• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which FEMALE character is better?

The best female character is...

• Jill Valentine

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • Claire Redfield

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Ada Wong

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
No, I'm not a feminist, but since we have a poll about the three most important male characters here, I was surprised not to find a female version. The series has lots of lovely ladies, but there are three that clearly outshine all the rest, and now I want to see their popularity measured against each other.

Jill Valentine is RE’s first heroine and, if my sources are correct, the first female character to use strong language in a game. Fifteen years of fighting bioterrorism have left her scarred, both physically and mentally, but she never lets it show. In some way she’s Leon’s female counterpart: Always calm and collected, she never lets emotions get in her way (except when it comes to Chris, or Ada in Leon’s case) and sees things through to the end, even if it means risking her own life for the greater good. Will she risk her reputation this time, trying to find out whether or not she’s this forum’s favourite?

Claire Redfield is the first and (so far) only motorcycle-loving woman in the series. She’s a Chris type: hot-headed and emotional, but also protective and caring, although both siblings have a tendency to lose the ones they care about. The only recurring playable civilian was introduced in Resident Evil 2, she continued her journey to find her brother in Code Veronica, but was never seen again in a canon game after that, and fans have been requesting her return ever since. But does that necessarily make her the most popular female RE character?

Ada Wong was introduced as a side character in Resident Evil 2, and an important one at that. Claiming to be a civilian looking for her boyfriend, she quickly won Leon’s heart, but turned out to be a spy working for an organisation we still don’t know anything about, and that’s exactly the deal with this woman: No one knows who she really is, what she really wants, and who or what she will become once she has it. If Wesker had a sex change and was not so obviously evil, he might as well be called Ada. Has the mysterious double agent won your heart too?

Mary Sue versus the Tomboy versus Femme Fatale. Whose side are you on?

Fenris

Wolf :)
In my opinion, the best female character is Jill. She has the smarts and swiftness to survive on her own and shows that she is equal to the others in RE1, but still acts like a women. In the progress of the series she has been thrown into several nightmares (Mansion incident, Raccon City incident or being captured by Wesker) has been able to overcome them and had the skills to kill one of the most dangerous BOWs, Nemesis. She has developed from "Barry help me please!" or "What is this?" to "Don't worry I've done this before" and "You sure know how to keep a girl waiting." I have to admit I had a little crush on Jill when I first played Resident Evil, but even now I really like Jill and I think she is a great character to play with. I would love to see her have some adventures on her own (like in RE3) without Chris or any other main character maybe then we will learn more about her. I also approve that she is loyal to her comrades and possesses a very deep friendship with Chris Redfield and has proven that she would even die for him in RE5 (It's unknown if they are more than friends. Personally, I ship ChrisxJill) Yes she might suffer from some lack of personality and some people call her a Mary Sue. But still I like her attitude and her character. Jill ist not the perfect Videogame hero but she has the important values and morals that makes her my favorite female character.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Claire Redfield because she's still Claire Redfield. Claire still has her same long time voice actress, still has her same look that fans love and she's still caring and protective. She hasn't been ruined........yet.

Jill has turned into a ugly Lara Croft rip off and well Ada is still ok but I don't like her new look either.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I can't decide. I like them all. I like Claire's personality, Jill's determination, and Ada's mysteriousness.

I really try to avoid having one absolute favorite character above all others, because they all have at least one quality I like about them. (maybe not Irving, Salazar and Irons)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
"The sandwich of course"? Well, I would prefer a Jill Sandwich over Jill herself, but does that count? :D

As people can probably imagine, my vote goes to Claire. She's been my favourite almost since the first day I played RE2. She's unique in that she's a civilian who always ends up in Zombieland for personal reasons, not because it's her job. Unlike Ada (although I like her too), she's a person you can really trust and rely on, and even if Jill would probably do a better job protecting me from the virus monsters, it's Claire I would prefer to hang out with on a personal level. She's just the nicest! However, "nice" does not exclude "cool" in her case, and that's why she's not only my favourite female character out of these three, but in general.
(Also, being friends with Claire increases my chances of meeting her sexy brother sooner or later, hehe! :D )

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Eh, as much as l like them all, I went with Ada. I like the Femme Fatale type, to an extent I like that she's shrouded in mystery, and I've got a thing for Asian chicks, what of it? Also personally she seems to be the most formidable female character in the series. It was tough though, Claire is equally as badass. The only main character that's a civilian, and still overcomes the odds? Saaaweeet!

Also @Story, you always have the best avatars/signatures. If "Psycho" wasn't enough to creep me out whilst showering, Jill did the trick lolz.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Ada Point and period

Re6 4 and 2 nuff said

Jill i started to dislike her for obvious reasons, Claire- Can't say much but i like her more than jill

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I think you know who I voted for :) Claire is the only character in the series that I can really relate too. She is kind, loving, she has a lot of determination and is very protective over the people she cares about. As you said, Claire is the only main character that is a civillian in the series, this makes her very easy to relate too aswell, It's much easier to imagine being in her shoes, being unprepared and thrown into a nightmare like Raccoon city. I could listen to Alyson Court's voice all day, I'm really glad that Capcom haven't replaced her like they have for some of the other characters.

I never used to like Ada in 2 and 4, but I really, really liked her in 6, but still nowhere near as much as Claire. I always thought Jill was kind of meh.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Sigh. I love all the three! Jill, my bad ass vixen. Claire, my first-time RE crush, and Ada, the bitch in red. But, I would say I like Jill > Ada > Claire. Slightly. Jill is just more bad ass. We know more about her, making her more human than Ada, and she's more combatively bad ass than Claire, I think. So yeah, Jill; she's living the dream.

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
Um.. I love all them in ways, but Ada has contributed to at least someone once, which made a world of a difference for them.

svp

Claire, I like cute tomboys ;) Jill is too boring in my opinion and Ada is smexy but too calculating

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
This is like having 3 very distinct types of women in front of you, in theory one would think there can be nothing easier than making this decision but for some reason it is quite impossible to make a choice here.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Jill is the greatest female character hands down. Not just from RE, but from any video game ever. In fact, the only character that even comes close to matching her in her stunning, beauty, greatness, and ferocity is Capcom's very own, Chun-Li.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It's the same as with the male characters: The most flawless hero(ine) comes first, the one with the most flaws (i.e. the "evil" one) is the most unpopular, and the Redfield is in between. I was surprised at that in the other thread (I expected Wesker to be on top), but here, this is exactly the result I predicted to myself when I created the poll.
But it's not over yet, who knows... Perhaps in the end even Ada will be the one to surprise us all with her victory. If I had a second voice, though, it would go to Claire as well.

Top Bottom