• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Which RE6 Campaign is Your Favorite?

Favorite RE6 Campaign?

• Leon + Helena

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Chris + Piers

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Jake + Sherry

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • The 4th Campaign

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

mert20004

I just want to say that as much as ı like chris' campaign the most, it has the weakest boss fights when compared to other campaigns imo.

I think leon's campaign has the best boss fights followed by jake's ustanak.

Unknown

I just want to say that as much as ı like chris' campaign the most, it has the weakest boss fights when compared to other campaigns imo.

I think leon's campaign has the best boss fights followed by jake's ustanak.

Are you kidding??!?

Jake’s are alright, but Leon’s bosses are horrible. What is there...the Lepotitsa in the church, which is alright tbh, but then Deborah, the giant shark thing, and Simmons 1800947473 times... you liked those fights? The only good one for me was the four way fight against Ustanak, lol. But that’s Jake’s boss.

Chris’s fights are about on par with Jake’s, the snake was a highlight, but his final boss is amazing. Haos is of the best in the series.

mert20004

Are you kidding??!?

Jake’s are alright, but Leon’s bosses are horrible. What is there...the Lepotitsa in the church, which is alright tbh, but then Deborah, the giant shark thing, and Simmons 1800947473 times... you liked those fights? The only good one for me was the four way fight against Ustanak, lol. But that’s Jake’s boss.

Chris’s fights are about on par with Jake’s, the snake was a highlight, but his final boss is amazing. Haos is of the best in the series.
Yeah ı liked those fights, especially simmons' fights. To quote tgbs; " The trope of re monsters coming back and back again was pushed to its limits here. And ı'm so glad it was. "

I found haos weaker than simmons and ustanak cause it's introduced later compared to those monsters and you dont fight it that much. From a story standpoint; it's still cool but from a gameplay standpoint; it didnt feel as fun and interesting as simmons or ustanak.

Plus in chris' campaign; you fight choppers. Twice. I dont mind the 1st one that much but the 2nd one felt unnecessary and forced.

The only thing ı dont like about simmons is the fact that for some reason; you cant stab the fly form with lightning rod on higher difficulties.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Haos' entire sequence was a definite highlight of the game for me. Sprinting away from it while everything is crumbling, sliding under obstacles, and the way Chris and Piers helped eachother throughout the chase felt so epic. Then you fight when it gets split in half and it still chases you. The final battle was also very satisfying with how you have to work together to defeat it.

The Orgoman fights I thought were absolutely incredible as well. They took El Gigante battle up to 11. The freedom you have in that encounter was actually quite impressive and the spectacle of it all was really something else.

I also really enjoyed the 4 way Ustanak fight which is ALSO a Leon boss fight since you have to play it twice in both Leon's and Jake's campaigns. I always love a boss fight that isn't just some blob or giant beast but something on par with the player, like the Krauser and Wesker fights in RE4 and RE5. I actually wish they did something like this for Wesker's final boss fight to showcase how much of a threat he was and not just be easily defeated by Chris and Sheva even though Chris and Jill couldn't do it...

Resident Evil 6 had some really amazing ideas, it's just a shame the entire game was executed so poorly. The story was a meaningless mess filled with too many characters and wonky gameplay and mechanics. But I am curious if Haos and the Orgoman battle were lifted from Resident Evil 5's original concepts because I do recall there being concept art of multiple Ndesus roaming about. Haos also really reminds me of the U-11 concept art in both size and posture and he looked to be chasing Chris across the top of a train, much like Haos chases Chris and Piers.

mert20004

Haos' entire sequence was a definite highlight of the game for me. Sprinting away from it while everything is crumbling, sliding under obstacles, and the way Chris and Piers helped eachother throughout the chase felt so epic. Then you fight when it gets split in half and it still chases you. The final battle was also very satisfying with how you have to work together to defeat it.

The Orgoman fights I thought were absolutely incredible as well. They took El Gigante battle up to 11. The freedom you have in that encounter was actually quite impressive and the spectacle of it all was really something else.

I also really enjoyed the 4 way Ustanak fight which is ALSO a Leon boss fight since you have to play it twice in both Leon's and Jake's campaigns. I always love a boss fight that isn't just some blob or giant beast but something on par with the player, like the Krauser and Wesker fights in RE4 and RE5. I actually wish they did something like this for Wesker's final boss fight to showcase how much of a threat he was and not just be easily defeated by Chris and Sheva even though Chris and Jill couldn't do it...

