• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which FEMALE character is better?

The best female character is...

• Jill Valentine

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • Claire Redfield

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Ada Wong

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
Im gonna have to say jil, even though claire is the civi-hero, I still wanted to vote jill. She started the games, and is still in them, sure it was a crappy cont. (Re5) but still she was in it. And who could forget her badassness in re3...anyone who can wear a mini skirt, holter top and knee high boots while killing zombies and nemisis is a-okay in my books.

Ada I just never liked her for some reason. Lol

Dr. O-T

Master Blaster Dr. O
I'm going with Ada, now mind you I like Claire and Jill but Ada is one of the most mysterious characters out there, we know her current mission is when she's doing it and that she's a spy for an organization but that's all we know. No real knowledge on her past or her motives and on top of that being a badass? She definitely gets my vote for best female.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
In my opinion i'd take Ada as best female character. She's the only one who is mysterious. We don't know nothing about her past. I really like that.

Last edited:

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
I Think they´re all owesome.Claire for all the reasons everyone said,jill because she is indeed Leon´s female version and Ada,with whom i can relate to. It´s really hard to choose just one,but i ended up voting for Ada. =)

TJay

Premium
I voted for Ada Wong.

She's mysterious, important, ruthless & amazing. She looks good in red & who doesn't love a grappling hook? She's captivated me since the very start & she was the first RE action figure I had.

The fact we still don't know everything about Ada, yet she is so important to the series she was always subtly embedded from the first game is fascinating.

I simply adore Miss Wong.

A very, very close 2nd for me is Claire though. I think she is amazing in a totally different way.

Jill would be nowhere near 3rd.

ToriJ

Resident Critic
I can't choose between Jill and Claire. Both have been through a lot in canon and they're both awesome in their own way, the perfect Red versus Blue. If there was ever a RE game where they were your only choice of characters to play I'd take forever in the character selection menu.

One-Winged Angel

Cecil "There is sorrow in those wintery eyes..."
My vote would definitely be Claire , since she's so lovely and suave oh i adore her so much :love: and actually emotional and protective not too cocky and heartless like Ada , oh as for Jill what can i say she fought Nemesis alone what a Badass lady she is and better mention that she's my second favorite female character in the series <3

AlexiaAshford

. Unlike Ada (although I like her too), she's a person you can really trust and rely on, and even if Jill would probably do a better job protecting me from the virus monsters, it's Claire I would prefer to hang out with on a personal level. She's just the nicest!

I agree wholeheartedly. However, if we think about it -- even though Jill is more trained in combat than Claire is, no doubts –- does that really mean she did a better job at saving people or even herself? In RE2, Claire made it out alive protecting a little girl and receiving some help from Leon now and then, whereas in RE3 Jill didn’t have to take care of anyone but herself and needed help all the time from Carlos. Hell, Carlos himself even said “rescuing you is becoming a full-time job” to her or something like this.
Summarizing, Jill is more capable (theoretically), but Claire demonstrated more competence during the Raccoon incident.

I also voted for Claire. While I do like Ada, there is a human aspect in Claire’s character that I just don’t see in her and about Jill... well, she has the depth of a piece of paper. She is indeed a Mary Sue -- there is almost nothing to characterize her besides being “in the side of the good guys”.

lydia

Ada is my favourite, but I love Claire too.

Jill just seems so boring and perfect- nothing intriguing about her to me.

One-Winged Angel

Cecil "There is sorrow in those wintery eyes..."
It's funny how two years can change ones' mind. I gotta go with Claire now. My original favorite. She's just got more... emotion & I like that about her!
Yeah i totally agree with you ,Claire just seems the one that you can relate too the most , i like to prefer the more sensitive and the humble character over the cocky and emotionless one anyday .

