• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which is harder - REmake2 or R3make3?

Which is harder -REmake2 or REmake3?

• REmake2

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Remake3

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I saw this question on another forum and it had me curious what people here think about the subject.

The original thread compared 100% completions with any possible aids the game has to offer like the stupid OP knife in REmake2 or the Infinite Launcher in REmake3. My personal curiosity is not so strict. Generally speaking, which game did you find more difficult and why?

Personally I have found REmake3 to be much harder because, as useful as the dodge is, it can still be difficult to pull off in a pinch and when I play Inferno (without the Infinite Launcher which I robbed myself of) it literally has me sweating. On the other hand, I can run through REmake2 on Hardcore with little to no problems EXCEPT for G4. Even still, I would rather face him than Final Nemmy and that dumb stun lock.

D

Deleted member 21244

I personally think re 3 remake is harder, but since you can use coin and infinite weapon it's definitely easyer

Re 2 remake at least had the s+ rank that was only obtainable whitout the use of any special items and infinite weapon

But assume we are going to play the two game on the hardest difficulty whitout special item, than re 3 reame it's the hardest, especially if we go for the s rank on inferno whitout special item, it's nearly impossible to do, while hardcore s+ rank in re 2 remake was possible even if it was hard.

In re 3 remake you are also forced to master the dodge mechanic to win most of nemesis boss battle on inferno while in re 2 remake you can simply run

I'm still stack at the flamethrower boss battle whit nemesis on inferno whit no special item, i did it thousand of time i spend day on it, no boss battle on hardcore took this much on re 2... So yeah re 3 it's definitely the hardest, and in my opinion is the hardest re ever on inferno, no other re was this hard... It's more like sekiro in my opinion, you have to perfectly dodge or you are screw

Last edited by a moderator:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I agree with most of what you said. I think having all those bonus items in REmake3 does make certain runs easier, but even then I think they are harder than REmake2 S+ hardcore. That being said I don't really think RE2 hardcore was really too difficult.

I think that the Hardcore S+ run is still easier than doing, say, Nightmare or Inferno without special items. I don't know why they removed S+ from REmake3 but I still think if you're going to compare one playthrough style to another (for example the hardest difficulty with no bonus items), REmake3 would win hands down.

Also, I've seen opinions on both sides of the fence as to whether the infinite launcher makes a considerable difference with final nemmy which I can't vouch for either way. In order for me to finally beat Nightmare I had to use the Rai-den because I kept getting stunlocked when I would reload anything, so I figured I would switch to something that didn't need to be reloaded lol. I never ever had this much difficulty on anything in REmake2.

D

Deleted member 21244

I agree with most of what you said. I think having all those bonus items in REmake3 does make certain runs easier, but even then I think they are harder than REmake2 S+ hardcore. That being said I don't really think RE2 hardcore was really too difficult.

I think that the Hardcore S+ run is still easier than doing, say, Nightmare or Inferno without special items. I don't know why they removed S+ from REmake3 but I still think if you're going to compare one playthrough style to another (for example the hardest difficulty with no bonus items), REmake3 would win hands down.

Also, I've seen opinions on both sides of the fence as to whether the infinite launcher makes a considerable difference with final nemmy which I can't vouch for either way. In order for me to finally beat Nightmare I had to use the Rai-den because I kept getting stunlocked when I would reload anything, so I figured I would switch to something that didn't need to be reloaded lol. I never ever had this much difficulty on anything in REmake2.
The infinite rocket launcher definitely make the final boss easyer you just need two shoot to make evey red orb explode, while whitout it you must destroy every single one of them, and it's very very hard...

Yeah re 2 remake s+ rank was definitely easyer than re 3 remake harder difficultly...

Still stack whit nemesis on inferno whitout special item and I'm not even going for the s rank ahahaah every enemy kill you in one hit so you cannot even heal while on re 2 remake you take two hit to die on hardcore so you can use you re healing item after the first hit at least

So if you are doing re 3 remake inferno s rank whitout any special item you must play perfectly, zero errors, and you can save only 5 times, if a zombie grabs you it's done... Also nemesis run faster than wesker on inferno XD and zombie are so aggressive that even after you dodge them they continue to chase you

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Yea I'm nowhere near trying to do Inferno with no items. I currently at least carry the health recovery and iron defense coins and usually the infinite rifle. Last night I managed to get to the chase sequence just before the sewer and died to Nemmy stun lock before I could could remove the metal.

It irritated me enough having gone through the first bit of R3 without bonuses having to dodge past the one zombie to go into the warehouse. The first time I did it I just flew in by but I wasted a good amount of time at the beginning so I wanted to start over. Ended up failing epicly several times before I made it back into the city unscathed. So I'm not ready to go through a full game of that, although I may do one run with more than 5 saves so I can figure out where to strategically save in the S run. So far I figured: After the Power Station and before Nemesis fights. I feel like I can make it though the hospital ok but hunters suck so who knows.

D

Deleted member 21244

Yea I'm nowhere near trying to do Inferno with no items. I currently at least carry the health recovery and iron defense coins and usually the infinite rifle. Last night I managed to get to the chase sequence just before the sewer and died to Nemmy stun lock before I could could remove the metal.

