• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which games do you love and hate the most?

HookerZombie

My choice:

Games I Love: Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil Remake, Resident Evil Outbreak File#1.

Games I Hate: Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil Revelations, Resident Evil Code Veronica.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I don't really "hate" any of the games except 6, Umbrella Corps and some of the first-person rail shooters like Survivor (excluding Umbrella Chronicles and The Dark Side Chronicles, those were actually good).

Oh, and ORC. And only one of these is actually canon, so...

But my absolute favorite entries from the series are REmake, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 and Revelations 2.

HookerZombie

And I know it may seem silly why I hated Code Veronica but here are my reasons why:

1. The villain Alexia pathed the way for all these annoying superhuman villains with powers who can control their mutations like Marcus, Saddler, Salazar, and even Wesker (I'm not really a fan of him like everybody else seems to be).

2. Steve was such an annoying asshole of a character and I felt no sympathy for him when he died (seriously I don't think I have ever been annoyed by a Resident Evil character as much as I was by that redheaded Canadian punk on crack).

3. The graphics looked ugly compared to the old games (I actually liked the prerendered graphics better).

Turo602

The King of Kings
Love: REmake, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 4.

Like: Resident Evil 3, 0, 5, Revelations, and Revelations 2.

Like a lot less: Resident Evil 6.

Hate: Resident Evil 7.

I haven't played CVX yet, so can't say.

HookerZombie

Is that supposed to be an insult? Should I be offended by this? :neutral::razz:
Only to Steve lol. And I've got nothing against Canadians they have delicous fat bacon and maple syrup. :D

Edit: I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Steve is Canadian plus he has an accent.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Only to Steve lol. And I've got nothing against Canadians they have delicous fat bacon and maple syrup. :D

Edit: I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Steve is Canadian plus he has an accent.
Haha, we've also got poutine and Nanaimo bars.

Anyway, on topic, I love all the RE games. Honestly, I don't think I've ever actually disliked any game that I've played. Maybe it's because I adapt to things so easily.

HookerZombie

Haha, we've also got poutine and Nanaimo bars.

Anyway, on topic, I love all the RE games. Honestly, I don't think I've ever actually disliked any game that I've played. Maybe it's because I adapt to things so easily.
For me I have my top favorites as listed above and the rest I liked OK but the ones I hate I hate so much that I would never bother to replay them. I never really hated any of the games until RE6 came out.

Also I never played Operation Raccoon City but from the looks of it I don't think I would like it either. I just don't see the appeal behind playing as a bunch of nobody badguys who team up to kill all the Resident Evil heroes in Raccoon City that we've come to love...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
:biggrin: Love: Revelations 2, RE1/REmake, RE2, Nemesis

:smile: Like: RE6, RE5, Operation Raccoon City, Revelations 1

:neutral: Dislike: Zero, Code Veronica, RE4

:mad: Pretend it never happened: RE7

HookerZombie

I like to pretend that RE6 never existed. In fact I prefer to think that these game's ongoing story ended after Wesker was killed in Resident Evil 5 (seriously who the hell thought it would be a good idea to give him a son who turns into a supposed goodguy?).

Turo602

The King of Kings
I like to pretend that RE6 never existed. In fact I prefer to think that these game's ongoing story ended after Wesker was killed in Resident Evil 5 (seriously who the hell thought it would be a good idea to give him a son who turns into a supposed goodguy?).

Jake is the absolute worst character in the entire series. Going the "Wesker has a secret son" route was retarded, sure, but he didn't have to be such a try hard, bitchy, whiny, wannabe cool guy, stupid character. The only thing worse than him is the direction Resident Evil 7 went in. Now I kinda wish Wesker would have killed Chris and Sheva in that f*ckin' volcano and accomplished his goal of complete global saturation. All this sh*t would have been avoided and Wesker would be hailed the true hero.

HookerZombie

Yeah I agree Jake is such an unlikable jerk of a character and it's obvious that the only reason he was created at all was because Capcom knew that a lot of fans were mad about Wesker finally being killed in RE5. Frankly Wesker's death didn't bother me because he's supposed to be the VILLAIN! All villains have to be killed or defeated eventually no matter how popular they are among fans. And why the hell would Wesker even have a son with some woman? He's evil!

Roku

Games I love: Resident Evil 1|Remake, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Revelations 1 and Resident Evil Revelations 2.

Resident Evil 5 is the game that I've enjoyed less. I don't hate it, I actually like it, but I find the first half of the game boring, also, I'm not a fan of the setting, so probably there is that too.
The DLC, Lost in Nightmare, on the other hand is absolutely fantastic. I love it!

I never played RE0 (I'm planning to, though), and I'm playing RE7 right now, so I dunno where it falls yet.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yeah I agree Jake is such an unlikable jerk of a character and it's obvious that the only reason he was created at all was because Capcom knew that a lot of fans were mad about Wesker finally being killed in RE5. Frankly Wesker's death didn't bother me because he's supposed to be the VILLAIN! All villains have to be killed or defeated eventually no matter how popular they are among fans. And why the hell would Wesker even have a son with some woman? He's evil!

Wesker's death bothers me a whole lot, not because they finally killed him, but because of how poorly executed it was. His death should have brought both sides of the series together, the Chris and Jill side and Leon and Ada side. But instead, they rushed it as soon as Shinji Mikami left and have been struggling ever since.

HookerZombie

Wesker's death bothers me a whole lot, not because they finally killed him, but because of how poorly executed it was. His death should have brought both sides of the series together, the Chris and Jill side and Leon and Ada side. But instead, they rushed it as soon as Shinji Mikami left and have been struggling ever since.
I think I see your point. They could have handled his final battle in a better way and it seemed unfair that Sheva stole Jill's right to shoot Wesker in the end. After all Wesker was more an enemy of Chris and Jill than he was Sheva.

But I don't see Wesker's death connecting with Leon and Ada. Leon had nothing to do with Wesker and Ada was working for the guy (even though she was stabbing him in the back as a double agent).

Turo602

The King of Kings
I think I see your point. They could have handled his final battle in a better way and it seemed unfair that Sheva stole Jill's right to shoot Wesker in the end. After all Wesker was more an enemy of Chris and Jill than he was Sheva.

But I don't see Wesker's death connecting with Leon and Ada. Leon had nothing to do with Wesker and Ada was working for the guy (even though she was stabbing him in the back as a double agent).

This is why the narrative from 4 and onwards has bothered me. Because 4 opens up with Umbrella being shut down through a narration from Leon, when originally, the game was actually about taking down Umbrella. It was even said that Chris and Jill were going to be featured in the game in some capacity. All the games were ending with "I'm taking down Umbrella" so naturally, you'd think both sides would crossover and take down Umbrella and Wesker down once and for all. I just feel like there's been so many missed opportunities. The fact that Leon never met Wesker is just disappointing.

HookerZombie

This is why the narrative from 4 and onwards has bothered me. Because 4 opens up with Umbrella being shut down through a narration from Leon, when originally, the game was actually about taking down Umbrella. It was even said that Chris and Jill were going to be featured in the game in some capacity. All the games were ending with "I'm taking down Umbrella" so naturally, you'd think both sides would crossover and take down Umbrella and Wesker down once and for all. I just feel like there's been so many missed opportunities. The fact that Leon never met Wesker is just disappointing.
Yeah I agree. We never got the conclusion of Umbrella being taken down that fans deserved.

Top Bottom