meant was, his entire team is wearing identical uniforms, color, gas mask and all, so it's a bit harder to care for a cast of characters that all look identical, imagine if all of S.T.A.R.S. team was wearing full body suits, it would further dilute them as characters, wouldn't you think?
I wasn't directly responding to your post as I didn't quote you. I was pitching into a HUNK conversation. Chillax.

By the way, have you seen my name and sig? The commandos in the 2002 RE all wore the same thing and Rain in my favorite character in the franchise. It doesn't matter what they're wearing as long as the character development is there.

Mountie

To be honest, everyone is essentially wearing the same thing: a S.T.A.R.S. T-shirt and a vest. They're different colors, yes, but it's the same type uniform. The only one that breaks this mold is Jill with the shoulder pads instead of a vest. (And Forest isn't wearing a T-shirt but this could be chalked up to personal preference.)

Their shirts are also different colors like Rebecca's and Richard too. But they have the same S.T.A.R.S insignia on it. Plus Rebecca is not a combat S.T.A.R.S participant as she is just a medic.

So i'm guessing each uniform is for sub-roles. I'm guessing Jill has a constable uniform as it's very similar to Leon's.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Still confused as to what a different colored shirts and vests indicate regarding "sub-roles." Especially since no one's combination is the same, yet there's people who carry out mirroring roles on their respective teams.

Ridley Lockhart

Yup there was nothing distinguishing about them, the only think is HUNK was the only survivor, Mr.Death. So i agree with your initial response about the STARS uniforms to make each character feel more unique. I never really questioned it too much, and also wouldn't have it any other way.

Also i wanted to point out a couple of changes i have noticed. Firstly HUNK shows back up in RE4 Mercenaries with a slightly alternate looking attire/gear. It just has a few things that look clearly and distinctively different from his OG RE2 appearance. One particular thing is on his mask the eye pieces are red. AND now anytime we see HUNK in a game they always just reuse that RE4 Mercenaries character model. I don't know if that's lazy, but check it in Mercenaries 4D, Operation Raccoon City, Revelations, RE2R...

That's prolly also why in ORC they made all those Russian Umbrella characters, DELTA Team i think with Lupo, Vector, and the rest of the gang each look very different.

Top Bottom