It irritated me enough having gone through the first bit of R3 without bonuses having to dodge past the one zombie to go into the warehouse. The first time I did it I just flew in by but I wasted a good amount of time at the beginning so I wanted to start over. Ended up failing epicly several times before I made it back into the city unscathed. So I'm not ready to go through a full game of that, although I may do one run with more than 5 saves so I can figure out where to strategically save in the S run. So far I figured: After the Power Station and before Nemesis fights. I feel like I can make it though the hospital ok but hunters suck so who knows.
If you manage to get the rocket launcher you can actually make the whole inferno run whitout saving one time like i did getting you the s rank easy, but of course you must remember the game very well to remember zombie licker and hunter that jump on you from corner

If you didn't have the rocket launcher, than, yeah, saving before nemesis fights is the best think to do

5 saves, i suggest you this
1: before nemesis flamethrower battle
2: before nemesis second form boss battle
3: before the zombie attack on the hospital
4: before nemesis second form boss battle 2
5: before nemesis third form boss battle

The rpd part is also intricate so be careful

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I won't be able to afford the rocket launcher until after I beat Inferno probably, because I only have about 8000 pts and the rocket launcher is 62000 if I remember correctly. I'll need to go back and do the math for the 2000 zombie kills and the grenade launcher/magnum/handgun kills. I suppose that might work? I don't know how many pts you get from beating inferno with an S rank because you get 3 records from that - inferno completion, completion with an S rank, and Jill Valentine.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I voted for RE3R because I feel like on harder modes, you can die so much more easily from even typical zombies. Everything, everywhere is trying to kill you. It's almost unbalanced. But I suppose that is why we run through harder difficulties.

The one thing RE2R has that is more difficult is the resource management. That game hardly gives you any ammo or healing in the earlier parts of the game. Sure, by the end, you're stocked up if you played well - but up until and ESPECIALLY in the RPD parking garage areas, you are fighting for every scrap you can get your hands on. But once you get in to the sewers, and especially the Nest, the game is pretty easy.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I voted for RE3R because I feel like on harder modes, you can die so much more easily from even typical zombies. Everything, everywhere is trying to kill you. It's almost unbalanced. But I suppose that is why we run through harder difficulties.

The one thing RE2R has that is more difficult is the resource management. That game hardly gives you any ammo or healing in the earlier parts of the game. Sure, by the end, you're stocked up if you played well - but up until and ESPECIALLY in the RPD parking garage areas, you are fighting for every scrap you can get your hands on. But once you get in to the sewers, and especially the Nest, the game is pretty easy.

I kind of agree with this and I kind of don't, only because when I do my REmake2 runs I literally only fight G so ammo isn't generally a problem for me (a except for G4, which isn't even hard just an ammo suck). You just need to allocate your grenades properly. Throughout all of the police station you're generally fine with a handful of stun grenades well timed.

D

Deleted member 21244

True, re 2 remake had less ammo while re 3 remake is full of it, didn't think about it... Infact on inferno the ammo is the last thing i think about

@Rain611 i actually don't know how much point you get from finishing inferno, i actually don't know how points are Hearne, i just played and it gives me point... I only know that finishing challenge give you extra point

Rain611

You can't kill me.
True, re 2 remake had less ammo while re 3 remake is full of it, didn't think about it... Infact on inferno the ammo is the last thing i think about

@Rain611 i actually don't know how much point you get from finishing inferno, i actually don't know how points are Hearne, i just played and it gives me point... I only know that finishing challenge give you extra point

If you look at the Records page it tells you a bunch of different 'challenges' to complete in the game and how many pts it gives you for completing those. Some of them are hidden though so I don't know for sure. I guess I could Google it but where's the fun in that?

D

Deleted member 21244

If you look at the Records page it tells you a bunch of different 'challenges' to complete in the game and how many pts it gives you for completing those. Some of them are hidden though so I don't know for sure. I guess I could Google it but where's the fun in that?
True
I think that finishing the game give you points, and depending on the rank you made you get extra point, as well as finishing it on harder difficulty, but not sure

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I say RE3R. Your enemies are much faster and more aggressive and they throw more at you at one time than in RE2R. I honestly think the coins just level the playing field in harder difficulties. They don't really give you an advantage, they just make it so you don't die in one hit.

Mr.R

I'm not a speed runner, nor I normally don't go for S rankings and anything, but even just as a normal play, RE3R is way harder. Just the fact that, even on Standard, Nemesis can stun lock and kill you with punches if he gets you in the right place, is enough. RE3R has less (if any) invincibility frames during Jill's recover animations upon being hit by anything, instead of RE2R, which has way more frames where you can't be hit. Also, even on the hardest difficulty, the defense itens can save you in RE2, if you're low on health, which is a luxury we don't have on 3. Even if RE2's zombies are more bullet spongy than 3, I still think that 3 has harder boss battles, more dangerous enemies overall and Nemesis can screw a perfect run easier than Mr.X can do. I'm still yet to tackle Inferno mode, but no way I'm gonna do it without the medals (the health and the recovery ones). I can try without infinite ammo weapons, but I'm rarely in a mood for one hit kills from anyone.

RedfieldFan

Despite RE3 having harder difficulties, I still pick RE2 as the harder game when it comes to get the platinum trophy. It's mostly because the infinite weapons are much harder to unlock in RE2, at least for me.
Also because you have to complete 4th Survivor which I found a challenge.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I can admit the Tofus are challenging, but at least they had some level of entertainment, watching a piece of tofu crawl through a sewer while yelling in Japanese XD.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Tough one. I'd say RE2 is easier overall, but the boss fights are more difficult than RE3. So I'd say they're pretty well-balanced, at least on the normal difficulties.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Tough one. I'd say RE2 is easier overall, but the boss fights are more difficult than RE3. So I'd say they're pretty well-balanced, at least on the normal difficulties.

That is 100% true. You're absolutely right. The boss fights are much better crafted and harder in RE2R. After the first Nemesis stalk mission, the rest of the Nemesis fights are a joke unless you're on Nightmare or Inferno.

One thing I will say additionally about how much easier I found RE2R - the Ivy zombies in the NEST can automatically kill you. But I never found that out because I killed them so quickly every time I get to that part. I had to find out from someone on this website that they can one hit kill you. Lickers are still a big issue for me though. haha

Top Bottom