• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which characters do you ship together?

meg5493

I always find it interesting to see which characters fans ship when it comes to resident evil. So I'd like to see which characters you guys ship. It can be from the main series or from one of the many spin-off games like outbreak or gaiden.

My two main ships have got to be Claire/Leon since re2 I've really liked their chemistry and then Richard/Rebecca I don't know how I even got into this one but its basically nonexistent in the fandom so thats just an added bonus to my pain.

Everything else is hit or miss or just changes constantly. So just respond with couples you just think are the absolute cutest or sexiest ;) in the series for you!! Think of it like a late valentines day thread if it hasn't already been done.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Jessica and Parker you can feel that there is something between them. and its more than eating dinner.

Steve and Sherry not sure why but they would make a cute couple.

Albert and Alexia they are like two peas in a pod.

meg5493

Albert and Alexia they are like two peas in a pod.
It took me a solid minute to figure out you wrote "Albert" instead of "Alfred" because I was like I guess even though they're twins, but yea man solid villain couple there.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
It took me a solid minute to figure out you wrote "Albert" instead of "Alfred" because I was like I guess even though they're twins, but yea man solid villain couple there.

Well their relationship was sorta established in the game by that sad but catchy song.

Cross

Oldschool Gamer
I always find it strange that Chris and Jill never had anything following what happened in RE5. Too bad.

But I liked a lot what they did with Leon and Ada in RE6. The scenes on the rooftops were awesome to see onscreen.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
cupid_zpse6nqronr.gif

Little_WC_by_xiaofeihui.jpg

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
To me Leon and Ada belong together and its LOOOOOOOONG overdue that they finally act on what they really want (It´s been what now? 15 years? Though Ada did imply in RE Damnation that they may have already consummated that relationship in the past).

On the other hand unlike most other RE fans I do NOT want to see Chris and Jill ever together in a romantic way. They have a wonderful sibling-like friendship. In fact Chris has been more like a big bro to Jill then he has been to Claire. I´d like to keep it that way.

I really loved Sherry and Jakes relationship in RE 6 and the irony of it (as Ada also pointed out) it just so beautiful - the children of two of the worst RE villains (Wesker and Birkin) not only saving the day but also finding hope and love in each other. It´s perfect. I also love their banter with each other.

as for Claire - Piers seemed to have been very taken with her and that would have been a nice couple but we all know that Piers encountered the same fate as all of Claires lovers (Steve, Neil and Piers all died from viral infection. Being Claires love interest seems to be pretty deadly). As for Chris - maybe Chris and Becca would make a nice couple after all these years. They seemed to have remained pretty close (see: Biohazard - The Stage) until this day.

Which leaves Jill (from the main 6 characters). I always had this little fan fiction in my head that Jill was once with someone (pre-RE 1) that she was engaged to but then he was seemingly killed in action (I envisioned him as a military guy as Jill used to be in the Delta Force before STARS). Thats the guy whose picture can be seen on Jills desk in RE 2. and after he was gone, she never really could move on romantically and focused on work instead.

Then someday in the future of RE it´s revealed that John (thats how I named her ex-fiance in my mind) did not die but was in captivity for many years and then he returns but has amnesia and can´t remember Jill. Then eventually he finally regains his memories and he and Jill rekindle their relationship and at the end of the RE series they get finally married. Until then it would be cool if he would be the 2nd in command in Jills BSAA squad (much like Piers was with Chris) or something and fight against bioterror together with her.

But as I said that´s just my personal little Jill fanfic ;)

meg5493

To me Leon and Ada belong together and its LOOOOOOOONG overdue that they finally act on what they really want (It´s been what now? 15 years? Though Ada did imply in RE Damnation that they may have already consummated that relationship in the past).

On the other hand unlike most other RE fans I do NOT want to see Chris and Jill ever together in a romantic way. They have a wonderful sibling-like friendship. In fact Chris has been more like a big bro to Jill then he has been to Claire. I´d like to keep it that way.

I really loved Sherry and Jakes relationship in RE 6 and the irony of it (as Ada also pointed out) it just so beautiful - the children of two of the worst RE villains (Wesker and Birkin) not only saving the day but also finding hope and love in each other. It´s perfect. I also love their banter with each other.

as for Claire - Piers seemed to have been very taken with her and that would have been a nice couple but we all know that Piers encountered the same fate as all of Claires lovers (Steve, Neil and Piers all died from viral infection. Being Claires love interest seems to be pretty deadly). As for Chris - maybe Chris and Becca would make a nice couple after all these years. They seemed to have remained pretty close (see: Biohazard - The Stage) until this day.