Resident Evil 6 had some really amazing ideas, it's just a shame the entire game was executed so poorly. The story was a meaningless mess filled with too many characters and wonky gameplay and mechanics. But I am curious if Haos and the Orgoman battle were lifted from Resident Evil 5's original concepts because I do recall there being concept art of multiple Ndesus roaming about. Haos also really reminds me of the U-11 concept art in both size and posture and he looked to be chasing Chris across the top of a train, much like Haos chases Chris and Piers.
Interesting. I know many people who hate the running section with haos. To the point where capcom had to patch the game so that haos wont destroy the platforms that fast.

I disagree with the last statement though. I thought the story was good. Characters are likeable ( Though helena is still an expy of angela. ) , campaigns connect to each other ( unlike re2 2019 ) , good character development, underrated villains, nice backstory within the files etc. The " meaningless " fits better to re4 tbh since its story is disconnected to canon re lore not to mention the story is just ashley annoyance. Mikami didnt even hire a writer for the game; that's gotta be the reason why re4 is so butchered in terms of official localization as well.

Plus it creates a better reunion for re2 than re5 does for re1. I didnt like the way jill was handled in re5 plus barry and rebecca are missing when the game is supposed to be a re1 reunion. Meanwhile re6 is missing only claire and at least her disappearance was explained in rerev2 unlike re5's case with barry and rebecca.

Overall ı would say re6 is better than re4 and re5; it feels greatly improved from those games in many ways, both from gameplay and story perspective. Better than rerev, re7 as well as reimaginings too.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I had no issues getting away from Haos. But then again, most everyone I've seen play the game on Youtube was terrible at it because they didn't bother to learn any of the mechanics.

Resident Evil 6 has an awful story with unpolished floaty gameplay, a sh*tty inventory and skill system, and an unnecessary stamina meter that only made the game worse. Revelations 2 managed to do all of these things better.

Helena, Piers, and Jake all come off like bad fan fiction characters who were inserted into the game just to make it about them rather than the actual characters you care about. Simmons was forgettable and pointless. We got 2 Adas running around while Chris has amnesia, Helena strings Leon along, and Jake acts like a jealous try hard who needs to be punched in the mouth.

The campaigns connecting and some "fan service" moments that don't even last because each character is forced to be with some made up character nobody asked for is hardly a win over superior games that are actually focused and polished.

mert20004

I had no issues getting away from Haos. But then again, most everyone I've seen play the game on Youtube was terrible at it because they didn't bother to learn any of the mechanics.

Resident Evil 6 has an awful story with unpolished floaty gameplay, a sh*tty inventory and skill system, and an unnecessary stamina meter that only made the game worse. Revelations 2 managed to do all of these things better.

Helena, Piers, and Jake all come off like bad fan fiction characters who were inserted into the game just to make it about them rather than the actual characters you care about. Simmons was forgettable and pointless. We got 2 Adas running around while Chris has amnesia, Helena strings Leon along, and Jake acts like a jealous try hard who needs to be punched in the mouth.

The campaigns connecting and some "fan service" moments that don't even last because each character is forced to be with some made up character nobody asked for is hardly a win over superior games that are actually focused and polished.
What's so bad about story? I dont get it. If it's cause of simmons' obsession with ada; well previous re games also featured villains with weird obsessions. Like alexia and alfred loving each other. Plus simmons' obsession with ada isnt the only reason why c-virus was created, there are more reasons. I found los illuminados and re5's villains except wesker forgettable personally. I found carla a tragic villain.

I can understand some hate for helena but ı still didnt find her that annoying, at least not as much as ashley. ( Re4 kills umbrella in the intro in favor of ashley annoyance and that feels insulting after re2, re3 and recv hinted at a badass destruction for umbrella. ) Plus her backstory plays a role throught the story unlike sheva who feels forced to re5 just to be chris' partner, she has a cool backstory in the files but that doesnt matter for re5's story at all. I thought piers and jake had good character development. Chris doesnt have amnesia in chapter 3; he remembers his past but gets blinded by revenge instead. The voice commands even change due to this.

As for gameplay; ı think it has some of the best combat system in a tps. The amount of combat options the game has is insane and counters feel so satisfying. They work well within campaigns too. Idk why people say " The mechanics only work in mercenaries. " . That applies to re4 and re5 since they have characters exclusive to mercenaries with unique melee attacks and weapons. I prefer re6's inventory over re5's. I didnt like the quick reload trick in re5; that makes reload upgrades pointless. Plus re5 seems to be designed around online more than singleplayer while re6 seems to be designed around singleplayer more than online so that's one of the reasons why ı prefer re6 over re5. I like the skill system too. It works in all 4 campaigns unlike separate ways ( Where you cant improve ada's weapons. ) and jill's dlcs. ( Where the weapon upgrade system dont work at all. ) The stamina didnt bother me that much since there are ways to quickly recover it. Plus you can increase stamina bar by using a skill. And most importantly; it doesnt have tank controls unlike re4 and re5. ( Outbreak file 2 doesnt have tank controls and it allows moving and shooting. )

Unknown

RE6 is broken on PC, which is what most youtubers played it on, at least with the mouse and keyboard it just comes down to luck for certain parts. These games are made for controller. Earlier play throughs online, played on the PS3/360, get by things like the Haos chase without issue.

