• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your top RE games list look like?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
  1. Resident Evil Code Veronica X
  2. Resident Evil (1996/REmake)
  3. Resident Evil 5
  4. Resident Evil Revelations 2
  5. Resident Evil 2
  6. Resident Evil 6 (CHRISSSS)
  7. Resident Evil 4
  8. Resident Evil 3
  9. Resident Evil Revelations
  10. Resident Evil 0

Mind you I don't think that any of these games are awful; they are all fun in their own way and possess both positive and negative aspects.

I think Claire is one of their strongest (female) characters developed. I'm not a fan of the new voice actress in Revelations 2 though and yeah, like Barry, her face was off a bit, but I chalk that up to those games being lower budget/ not major titles to the series. Jill's face was also changed for Revelations. Since RE5 Chris has stayed pretty consistent both with looks and voice actor unlike other characters... I hope this continues with the upcoming CGI movie and next game installments.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Are you sure you didn't mean Jill there? :p

Nope. I meant Claire :)

Jill's face has changed multiple times. The only time she's look similar was in RE and RE3. Actually... most of the characters have changed their looks with each game, more or less with each generation of consoles. I am a fan of Jill's face in Revelations, it doesn't both me. The important thing is that her personality remained the same. It was only in RE5 that she was out of place imho. After she broke free from her mind control, I found her flirty remarks to be very out of character for her.

As for Claire. She rubbed off as a different character in all the games to me. Only RE2 and CVX did she remain constant. She was unique and likable. A badass rock star like biker chick in RE2. She was there looking for her brother, that story continued in CVX. In Degeneration, she was this very soft woman and her hardness was worn off. In Revelations 2 she a very static character, actually she was the only static character in the game. It was like she was there.... just to be there and Capcom didn't bother to develop her. She was pretty much there for fan service and not for a story telling point of view. It was Moira who's story was really being told in those episodes. I can't even really tell you what kind of personality she had in that game.

I could tell you that Moira was a punk with daddy, and likely authority issues. She was fearful of guns and harming others based on past events. She was very good with children and was able to keep her vulgar mouth shut around them. Very caring and she came to regret all her anger and hurt when death was approaching. It took the worst to bring out the best of her. I love her personality and I think her and I would be best friends irl xD

Natalia was this young naïve girl who had no idea what was going on around her. She is very trusting of men and only sees the good in them. She trusted both Neil and Barry without any questions asked and felt comfortable and save around them. She even referred to the backstabbing asswipe Neil as "The good man". Natalia holds a sense of fear and distrust toward women. She flee'd from both Claire and Moira when she first met them and Moira had to comfort her and even called her a sister in the terms of them being in the same situation (great foreshadowing for the end). You cannot blame Natalia for feeling this way after what Alex did to her. Very horrific acts and it's suggested that she did very cruel experiments on her. She both physically and emotionally abused her throughout the game.

Barry still remains the family man. He is father who was guilt ridden with failure due to a mistake he made in the past that caused Moira to hate him. He loves his daughters and would give anything to fix those wrongs. His daughter went kidnapped and he spent 6 months of doing nothing but searching for her around the globe, finally tracing a clue to her whereabouts. He met Natalia and saved her, eventually recognising her as a daughter and adopting her. This gives him a second chance of being a father giving him to be the man he always wanted to be. To fix where he went wrong. The bad ending was very tragic because Alex did the worst possible thing you could do to Barry. His daughter is dead, the girl he tried to save is dead (her conscious left and she died when Alex crushed her. Essentially her soul left her body) She could have killed Barry but instead she left him there to live with his guilt of being a failure and a bad father for the rest of his life. With no escape or way off the island (Claire returned with the BSAA as back up. The boat that found her likely had the co-ordinates) all Barry could do is crawl up in a corner and living with his regrets for the rest of his life. He likely would lose the will to live and die on his own terms. This is very good story writing in my opinion. My god.... Alex is a bitch who gets no salvation, she's literally worse than the devil if she isn't the devil.
In the end, never **** with Barry's family or he's coming for you. Also the word "Wesker" is probably the most offensive word to him. He's a family man and this trait that defines him grows and expands as the story goes on in very dynamic ways.

