• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why are resident evil characters immune to virus ??

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Re2/3 was exactly this.

Birkin had hunted down and killed Umbrella soldier's inconveniently being right on top of those little sewage pipes so the rats carried one form of transportation of the T-Virus, The Virus was later discovered in the water supply so basically using water marks you as infected. that was the 2nd form of T-Virus transportation.
Then you have the usual. Open Wounds, Bite, Scratches, hell they didn't have to even hurt you, TOUCHING you gets you infected.

Hel mentioned my Questions. But would I said is right Gameplay doesn't count like Hell

If it ain't a cutscene it ain't canon

Popo

I think that it's kinda like the walking dead, the virus is in the air, if you die, even if you weren't bitten, you wil become a zombie, but if you do get bitten, the virus already inside you gains more "strength" and you die by the virus and not by non zombie causes xD

kenvike

Institute special zombies can upgrade, you can see the effect of such upgrades to increase attack range and summon more zombies, etc.?

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
The only two things I find hard to believe are how Rebecca was not infected after being bitten by one of those monkey creatures in a cutscene (which makes it canon), and how Leon could run around with an open bullet wound in a dirty sewer filled with zombies and get away with it. The others were probably lucky enough to never get bitten or injured in any other way that could have allowed a virus to get in, and whenever it does happen, there's a logical explanation provided by a cutscene (like Nemesis's tentacle in Jill's case, Sherry being "impregnated" by her father, the needle bomb for the BSAA soldiers etc.).
@bolded, this. We all saw Rebecca clearly get bitten at least 2-3 times by an infected monkey and later scratched by one when pushing Billy out of the way. In both attacks, skin was broken through as blood was seen. She never took a vaccine on screen or complain about feeling sick, meaning it's likely she can't be infected. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that she is naturally immune to viruses (similar to Jake) if she ever returns-maybe she's his long lost sister? Nah, Nah I'm kidding about the sister part (even though that would be interesting. Rebecca, Wesker's daughter? Sounds like some fan fiction material to me if I wrote them :p). Hell, if Capcom knows what's good for the story they would say that (about the immunity part, not the sister part). It would boost her relevance (because many claim she isn't) instantly.

Mr Sunshine

I remember reading somewhere that advanced B.O.Ws like lickers don't transfer the virus with direct contact. They were created to kill not to spread the virus. It could be the case with the monkeys as well. Or at least what some fans come up with to patch things up.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Mr. Sunshine, yeah, that could very well be the case, but it could also go the other way. Still if it is the way you stated, then I don't get the point of putting those cutscenes in if they weren't going to mean anything, but that's just me.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Its a good find but in canonicity none of the characters were touched by infected so there would have been no time needed for them to use herbs.
Jill got infected by nemmy but Carlos had to make a cure for her

It's possible somebody got bitten and used an herb though. I doubt everybody dodged the zombies. Rebecca got bitten in a cutscene, so she did get touched by one.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
It's possible somebody got bitten and used an herb though. I doubt everybody dodged the zombies. Rebecca got bitten in a cutscene, so she did get touched by one.
The games are supposed to be implied that the characters get through without abything bad during gameplay as actually happening. Unless something happens in a cutscene like that bite rebecca took it didnt happen. Although just because she was bit doesnt mean the virus transfered.

From this link:
http://residentevil.wikia.com/T-Virus

" For story purposes, however, most of the main characters in the games were never canonically bitten or stabbed, though even highly infectious real world viruses do not always infect the victim after one exposure (but given the relentless attacks of those infected, one exposure might not necessarily mean a single scratch or bite). A "Dry Bite" is possible as well, so anyone bitten has at least a 1% chance of not getting infected. Evidence for this can be seen when an Eliminator bites Rebecca Chambers during a cutscene in Resident Evil 0. "

The books on herbs are just to give slight insight into why herbs are used for healing and put a story together for them. Probably incase people thought they were smoking weed or something.
Duuuuude my weed is all red and blue, lets mix some green mannn

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
The games are supposed to be implied that the characters get through without abything bad during gameplay as actually happening. Unless something happens in a cutscene like that bite rebecca took it didnt happen. Although just because she was bit doesnt mean the virus transfered.

From this link:
http://residentevil.wikia.com/T-Virus

" For story purposes, however, most of the main characters in the games were never canonically bitten or stabbed, though even highly infectious real world viruses do not always infect the victim after one exposure (but given the relentless attacks of those infected, one exposure might not necessarily mean a single scratch or bite). A "Dry Bite" is possible as well, so anyone bitten has at least a 1% chance of not getting infected. Evidence for this can be seen when an Eliminator bites Rebecca Chambers during a cutscene in Resident Evil 0. "

The books on herbs are just to give slight insight into why herbs are used for healing and put a story together for them. Probably incase people thought they were smoking weed or something.
Duuuuude my weed is all red and blue, lets mix some green mannn

The books still explain any plotholes if you did get bit. I highly doubt none of the characters got bit even once, but that's just my opinion.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I thought it was wildly obvious that as far as canon goes they never got bit in the first place.

The them getting bit was strictly a gameplay mechanic and nothing more.

Think about it, in any of the cutscenes do you see ANY bite marks?

Till this day the only main playable characters in the canon to get infected by a virus ingame and canon was Jill and Leon (Leon got infected/inplanted with Las Plagas).

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I thought it was wildly obvious that as far as canon goes they never got bit in the first place.

The them getting bit was strictly a gameplay mechanic and nothing more.

Think about it, in any of the cutscenes do you see ANY bite marks?

Till this day the only main playable characters in the canon to get infected by a virus ingame and canon was Jill and Leon (Leon got infected/inplanted with Las Plagas).

You didn't see any bite marks on Rebecca when she got bitten or any marks on Jill when Nemesis infected her either, and those were both canon.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
You didn't see any bite marks on Rebecca when she got bitten or any marks on Jill when Nemesis infected her either, and those were both canon.

well I'll give you the cutscene thing, but my point still stands.

Its obviously just a game mechanic, it would be the same as wondering why Solid Snake survives being shot multiple times in MGS even though he is a human or why Mortal Kombat characters are able to get right back up in MK9 after just getting their neck and back snapped during X ray moves.

Its simply a game mechanic when you get bit, they can't have you going through a horror zombie game without you getting bit, but as far as the canon goes it was never said that any one of them ever suffered a virus infection besides a few.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
well I'll give you the cutscene thing, but my point still stands.

Its obviously just a game mechanic, it would be the same as wondering why Solid Snake survives being shot multiple times in MGS even though he is a human or why Mortal Kombat characters are able to get right back up in MK9 after just getting their neck and back snapped during X ray moves.

Its simply a game mechanic when you get bit, they can't have you going through a horror zombie game without you getting bit, but as far as the canon goes it was never said that any one of them ever suffered a virus infection besides a few.

I get what you're saying, but if you happened to get bit in the games and had to use an herb, that book explains why your character isn't a zombie.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The herb theory kind of makes sense especially when you consider the fact that RE:Outbreak has a virus gauge.

and heck even if they never got wounded by any enemy(highly improbable) they still had zombie blood&fluids all over them its really hard to suspend your disbelief in this sort of premise.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
The herb theory kind of makes sense especially when you consider the fact that RE:Outbreak has a virus gauge.

and heck even if they never got wounded by any enemy(highly improbable) they still had zombie blood&fluids all over them its really hard to suspend your disbelief in this sort of premise.

Yeah, in Outbreak when you used an herb the virus stopped for a while, I forgot to mention that.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
And in ORC they used antiviral sprays.
But generally the main series characters never had to used herbs or them. Except for story based parts

Top Bottom