Which leaves Jill (from the main 6 characters). I always had this little fan fiction in my head that Jill was once with someone (pre-RE 1) that she was engaged to but then he was seemingly killed in action (I envisioned him as a military guy as Jill used to be in the Delta Force before STARS). Thats the guy whose picture can be seen on Jills desk in RE 2. and after he was gone, she never really could move on romantically and focused on work instead.

Then someday in the future of RE it´s revealed that John (thats how I named her ex-fiance in my mind) did not die but was in captivity for many years and then he returns but has amnesia and can´t remember Jill. Then eventually he finally regains his memories and he and Jill rekindle their relationship and at the end of the RE series they get finally married. Until then it would be cool if he would be the 2nd in command in Jills BSAA squad (much like Piers was with Chris) or something and fight against bioterror together with her.

But as I said that´s just my personal little Jill fanfic ;)

Yeah Jill did seem to have a boyfriend from the picture on her desk. Though I think her and Josh were a really cute couple too from how they acted in 5. Jill's got some pretty good options considering none of them are dead ;)

I like Chris and Sheva as well though most people leave her out, but mainly Chris and Jills relationship in 1 is too cute for me and they have been through a lot. When it comes to Claire she's too cool for half the guys Capcom comes up for her. :mad: And man you sure like Jill a lot.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
Yeah Jill did seem to have a boyfriend from the picture on her desk. Though I think her and Josh were a really cute couple too from how they acted in 5. Jill's got some pretty good options considering none of them are dead ;)

I like Chris and Sheva as well though most people leave her out, but mainly Chris and Jills relationship in 1 is too cute for me and they have been through a lot. When it comes to Claire she's too cool for half the guys Capcom comes up for her. :mad: And man you sure like Jill a lot.

as I said a big NO NO to Chris and Jill to me. A romance would cheapen their relationship. I see them as siblings sharing a great platonic love. I also never thought Jill and Josh had any romantic chemistry whatsoever (he was just a one time partner for her just like Carlos, nothing more). She did have terrific chemistry with Parker, but again this seemed more like a close friendship. I still prefer my personal theory of her and the man in the picture on her desk. I like the idea of Jill never letting go of that. Plus I really hate the concept of man and woman developing romance and being incapable of being close friends instead if they go through a lot together. Thats cliched, cheap and degrading in my book. So yeah I don´t need that with Chris and Jill or Jill and Carlos or Jill and Parker etc.

of course there are exceptions such as Ada and Leon and Sherry and Jake where the constellation was very different from the get go. Ada and Leon had sexual energy and tension between them from the start and you could literally taste the sparks. They are Resident Evils Batman and Catwoman, Daredevil and Elektra, Spider-Man and Black Cat.

And with Jake and Sherry you also sense more then partnership from the start and the constellation of the descendants of Wesker and Birkin together (plus that scene at the end of RE 6 between them on the lift spoke volumes) to bring goodness to the world and literally cure it from evil was just too perfect.

And yeah I always have been and always will be a die hard Jill fan. Most favorite character ever. I am so going to marry her :p

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
as I said a big NO NO to Chris and Jill to me. A romance would cheapen their relationship.
Just out of curiosity, because I've heard this before and I don't really understand it, but how does romance cheapen a relationship? If I fall in love with someone, somehow now that means my relationship with them is cheap?

If it's done tastefully and respectfully, I don't see why it can't happen. I'm not saying I ship Jill and Chris, because I don't really care enough about either character to ship them with anyone... I just think its cliche to say their relationship is cheap if they develop anything but a platonic bond with one another.
as for Claire - Piers seemed to have been very taken with her and that would have been a nice couple but we all know that Piers encountered the same fate as all of Claires lovers
Wait, what? Piers and Claire know each other?

Anyway, I ship myself and Leon. Or myself and young James Marcus solely because he reminds me of Dr Kirk from Dino Crisis. Stud muffin.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
Just out of curiosity, because I've heard this before and I don't really understand it, but how does romance cheapen a relationship? If I fall in love with someone, somehow now that means my relationship with them is cheap?

If it's done tastefully and respectfully, I don't see why it can't happen. I'm not saying I ship Jill and Chris, because I don't really care enough about either character to ship them with anyone... I just think its cliche to say their relationship is cheap if they develop anything but a platonic bond with one another.