I'm not going to go into Alex because I would write a 5 page essay on her personality and motivations. Sorry, but **** this to the moon and back. I've done it multiple times. I'll just say she's a very philosophical and complex character. The most complicated character in the series by a long shot.

As for Claire... I can't answer that question. She was in the game because.... well I don't know.
Consistent appearance ≠ consistent personality

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Nope. I meant Claire :)

Jill's face has changed multiple times. The only time she's look similar was in RE and RE3. Actually... most of the characters have changed their looks with each game, more or less with each generation of consoles. I am a fan of Jill's face in Revelations, it doesn't both me. The important thing is that her personality remained the same. It was only in RE5 that she was out of place imho. After she broke free from her mind control, I found her flirty remarks to be very out of character for her.

As for Claire. She rubbed off as a different character in all the games to me. Only RE2 and CVX did she remain constant. She was unique and likable. A badass rock star like biker chick in RE2. She was there looking for her brother, that story continued in CVX. In Degeneration, she was this very soft woman and her hardness was worn off. In Revelations 2 she a very static character, actually she was the only static character in the game. It was like she was there.... just to be there and Capcom didn't bother to develop her. She was pretty much there for fan service and not for a story telling point of view. It was Moira who's story was really being told in those episodes. I can't even really tell you what kind of personality she had in that game.

It is not so much the face of Jill, it's more her personality- or lack there of that some of us are pointing out. Apart from REmake I've found Jill to be a fairly dull character and her presence in games after to be mostly fan service. Hell she could almost be considered as mysterious as Ada if not for the fact that we actually know who's team she is fighting for, but even Ada has shown us more personality with her one-liners, sense of humor, and interest/attraction for Leon.

As for Claire: a lot of people change from their young 'college' days to when they are adults. She has clearly become more feminine vs the tomboy look she was rocking when she was 19 years old and searching for her big brother. Claire is still that badass chick who carries around a knife as well as the knowledge of guns and fighting skills her brother taught her. I still saw some spunk in her as well as her nurturing side in Revelations 2. She was in tears when Neil (her possible love interest who turned out to be a backstabbing jerk) turned into a monster (Yet again this happens). And let's face it- Moira's spunky, young adult behavior will obviously make any early 30 year old woman behave their own age. But we still saw similar characteristics between those two which is why Claire took Moira under her wing to begin with. I will say though that the original voice actress, who has played Claire in EVERYTHING but Revelations 2, would have been even better because her spunky/unique voice is Claire's.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
It is not so much the face of Jill, it's more her personality- or lack there of that some of us are pointing out. Apart from REmake I've found Jill to be a fairly dull character and her presence in games after to be mostly fan service. Hell she could almost be considered as mysterious as Ada if not for the fact that we actually know who's team she is fighting for, but even Ada has shown us more personality with her one-liners, sense of humor, and interest/attraction for Leon.

As for Claire: a lot of people change from their young 'college' days to when they are adults. She has clearly become more feminine vs the tomboy look she was rocking when she was 19 years old and searching for her big brother. Claire is still that badass chick who carries around a knife as well as the knowledge of guns and fighting skills her brother taught her. I still saw some spunk in her as well as her nurturing side in Revelations 2. She was in tears when Neil (her possible love interest who turned out to be a backstabbing jerk) turned into a monster (Yet again this happens). And let's face it- Moira's spunky, young adult behavior will obviously make any early 30 year old woman behave their own age. But we still saw similar characteristics between those two which is why Claire took Moira under her wing to begin with. I will say though that the original voice actress, who has played Claire in EVERYTHING but Revelations 2, would have been even better because her spunky/unique voice is Claire's.

