• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Which monsters pop out and scare you the most?

RegeneratorHater24

I can't stand regenerators! I had two after me and not a single shot in my rifle. I don't like chainsaw man either, its like he never dies. But I feel so stupid. I screamed at a part, I'm pretty sure it was in 5-1. I was walking down a hallway and I knew that there would be something around the corner, and then a guy with a gas mask and tazer jumped out (even though they aren't even scary). I think the reason it scared me so much was because I was playing the game for so long that day and the tension was building up. :-[ :-[

Cousintony

[quote author=dark_zero link=topic=129.msg6853#msg6853 date=1211582623]
i hate when the gandos appear out of no where lol scary or when you have to beat a bunch of them while hiding in the cabin
[/quote]

Yea.. those ganados are sneaky. Too sneaky ;D

Dos

First time I played the game Oven Man scared the hell out of me. The way he bursts out is just so sudden and unexpected.

I found Mendez very scary the first time I came across him. Something about his slow, deliberate, limping walk is very unnerving. Even to this day, without 'ridiculous' weapons I've never completely mastered the art of fighting him- he's the one boss I've never been able to work out a concrete strategy for.

For the sheer "oh sh1t" sort of scare, nothing beats a Dr Salvador though.

greaterbadass

The Strategic One
Regenerators scared the $**T out of me first time through. Just hearing that low breathing noise freaked me out, especially with that eerie music in the prison o_O

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Candidates:

The Salvador that comes when you enter the village house.
Del Lago.
Snakes.
The first Novistador.
The cage Garrador.
Verdugo.

Not all of these "pop out". But SNAKES do, and they are the creature that can startle me over and over again.

Dos

And not even a creature, but bear traps have that real startling potential too. Some of them blend in with the ground and can be quite hard to see, especially at night. And some of the bear traps that have been laid in Chapter 4-3 are almost buried and hidden behind corners, making it quite easy to get 'sprung' seemingly out of nowhere!

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
It sounds random, but Regenerators and Dr. Salvadors. Nothing at RE4 is more scary than a drunken rapist running behind you or a psyco killer chasing you, eager to chop your head off.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Perhaps when you turn around to a Salvador.

Anybody else remember the Del Lago, before the fight, when you shoot at the water, that was nice.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Candidates:

The Salvador that comes when you enter the village house.
Del Lago.
Snakes.
The first Novistador.
The cage Garrador.
Verdugo.

Not all of these "pop out". But SNAKES do, and they are the creature that can startle me over and over again.
I have since met Regenerators and Iron Maidens, and sure do they have scare factor. But they don't just "pop out" like the topic title describes. You hear them before you see them and this tickles the nerves. I think Regenerators are more scary than Maidens because they BITE you. AAAH!

This thread should be moved to the "General" section if it's about the entire serie's and not just "4".

Could a Mod please lend a hand?

The whole thread except maybe three posts is about RE4 and the thread will stay in RE4 forum.

Perhaps when you turn around to a Salvador.

Anybody else remember the Del Lago, before the fight, when you shoot at the water, that was nice.

Sure I remember that guy! I got scared already at the cut scene when he swallowed the police man.

Devinelogic

Nemesis in RE3 when he just runs onscreen when you are on the streets. I hate that dude sooooo bad. And that one bit in re4 on the island when that guy bursts out of the oven. totally unexpected and made me jump out my skin.

Top Bottom