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
JILLLLLLLL!!! *Ahem* I mean, Jill is awesome. Jill is life.
I don't get how Jill is Leon's female counterpart. Jill doesn't hit on every guy or have a weird haircut. Jill is much better, in my opinion. xD

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
For me it'll be always Jill Valentine. I'm extremely biased when it comes to her. I've always preferred a strong female character over male character in video gaming, although I'm male myself, lol. She shares with Lara Croft the 1st place in my all time favorite video game character list. Sure she might be boring a little bit, but I still think she's amazing in many regards and I respect and admire her on many levels. And I used to have a crush on her as a little boy, but I still think she's the most attractive woman in RE.

You know, I'm really attached to her character, because I played with her two times in a row. I played RE1 first, and my second was RE3 (I live in Germany and Germans are quite bitchy when it comes to violent game. RE2 wasn't even released here in the first place)

But it saddens me how they treated her in recent years... They turned her into a gimmick who only appears alongside Chris in games as cameo or DLC character and they didn't try to put much effort in her character like they did in RE3 as they heavily focus on the male cast now. As much as I love and support Valenfield but I think Jill needs to be on her own again as Chris only tends to steal her spotlight and makes her look like a character of lesser importance.

I like Ada Wong (2nd place) and Claire Redfield (3rd place) too, but nobody can ever replace Jill for me ;)

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
You know, I'm really attached to her character, because I played with her two times in a row. I played RE1 first, and my second was RE3 (I live in Germany and Germans are quite bitchy when it comes to violent game. RE2 wasn't even released here in the first place)

But it saddens me how they treated her in recent years... They turned her into a gimmick who only appears alongside Chris in games as cameo or DLC character and they didn't try to put much effort in her character like they did in RE3 as they heavily focus on the male cast now. As much as I love and support Valenfield but I think Jill needs to be on her own again as Chris only tends to steal her spotlight and makes her look like a character of lesser importance.

I like Ada Wong (2nd place) and Claire Redfield (3rd place) too, but nobody can ever replace Jill for me ;)

Oh,so you´re german? I live in Germany too. =)

"Germans are quite bitchy when it comes to violent game." Yeah they kinda exagerate...
Even when buying 18+ games all the shop staff kinda looks at me funny and always ask for my ID.... Really? I don´t look that young..... XD
You serious about RE2? Man.... good thing that it was in Portugal. I still have the game...even though it´s quite damaged due to use...

Even though Jill´s not my favourite female character (Claire and Ada are) i kinda understand what you mean. For a main character they have forgotten her a bit.I never played Re1 or 3, but i cleared Revelations. =)

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Oh,so you´re german? I live in Germany too. =)

"Germans are quite bitchy when it comes to violent game." Yeah they kinda exagerate...
Even when buying 18+ games all the shop staff kinda looks at me funny and always ask for my ID.... Really? I don´t look that young..... XD
You serious about RE2? Man.... good thing that it was in Portugal. I still have the game...even though it´s quite damaged due to use...

Even though Jill´s not my favourite female character (Claire and Ada are) i kinda understand what you mean. For a main character they have forgotten her a bit.I never played Re1 or 3, but i cleared Revelations. =)
Thats's cool, seems like I'm not the only one here ;) Well technically I'm Polish, but I was born and raised in Germany, so yeah.
Gladly Germans aren't so strict anymore (The Evil Within was released here and the game was pretty gory. Lots of blood and body parts xD I remember in RE3 Jill and other creatures had grey blood x'D Oh those Germans and their censoring...)

Jill was not only forgotten, but they completely mess her up on many levels. They constantly change her face and voice, which makes many Jill fans furious. She looks more like Lara Croft now than herself. I mean why has Chris pretty much the same voice and face for years now and Jill doesn't? That truly baffles me. Also it annoys me that they changed Claire's voice actress. Alyson Court is Claire Redfield, just like Julia Voth(face model) is Jill Valentine. I hope both will appear in RE7 as leads, but first they need to fix that mess.

I think Capcom should stop crushing on their male characters, because there are many who prefer the ladies. I for one would pick Jill Valentine over Chris Redfield anyday

Top Bottom