Wait, what? Piers and Claire know each other?

Anyway, I ship myself and Leon. Or myself and young James Marcus solely because he reminds me of Dr Kirk from Dino Crisis. Stud muffin.

no it would cheapen their current sibling-like relationship in my book. I myself was in situations where me and a girl considered turning things romantic but ultimately chose against it as we felt that it would cheapen our current deep bond with each other. Sometimes you have such a special bond of friendship that you feel a romance would cheapen it by comparison. I am not saying being in love is always cheaper. I am saying that compared to certain special kinds of platonic relationships a romance could cheapen it and also endanger that relationship as romances rarely last as long as meaningful and deep friendships. Its just my own opinion though and I believe there is a seperate thread for that issue so I don´t wanna get into too much detail here as this is easily a debate on its own.

and yes Piers has met Claire. he has written her at least one e-mail which can be seen as file in Revelations 2.

This is the content of that mail:

"Dear Claire,

On behalf of our unit, I just wanted to say it was real nice to get to see you the other day. Thank you for taking the time to talk with everyone. The guys really appreciated it.

I know you were surprised by the men's reaction upon first seeing you. Let me explain. When we heard that Terra Save would be arriving on location, well, the men knew that you'd be coming and so they got a bit excited over the idea. They'd only heard stories about you, and since you're the Captain's sister, well...let's just say they were expecting someone more along the lines of his build. I tried to tell them otherwise, but their imaginations got the best of them.

So then when you arrived...well, aside from not being what they expected, we don't get to interact with a lot of pretty women in our line of work, so that's why they had the reaction that they did. Then they had to remember that you're the Captain's sister, and it made them all awkward... I'm sorry about that, ma'am.

You probably saw it for yourself, but we all have a lot of admiration and respect for the captain. In addition to being a very capable leader, he treats us like family. He's an inspiration to us all.

Speaking for the men, we're all looking forward to the chance to work with you again. Our paths may not cross often, and I know you're busy, but it'd be nice to talk every now and then, even through email. Just between you and me, if you have any pictures of the Captain when he was younger, I'd sure love to see them! I hear he was very different back then, but he won't show us anything...

There's a lot more I'd like to say, but it's time to get ready for our next posting. These missions aren't easy, but it's nice to know we've got allies such as your organization backing us up. Keep fighting the good fight.

1LT Piers Nivans
BSAA North American Branch "

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
no it would cheapen their current sibling-like relationship in my book. I myself was in situations where me and a girl considered turning things romantic but ultimately chose against it as we felt that it would cheapen our current deep bond with each other. Sometimes you have such a special bond of friendship that you feel a romance would cheapen it by comparison. I am not saying being in love is always cheaper. I am saying that compared to certain special kinds of platonic relationships a romance could cheapen it and also endanger that relationship as romances rarely last as long as meaningful and deep friendships. Its just my own opinion though and I believe there is a seperate thread for that issue so I don´t wanna get into too much detail here as this is easily a debate on its own.
I don't really see the point, from a story-telling perspective, in the series' main protagonist having a sibling-like relationship with the female secondary protagonist, while at the same time having an actual sister who is a very prominent figure in the narrative. It doesn't make much sense to me, and I genuinely don't believe Capcom intended for that either. I think Capcom intended for them to be incredibly loyal and committed work partners. I can't see them creating a romance primarily because there's not a lot of room for romance within the Resident Evil 'brand', but I don't think it by default must be cheap. And your second part about romance endangering friendships - RE is not a mini-series where we get to tune into these character's lives an hour a week. The main conflict has never been about the relationship between characters - save for the relationship between Chris as the protagonist and Wesker as the antagonist. Regardless of whether they chose to put Chris and Jill together - and for the record, I don't think they will - we are never going to know enough about their 'lives' to know that they got married but divorced and it ended up ruining their friendship and now they only speak through lawyers. That's not Resident Evil. It's just not going to happen - Resident Evil is about a group of people fighting bio-terrorism, not about who these people diddle with during their downtime.