So they have way more issues with the PC versions of these games for some reason, that’s why i’ll stick to consoles.

mert20004

I dont think it's broken. I think the pc version of re6 is good. I played the game with keyboard / mouse and it was pretty responsive as well. I didnt have any issue with haos chase scene tbh. ( Though ı still watched some footage on youtube and online; it can be pretty laggy, especially with a low connection. Like chris just waits before boosting piers to up and during that time; the monster can instantly kill characters. ) I dislike the chopper running sequence in chris chapter 3 more but ı dont have much issue with that one either; the aı partner sometimes does.

I think remake and re0 on steam are the re games that are meant to played with a controller. I remember trying those games with keyboard / mouse and ı just didnt enjoy them. I had to get a controller in order to get an enjoyable experience.

Jade Kennedy

Okay, I just have to say, I'm in LOVE with this game. I don't care what others say.
Leon scenario: Had much more gothic vibes and, oh my Lord, actual zombies!!! I loved this campaign from front to back, especially playing as Helena. SO FUN!!! I have to admit, the whole Simmons boss fight thing was stressful, but here's what I always say: Games aren't fun if they aren't challenging. The only think could've been patched up is the tutorial at the beginning of his campaign. Also, was it just me or what happened in the Prelude was different than the campaign when Ada arrived in the chopper. I give this rank 2.
Chris scenario: I picked this one as the last campaign I was gonna play to beat the game. And it was clear why. Everybody says it is their least favorite because it's kinda like playing Socom. I had fun with this one, I am not gonna lie. I even cried when Piers died. This one gave me more experience with the mercenaries for Resident Evil 6. But sadly, this one is my least favorite. I give this a rank 4.
Jake scenario: Oh. My. GOD!!! This one is my favorite down to its very core. I played this campaign the first time as Sherry, which was super fun. Not more fun than playing as Helena, however. Anyway, I love Jake and Sherry's chemistry, especially how he always called her 'Supergirl'. I just wish they'd bring both of them back for a new entry. I give this a rank 1.
Ada scenario: This was the first one I beat, due to having an obsession with Ada's gameplay clips from YouTube. (Also from being a complete loser at trying to beat the Lepotitsa in Leon Chapter 2). Ada is "The Batman with boobs." Lol. This one gave me a hard time, even on Amateur mode. I liked this campaign, I even almost put it at rank 2, but I just couldn't. So, I give this 4th and final campaign a rank 3.

Fin.
P.S. I play the PlayStation 3 version.
Fin. For real this time.

Ridley Lockhart

Hi all,

After reading through a lot of the threads in the RE6 section, I see a lot of people with extreme diversity in which campaign they liked most. I can already tell I am going to be shocked when the Chris campaign does exceedingly well, but hey, them's the breaks I guess. haha.

I honestly loved Leon's campaign the most despite it stealing a lot of enemy design and gameplay from the Left 4 Dead Series.
Jake and Sherry take second place for me because I loved seeing Sherry again, Jake was cooler than he is given credit for, and Ustanak was pretty scary.
Chris is in last place for me. While not terrible, it borrows too much from action games. Plus, the amnesia/drunk storyline for Chris is really overplayed in the gaming media. It was a cheap move in my opinion.

But feel free to refute and agree! Tell me your thoughts.
I would say Leon/Helena. I liked having zombies, even if they're the C-virus type which wield weapons like axes or crowbars or even some have rifles and shoot randomly or the ones with a magnum and have a crack-shot everytime. The Simmons character particularly the boss battles(T-Rex Simmons ) was annoying. Otherwise i felt that was the best one.

Not trying to just jump on the bandwagon, but Chris/Piers kinda felt like a bad CoD game. I still enjoyed it, the story and stuff were good IMO.

It was nice to see Sherry again and Jake was fun to play as. Also cool seeing Wesker and Birkin's kids teaming up so overall i like the Jake/Sherry campaign. But as i said all those C-virus enemies shooting at you it was CoD game again. Then there's the Ustunak.

Ada's campaign was ok. I guess.

But yeah, Leon/Helena. I enjoyed RE6. I know it gets a lot of hate.

Top Bottom