• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Where the hell was the horror elements in RE5??

v iBaxter

I totally agree i was kinda dissapointed with re5 the biggest flaw was adding a partner. it took away clostraphbic effect unlike stuck in a room with nemesis,and there was to many weapons the enemies were nothing when chris is a one man army and thenm so is sheva, BRING BACK STILL CAMERAS AND SCARY MUSIC...PLEASE!!!:(thanks:lol:^_^

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well the fixed angles weren't really that different. With those you were just restriced to seeing what was visible from the camera, which could at times not allow you to see an enemy two feet in front of you.

The over-the-shoulder camera does the same, you just can't see what is behind you.

As for the music, if there was anything lacking in RE5, it definately was not the music, in fact RE5 is definately at the top with the best soundtracks, including RE0 & Outbreak, and even Darkside.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
RE5 is more action packed survival horror if you ask me, It's still scary like the corridoor full of lickers, try walking past all of them haha thats pretty cool, I think if you play through the entire game with just a handgun you'd find it more scary, in certain places anyway.

you dont know until you try either! and dont play it on easy mode haha. and dont use the RPG thats what makes it the least scary. If I play online with someone and they use the RPG i quit the game at the end of the chapter haha its seriously not what Resident Evil is about...

We Are Ninja

I think the game maintains it's ties to it's horror roots via the B.O.W.s. Tell me you didn't jump the first time the Reaper showed up. (They Reapers still unnerve me despite the fact that I know how to defeat them...) The Duvalias always make me tense up when I see the transformtion starting. The Cephalos are creepy with their slow, zombie-like gait and hyperactive,writhing, whip-like heads. I think I went through two boxes of handgun ammo (screaming like a schoolgirl) the first time the bui-kichwa (sp?) burrowed out of the ground...

There were even cheap scares, like when:
One of the ghouls on the conveyor belt jumped up and grabbed me. I amost jumped out of my skin. I had already taken out the reaper, I didn't expect any more confrontation...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Some great points there We Are Ninja.:)

The Reapers definately make any situation very intense. The Progenitor zombies were nice. It was cool seeing the Lickers too.

There are a couple of things that I can't explain away however, the typewriters being taken out for checkpoints(Lame), and that small portion of the game where the enemies are all armed with AK's, it felt like it was made for an action game, but the controls make it impossible to handle it that way, which is good and bad. It makes it really frustrating and annoying when that part of the game comes around, but at the same time I am glad to see that the controls are still like they should be.:)

Top Bottom