• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which games do you love and hate the most?

black 93

Love Remake, RE2, Revelations 2, RE5, CVX

Like Zero, RE4 ( too played out) RE6, RE3

Everything else is solid, i wouldnt say i hate any RE but i dislike RE7 for it's lacklusture story and characters ( honestly you could skip RE7 and miss nothing in terms of story) and Revelations 1 to me only got as much love as it did because many people were just coming off RE6 the first time they played. Mind you, i played it before RE6 and i still preferred 6.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Oh let me count the ways...

Favorites:
RECVX-I like the original, but this one is a little bit better.
RE4-Two thumbs up
REO #1 and #2-These games are not really well known, but I have a real soft spot for them.

Dislikes:
ORC-this game made my head hurt.
Umbrella Corps-This game was a big waste of time...
RE6-A cluttered mess this is

Rain611

You can't kill me.
My favorites are Code Veronica X and Resident Evil 2.

My least favorites are Resident Evil 3 and Resident Evil 4.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I've liked just about every RE game I've played, except for ORC. I've only played REmake, 0, 2, 4. 5, 6, Rev 1 + 2, and ORC. I've liked all the other ones to a degree or another, and by that I mean I didn't hate them.

Ashi

I love them all up until RE5 (besides RE0), although I still enjoyed it, the rest since then I've enjoyed too, besides RE6. That's the only one I could really say I've hated in the main series.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
And why the hell would Wesker even have a son with some woman? He's evil!

And he's gay!

But on a serious note- psychopaths/sociopaths have been known to lead seemingly normal lives despite their evil ways.

Jake was, surprisingly, one of the few new additions that I enjoyed from RE6 (despite Capcom's reasons for randomly creating his character and throwing him into the mix). There were some decent concepts with this game but Capcom needed to completely re-write and refocus the game's story.

I can't say that I truly hate any one game from the series as I've enjoyed each entry in some way, but the games that I will always LOVE are: REmake/1996, Code Veronica, RE5, REvelations 2

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
And he's gay!

But on a serious note- psychopaths/sociopaths have been known to lead seemingly normal lives despite their evil ways.

Jake was, surprisingly, one of the few new additions that I enjoyed from RE6 (despite Capcom's reasons for randomly creating his character and throwing him into the mix). There were some decent concepts with this game but Capcom needed to completely re-write and refocus the game's story.

I can't say that I truly hate any one game from the series as I've enjoyed each entry in some way, but the games that I will always LOVE are: REmake/1996, Code Veronica, RE5, REvelations 2

Wesker denying Excella's advances in RE5 kinda struck me as him having "gay tendencies" LOL.

As for RE5, I hear Capcom really were planning to run with Jill being dead as shown in the first trailer when Chris was visiting her grave, but the (perfectly understandable) rabid fan backlash made them change their mind. I can't find any official sources to confirm this info, though.

Ironically, I heard Chris was originally supposed to die in RE6 and pass the torch onto Piers, but they apparently had second thoughts about killing off a beloved character there as well.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Oh they would have received extreme backlash from me if they killed off my virtual boyfriend. :p

I remember hearing Barry was supposed to be Chris' partner in RE5. That could have been great.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Oh they would have received extreme backlash from me if they killed off my virtual boyfriend. :p

I remember hearing Barry was supposed to be Chris' partner in RE5. That could have been great.

They would've gotten sh!t from me hundredfold if they killed off my waifu in RE5. Jill was my first gaming crush. I be like:

But Barry in RE5 could've been interesting. It would've been nice to see them catch up after all that transpired since RE1/REmake and made the Jill altercation all the more personal. Barry meeting his sister in Revelations 2 (and getting the post-Kijuju e-mail from Jill) was a fine alternative, though.

Last edited:

HookerZombie

Wesker denying Excella's advances in RE5 kinda struck me as him having "gay tendencies" LOL.

As for RE5, I hear Capcom really were planning to run with Jill being dead as shown in the first trailer when Chris was visiting her grave, but the (perfectly understandable) rabid fan backlash made them change their mind. I can't find any official sources to confirm this info, though.

Ironically, I heard Chris was originally supposed to die in RE6 and pass the torch onto Piers, but they apparently had second thoughts about killing off a beloved character there as well.

I always assumed Wesker was a pervert who had a thing for Alexia. He also kept a picture of Rebecca in a skimpy basketball uniform in his desk in the STARS office, and when he kidnapped Jill he dressed her in a skin tight battlesuit and dyed her hair bleach blonde. I think the only reason he rejected Excella's advances was because he's not into obvious sluts. :p

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I always assumed Wesker was a pervert who had a thing for Alexia. He also kept a picture of Rebecca in a skimpy basketball uniform in his desk in the STARS office, and when he kidnapped Jill he dressed her in a skin tight battlesuit and dyed her hair bleach blonde. I think the only reason he rejected Excella's advances was because he's not into obvious sluts. :p

Actually, I heard Jill's exposure to the chemicals while being experimented on by Wesker is what turned her hair blonde.

HookerZombie

Honestly I love Resident Evil but I can admit to not liking every game in the series. Capcom has increasingly made such drastic changes to the games after RE4 with the story and gameplay style so the series resembles nothing of what it was originally. And after RE5 the newer games are getting increasingly more disappointing because Capcom chooses to focus more on the action than the horror.

I want my classic survival horror back damnit! :mad:

Top Bottom