I agree with Jill. She never had much of a personality and was more generic. But she was a cool, sexy, action star. RE3: Nemesis is a good example of this. She's just a bad ass xD

I can agree with what you said about Claire to an extent. I just have troubles in believing her to be a real human being. Her personality to me, is worse than Jill's in Revelations 2. She's just so bland and unbelievable to me as a character. I like her and I hate her. I still believe that Claire should have kept her traits. Maybe even joined a band for her off time or something. Something that defines her. Look at Leon. He evolved over the series and the movies but there are two character traits that remained in all the games. His dedication to put other lives before his own, and his dumb luck. Every game and movie has some blind luck for him. Normally its a Zombie underneath him and he steps on his head as a stool to climb up LOL As for Claire, yes she is caring, but there should be something more defining. Hell, even Jill is defined by the master of unlocking, silly jokes by Barry, and yes... her badassness, something that isn't not really a personality trait, but is xD

I will admit about her reaction to Neil. She liked and admired Neil, Neil on the other hand of course saw her as an employee. Problem is, I recall reading that she was even more sad in the Japanese version and showed more emotion, but apparently she admired him like an role-model and not as a love interest. In my opinion the change is more than welcome and probably for the better. It gives us a reason to care about the situation. The whole connection with the FBC and Lansdale should have been explained better. I've heard people say that you could see and understand Neil's point of view on this matter. Allowing him to be more relatable and a far better antagonist imho. Hell, Alex playing him was a little scarier as well. I can't find the sources at the moment so just take it or leave it as you will. But Neil could have been handled a lot better imho, so could Claire. Don't get me wrong. I LOVED her campaign, Revelations 2 is my favorite game and her 3rd episode was AMAZING! Those puzzles were just ****ed!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Okedokey, since I just finished Revelations 2, I figured I'd update my list.

1. Code Veronica
  2. Revelations 2
  3. Remake/Original
  4. Resident Evil 5
  5. Revelations
  6. Resident Evil 3
  7. Resident Evil 2
  8. Resident Evil 6
  9. Resident Evil 4
You'll notice that I've changed the order of some of them. I've been playing them a lot lately because I'm trying to get a friend into the series but she's not much of a gamer so she prefers to watch me play and get the story that way, so I've been thinking the series over in my head a lot lately and feel that this is a more accurate list of my favs. (This list is also factoring gameplay in not just the story, which is more what my other list was going by.)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Alright, here's mine, from top to bottom:

01. Revelations 2 – My most played game on Steam, largely due to Rape Mode, but I’ve also played through the campaign at least five times. Only minor complaints concerning Claire’s dullness and Ada’s absence from Rape Mode.
02. RE1 / REmaster – The one that started it all, and the one I thought would never be dethroned. Incredible atmosphere, several game modes to keep you entertained, and Twink Chris is still the hottest!
03. RE2 – Introducing three of my favourite characters to the world of Resident Evil, had a history of constantly fighting with RE1 for the top rank of my list until REmake came out.
04. Nemesis – The first RE I ever played, it will always have a special place in my heart. Jill is awesome in this one, Nemesis is a scary stalker, and we have a sexy Latino whose accent drives all the foxy ladies crazy, what else could be asked for?
05. RE6 – Probably the second most hated RE, but my second most played game according to Steam statistics. To me it’s a bigger and better version of RE5, which was already great.
06. RE5 – Doesn’t feel a lot like RE to me, the least interesting and most predictable story ever, but still a lot of fun to play, especially with a human partner.
07. Operation Raccoon City – The most hated game with RE in its title, but I like it, especially exploring those interesting characters and their abilities to find out what works best in which situation. Must be even more fun with three human teammates.
08. Revelations 1 – Loved it at first (see my review for details), but the campaign quickly got boring after the first time. No replay value at all, I would never have touched it again if it wasn’t for Rape Mode.
09. Zero – Could have been so great! But no boxes = annoying item management, many unnecessary doors = too much loading. You spend half of your time switching items around and looking at door animations. Finished it once, tried all the outfits, I'm good for now.
10. Code Veronica – Too long, too hard, too much backtracking, ugly grey fog instead of darkness. One of the greatest stories and sets of characters, but the gameplay just didn’t click with me. Finished it only once.
11. RE4 – Terrible PC port. Slow, unresponsive controls. My least favourite version of Leon. Nothing else to keep me interested either. Never finished it.