And thank you for posting the email from Piers to Claire. I haven't played much of Revelations yet.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
I don't really see the point, from a story-telling perspective, in the series' main protagonist having a sibling-like relationship with the female secondary protagonist, while at the same time having an actual sister who is a very prominent figure in the narrative. It doesn't make much sense to me, and I genuinely don't believe Capcom intended for that either. I think Capcom intended for them to be incredibly loyal and committed work partners. I can't see them creating a romance primarily because there's not a lot of room for romance within the Resident Evil 'brand', but I don't think it by default must be cheap. And your second part about romance endangering friendships - RE is not a mini-series where we get to tune into these character's lives an hour a week. The main conflict has never been about the relationship between characters - save for the relationship between Chris as the protagonist and Wesker as the antagonist. Regardless of whether they chose to put Chris and Jill together - and for the record, I don't think they will - we are never going to know enough about their 'lives' to know that they got married but divorced and it ended up ruining their friendship and now they only speak through lawyers. That's not Resident Evil. It's just not going to happen - Resident Evil is about a group of people fighting bio-terrorism, not about who these people diddle with during their downtime.

And thank you for posting the email from Piers to Claire. I haven't played much of Revelations yet.

You wanted my opinion and that was my opinion. I never said that we would actually explore that in the games as you said that´s not what the games are about. I was asked whom I ship and why I believe that Chris and Jill should not be romantic partners. The question was never wether or not that should or would ever be explored in the games. I think it´s a really safe bet that it won´t be. But that does not stop me from having my thoughts and own imagination and preferences about it. I very much think of these characters as fully threedimensional "living" (within that world) characters and about their day to day lives.

PS: There are also mails from Jill to Barry (post-RE 5) and Barry to Chris in Revelations 2. I can post those too if you´d like.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
The question was never wether or not that should or would ever be explored in the games.
No, but you said that a romance would/could jeopardize profound friendships as part of your argument why Jill/Chris would be cheap. My counter was that RE is never going to show something as nuanced and complicated as that happening so it doesn't really matter.

Anyway. I don't care about this that much, lol. I'm just seeing people say that romance cheapens relationships everywhere lately and it's slowly becoming a pet peeve I think :D

Airaku

Stray Jedi
For me Jake and Sherry are the best. Those two were more or less destined to be together. The daughter of William and the son of Albert.
In the end what is really the icing on the cake is the hopeless love story between Merah and Piers. That hit me in the feels, such a tragic event. It's always sad to see the joyful, wise-cracking, funny guy turn into the serious hardened person who lost his sense of humor. All the remained with Pier's was his empathy and his sympathy, a caring and very human character to the end. A huge part of him died the day Merah did. After that story I went from respecting Piers to becoming emotionally sympathetic for him.

@Hel UGH! I LOVE The Maze Runner and the Scorch Trials! Such amazing films that are filled with surprises and suspense. An unique experience from start to end. I would even debate that The Scorch trials is the best Resident Evil movie ever made! Haha jk. The funny thing is.... it kind of is the closest we have in cinema to RE. I've seen more movies in theater than I could ever remember. I never seen as many people jump or startle as loud as they did in the Scorch Trials. The underground scene got so many people! Apparently this film is proof that RE5 could have still been scary in a bright and sunny setting. Also am I the ONLY person who see's Ava Paige as a far less ****ed up version of Alex? The both use "trails and games" on their test subjects, both scientist that hold great power and influence over their followers and wear similar white attire, and both even faked their death by pointing a gun to their heads. For different reasons of course, one for "reincarnation" and the other "to get away", both to further their "goals". Ava at least believes she's doing the right thing. I'm sure Alex is smart enough to know that her ego surpasses that of... well.... anyone I can think of.

And once again @bSTAR_182 understands the TRUE love story of the Resident Evil universe.

meg5493

No, but you said that a romance would/could jeopardize profound friendships as part of your argument why Jill/Chris would be cheap. My counter was that RE is never going to show something as nuanced and complicated as that happening so it doesn't really matter.

Anyway. I don't care about this that much, lol. I'm just seeing people say that romance cheapens relationships everywhere lately and it's slowly becoming a pet peeve I think :D

I think it comes from the fact that some people view characters a certain way and when they enter a fanbase and see characters they see as platonic being shipped as something other than friends so popularly it gets annoying seeing it everywhere. I remember with my first experiences how weird it was to see characters I never thought of as couples being shipped so hard. I think what Deathstroke means is that they value Jill and Chris's relationship as friends and if they became a couple they lose something that made them great friends without being romantic but hey I could totally just be pulling this out of my ass take what you will from this ┐(‘~`;)┌

And most of all... Newtmas. :love:

tumblr_inline_ng06joPFN91t3pc8j.jpg

Don't you remind me of this beautiful tragedy ever again.
hqdefault.jpg

Top Bottom