• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which next gen console are you purchasing for RE8?

What are ya buyin?

• PS5

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Wesker90

Title speaks for itself but I'm going with PS5 mainly because I miss having a Sony console I only had PSX and PS2.

D

Deleted member 21244

I will buy ps5, but probably re 8 will be released for this generation too even its not announced yet... Infact Sony says that many of it's exclusive game like spider man miles morales and horizon forbidden west and other will be available for ps4 too and that the console will be supported for other 4 years, so it's very very likely re 8 will be released on ps4 too, Capcom will not risk a release only on next gent console when Sony itself his releasing his future game on ps4 too

Last edited by a moderator:

Moonlight_Sonata

I'll eventually get a PS5, but probably not for a long while. I didn't get a PS4 until this year, so I imagine I'll be waiting a while to play this if it's a next gen exclusive.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm buying a PS5 but not for RE8 lol. More like I'm buying RE8 for PS5.

I'm buying a PS5 because I'm partial to Playstation, and there are already a handful of games I want being released - Cyberpunk, RE8, GoW2, and ESO is going to apparently allow players to upgrade from the PS4 version of the game to the PS5 version for free.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have been a PlayStation fan since 1997, so I don't plan on changing things any time soon. I will probably get a Full Disc PS5 in 2021 though. I don't see a need to get it right now when I just got a new PS4 in November '19. And my backlog could use a few months to trim down anyway.

If XBOX Series X ever gets to like $150, I'll probably get one of them too to go through exclusives I missed out on.

Although, I am still waiting on PS Vita to sink below $100, lol.

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm buying a PS5 but not for RE8 lol. More like I'm buying RE8 for PS5.

I'm buying a PS5 because I'm partial to Playstation, and there are already a handful of games I want being released - Cyberpunk, RE8, GoW2, and ESO is going to apparently allow players to upgrade from the PS4 version of the game to the PS5 version for free.
Same, I'm not buying the ps5 for re 8 right now but because I want to give rest to my 7 years old ps4 before it's too late XD
I have been a PlayStation fan since 1997, so I don't plan on changing things any time soon. I will probably get a Full Disc PS5 in 2021 though. I don't see a need to get it right now when I just got a new PS4 in November '19. And my backlog could use a few months to trim down anyway.

If XBOX Series X ever gets to like $150, I'll probably get one of them too to go through exclusives I missed out on.

Although, I am still waiting on PS Vita to sink below $100, lol.
There is a promotion that Microsoft made for everyone who want to purchase a Xbox series s or x
This is it if you are interested:
You can pay 25 dollar (xbox series s) or 35 dollar (xbox series x) per month for 24 month, and this promotion include an xbox series s or x depending which console you choose, xbox game pass and ea play, it's a pretty convenient promotion since thank to game pass you can play every Microsoft exclusive game and every exlucise game that's will be released at launch, and other game, you can even play original Xbox game lr 360 game that are present on the game pass, and you can play every EA game whit ea play

To bad my country didn't get this promotion yet i was thinking to buy a ps5 and get an Xbox whit this promotion :(

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Surprising results so far. "PS5" seven votes, not a single vote for any Xbox. Even "None" beats Xbox by one vote.

I voted PS5 too. But I have no concrete plans for buying it, I skipped PS4 and I might skip this. I do like Playstaions, but PC have so many advantages over consoles. The only I miss on PC are the hand controls with analog steering sticks.

This and Best Buy offers 18 month financing for the PS5 so it ends up being pretty well affordable.
Financing for consumer goods are never affordable. The customer gets the short stick. Always. Even the best deal is a bad deal.
If you don't have savings to spare, wait with the purchase and instead of paying interest you can get an extra game or two.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Financing for consumer goods are never affordable. The customer gets the short stick. Always. Even the best deal is a bad deal.
If you don't have savings to spare, wait with the purchase and instead of paying interest you can get an extra game or two.

This isn't exactly true. It's a lot easier to pay $25 a month than drop (in my case) $1100 after taxes for 2 PS5s, and in the case of Best Buy, there is no interest if you pay in full in the allotted time. Same with every expensive piece of furniture I've ever bought or any car I've ever bought. I always pay them off super early so I don't get charged interest and in most cases I didn't have several thousand dollars cash. I do intend to pay cash for my PS5s but not everyone has that ability, especially right now.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
If I wanted the XBOX Series S that bad, I could just go out and buy it without financing. I always forget to pay for financed items anyway, which is why Mrs. Wayne runs the payment calendar. I just have TONS of games to play for PS4 and if I ever get that VITA, I want to spend some time with those games too. lol. Series S if it ever drops low because I don't really care about it, but I do miss Gears of War and Halo a little bit.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Well luckily for me, I'm in charge of the finances/bills in my home lol.

But yea, like I said, I do intend to buy both of my PS5s with cash but sometimes it's just not ideal.

And I'm sorry but I can't think of anything that would make me buy another X Box lol.

D

Deleted member 21244

E
Well luckily for me, I'm in charge of the finances/bills in my home lol.

But yea, like I said, I do intend to buy both of my PS5s with cash but sometimes it's just not ideal.

And I'm sorry but I can't think of anything that would make me buy another X Box lol.
Maybe this XD

Yesterday Microsoft buyed bethesda/zen max for 7.5 billion dollar, and now Microsoft own: the evil whitin, doom, fallout, elder scroll, prey and other dozen of massive games, even shinji mikami himself belong to Microsoft now lol
I don't know if you are interested in this game, but this news is very huge

microsoft-compra-bethesda-zenimax-ufficiale-dettagli-sull-acquisizione-v12-469921-1280x720.jpg

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Nope. The husband and I were just talking about that yesterday. We still will not buy X-Box.

The only games I'll miss are ESO and maybe Doom but the others I can live without and this was just a power play because PS has them beat. I'll just do without.

D

Deleted member 21244

Nope. The husband and I were just talking about that yesterday. We still will not buy X-Box.

The only games I'll miss are ESO and maybe Doom but the others I can live without and this was just a power play because PS has them beat. I'll just do without.
It also seems that those game will not be exclusive to Xbox but will also be released on ps5 only that they will be available at launch on the Xbox game pass

I will only buy Xbox if Microsoft decides to make that 35 dollar month promotion available in my country

D

Deleted member 21244

Ah, I see. I guess that makes sense. I did see a lot of conflicting information about ESO shortly after that announcement.
It's still not clear, it seems this is the generation of forgetting to tell how things works

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have never played a Bethesda Game before which seems like blasphemy, but I have too many games to play even now. I don't know that I would miss playing these games, but I might want to look in to the next Elder Scrolls despite never playing Skyrim or Oblivion.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I have never played a Bethesda Game before which seems like blasphemy, but I have too many games to play even now. I don't know that I would miss playing these games, but I might want to look in to the next Elder Scrolls despite never playing Skyrim or Oblivion.

You should be fine, I'm too lazy to learn all the Elder Scrolls lore (drives my husband crazy) but I still enjoy them.

D

Deleted member 21244

You are not the only one, i only played the evil whitin 1 and 2, never got the chance of playing the other game...
i watched my brother playing oblivion and a friend playing Skyrim
And i played a bit of doom but I couldn't get into it

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Same. I watched my brother play some Skyrim. It did look like fun, but I had so many games to play at the time and never got around to it. If ES6 does come to PS5, I'll consider playing it. But I am okay if I miss out.

Top Bottom