FelixK

Zombies must shuffle
1. Resident evil 3
2. Resident evil 2 (leon B side)
3. Resident evil (original, hated remake)
4. Code veronica
5. Resident evil zero hd
6. Resident evil 4
7. Resident evil 6
8. Resident evil 5
9. Resident evil survivor
10. Resident evil dead aim
11. Revelations 1&2
All the wii/first person arcade titles and the garbage outbreak files take a firm last place.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
1. Revelations 2
2. Re5
3. Re6
4. Mercs 3D
5. Re3
6. Re4
7. CVX
8. Re1
9. Revelations 1
10. ORC
11. Re2

Don't get me wrong I like all the games, but I just preferred some more than others.
Re0 isn't on the list at all becsuse I haven't played it.
I didnt put umbrella chronicles on becsuse well... I dont want to place a rails shooter in this list.

Last edited:

Shocker

This is nearly impossible task but here goes:

Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Directors Cut
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Revelations 2
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil Chronicles (both are good)

Haven't played 6 and I have Revelations but haven't finished

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Shocker What are you waiting for? PLAY THE REVELATION GAMES! They are FANTASTIC! Also play the others. Especially 6. I know it's hated but it has a good story with the character interactions.

One-Winged Angel

Cecil "There is sorrow in those wintery eyes..."
1-Re2
2-Re4
3-REmake
5-Re3
6-Re:cv
7-Re0
8-Revs2
9-Re5
10-Revs
Didn't like Re6 honestly ,to the point that I didn't even bother playing each campaign more than once.

Last edited:

Shocker

@Shocker What are you waiting for? PLAY THE REVELATION GAMES! They are FANTASTIC! Also play the others. Especially 6. I know it's hated but it has a good story with the character interactions.

I've been looking into those Revelation games and they are my next purchases. As for 6, I thought I read somewhere that 6 was QTE button mashing heavy. I hate that in RE4 so I've stayed away.

Edit I finally got revelations 2 great game, liking the raid mode!

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I've been looking into those Revelation games and they are my next purchases. As for 6, I thought I read somewhere that 6 was QTE button mashing heavy. I hate that in RE4 so I've stayed away.

I'd still say give it a whirl. It can be annoying but there has never been anything like the knife fight in again. That is probably the most intense CTE battle in gaming. It's really cool though :p

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
I have thought about this several times and though my preference changes from time to time (sometimes I am more in mood for classic RE, sometimes more for modern RE) a few things never change - for example REmake will always be bar none THE best RE game. Its pure perfection in every aspect (Even more so in the Remaster version) and the peak of what classic RE was always meant to be. I am glad they changed RE after Zero because REmake proved that you can´t do anything better (in this classic style) then that. Anything else was doomed to be downhill after that. It was the perfect time to evolve and change RE after that and make it bigger, more accessible and appealing to a wider audience, bringing in a new generation of fans and taking the series to a whole new level, especially story wise and commercially. But I also agree that eventually it was taken a bit too far (especially in certain RE 6 segments) into the war-shooter area and was removed too far from the horror aspects. But Capcom has realized that too and I am glad they seem to have found an ideal mix of modern gameplay and classic horror in the more recent Revelations games, which to me is the best possible way to evolve the series and keep it modern while also honoring where it comes from.

So here is my Top 10 as it stands right now:

1. REmake
2. Revelations
3. RE 2
4. Revelations 2
5. RE 5
6. RE 3
7. Code Veronica
8. RE 6
9. Zero
10. RE 4

PS: especially ranks 7-10 are very hard for me to choose and are constantly changing. I´d like to add that I do NOT consider any game of the series a bad game. I spent dozens upon dozens of hours with every last one of them, which I would not do if I would not enjoy them. So even if I ranked RE 4 as the last one, it does not mean I don´t like it. I love RE 4. I just love the others a whole lot more (vor various reasons).

Chevbrandnew

1-Resident Evil 2
2-Resident Evil CV
3-Resident Evil 4
4-Resident Evil 3
5-Resident Evil remake
6-Resident Evil 1
7-Resident Evil 5
8-Resident Evil Revelations 2
9-Resident Evil 0
10-Resident Evil Revelations

TrioxinPunk245

Braiiiins!!
Best to Worst of Main Series:

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
REmake
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Revelations
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 4
Revelations 2
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6

I love the classic style games the best (Fixed Camera, Tank Controls etc.) i do like 4 but not as much as the others listed above it as i also prefer zombies over infected people anyday, Resi 7 really needs to go old school horror style!

Last edited:
Top Bottom