• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your top RE games list look like?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
All I know is RE4 is my #1. Because RE4 is my #1 favourite game in general.
The other games in the series shuffle around the list I have in my head constantly.

Milk and Cookies

I couldn't agree more. I think RE did an amazing job bringing the series into the modern gaming world. It wasn't just an exceptional RE game, it was an excellent game period. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
  1. Code Veronica
  2. Remake/original
  3. Nemesis
  4. 2
  5. 5
  6. Revelations
  7. 6
  8. 4

That's only the main titles and it's a bit incomplete seeing as how I haven't played Revelations 2 yet.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
It's honestly quite difficult for me to order them specifically as I liked most of them as much as each other, so I'm going to put them in clusters from worst to best.

- Resident Evil 6
- Resident Evil 2 and 3
- Resident Evil Revelations
- Resident Evil 4, 5 and Revelations 2.

It's only really RE6 I didn't like, I loved the rest. I've yet to play Remake (got the remaster downloaded but haven't got around to it yet), Zero and Code Veronica, though I've played the relevant segments of those in the Chronicles games and know the stories.

Milk and Cookies

Magnolia Grandiflora, I must ask why you've got 4 so low on the list. Interested to know haha.
Jen, I'm loving the remastered releases they keep putting out. Great chance to go back and revel in nostalgia for a while. Getting chased by the Nemesis in 3 is never gonna leave my memory, 2 and 3 didn't appeal as much to you huh? Revelations were great, I'm gonna make a second list for all the other games in the series.

KevinStriker

I'm back and forth between RE 6 and Zero for the worst games. Haven't played any of the Revelations games yet.

I'm generally kinder on REØ than RE6 because it wasn't an unfocused mess of mindless action, muddy environments and multiple gameplay styles, none particularly polished.
REØ's biggest sin was that it was an okay game, it was ho-hum and unmemorable, with the exception of Billy Coen.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Jen, I'm loving the remastered releases they keep putting out. Great chance to go back and revel in nostalgia for a while. Getting chased by the Nemesis in 3 is never gonna leave my memory, 2 and 3 didn't appeal as much to you huh? Revelations were great, I'm gonna make a second list for all the other games in the series.
On the contrary, I loved Resident Evil 2 and 3. They were two of the main games that featured in my childhood and I had a lot of fun playing them with my siblings and friends. It's just a matter of the fact that I do really love the others, so it's just different levels of love if that makes sense, except for RE6 which I really disliked. I will play through the remasters, it's just lately I've had other stuff to play. :)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I'm generally kinder on REØ than RE6 because it wasn't an unfocused mess of mindless action, muddy environments and multiple gameplay styles, none particularly polished.
REØ's biggest sin was that it was an okay game, it was ho-hum and unmemorable, with the exception of Billy Coen.
I honestly can't make a case that RE 6 is in anyway a better game than Zero, but if it weren't for RE 4, Zero would have completely turned me away from the RE series forever - which is why it's on the bottom of my list. I felt it was the epitome of redundancy - it offered nothing new but an irritating inventory system - and I didn't touch RE 4 until four or five years after its release precisely because I was so irritated it.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
RE: Code Veronica
RE2
REmake
RE5
RE Revelations 2
RE3
RE Revelations
RE0
RE4
RE6

For me better story = better game. Obviously there are a lot of other factors as well, but for me I think that's what it really boils down to.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Milk and Cookies Resident Evil 4 is at the bottom of my list because it's the only Resident Evil game I just can't bring myself to finish and probably the only game that ever lost my interest before I was even finished with the second chapter.

I just didn't care about it or the characters.

I also think it's pretty contradictory to have 5 and 6 at the butt of your list because of the action and then turn around and have the game that spawned the action in Resident Evil at the very top of the list.

Last edited:

KevinStriker

Imagine you're out for dinner and enjoying a big, lovely garden salad with just the right amount of dressing. "This is pretty good," you think to yourself. "I think I'll order another."
After some problems unbeknownst to you in the kitchen, your second helping arrives with barely any lettuce or tomato and far too much dressing.
Is your first reaction then blame the previous salad which was at least decent for how much the one you just received sucks?

Milk and Cookies

On the contrary, I loved Resident Evil 2 and 3. They were two of the main games that featured in my childhood and I had a lot of fun playing them with my siblings and friends. It's just a matter of the fact that I do really love the others, so it's just different levels of love if that makes sense, except for RE6 which I really disliked. I will play through the remasters, it's just lately I've had other stuff to play. :)

Ahh, I follow you. haha bringing back memories of playing the old games in the dark with my brothers when we were all waayyyyy too young to be playing them. Then we'd stay up all night too scared to sleep xD
RE6 was a big let down for me too. I was hoping after 5's criticisms they'd redirect but I guess they really liked the profits so why would they -_-

Reactions: Jen

Milk and Cookies

RE: Code Veronica
RE2
REmake
RE5
RE Revelations 2
RE3
RE Revelations
RE0
RE4
RE6

For me better story = better game. Obviously there are a lot of other factors as well, but for me I think that's what it really boils down to.

I found the story in 4 less convoluted and easier to just enjoy than most other games in the series. But I like that list :) I guess I should have treated the remakes as their own thing, huh? But I felt like the originals deserve the credit haha

Milk and Cookies

@Milk and Cookies Resident Evil 4 is at the bottom of my list because it's the only Resident Evil game I just can't bring myself to finish and probably the only game that ever lost my interest before I was even finished with the second chapter.

I just didn't care about it or the characters.

I also think it's pretty contradictory to have 5 and 6 at the butt of your list because of the action and then turn around and have the game that spawned the action in Resident Evil at the very top of the list.

While I totally get where you're coming from, and respect your opinion, I feel like it's unfair to fault 4 for the directions of 5 and 6. Sure, 4 had too much action for most fan's liking but it also had, imo, some great updates and evolutions to the series as well. I was really hoping Capcom would take 4 and just tone down the action and increase the horror, instead the next 2 games took the worst aspects of 4 and ran like mad with them.

KevinStriker

Yo, can you try not to double or triple post? I'm not keen on getting multiple notifications from one person in a single thread.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
First and foremost. My list might be a little weird for some. Yes I was playing RE before RE4 came out :p I'll rank them from the "canon" games. RE3 is excluded because I could never find it. CVX is not included because I didn't finish it and I didn't play Dark Side Chronical (it is a main canon game)

@Jen I actually thought RE6 was your favorite the first time I read that. lmao :p

1) Resident Evil 4
2) Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Best story and characters by a long shot imho)
3) Resident Evil 5 (sheer fun factor alone puts it on the top)
4) Resident Evil Remake and Deadly Silence
5) Resident Evil 6 (This makes the cut only for story. It's very human and it's the first time I liked Chris. I'm one of the few people who really like Jake and have respect for him.)
6) Resident Evil: Revelations
7) Resident Evil 0 (You're all entitled to your opinions, but this game is amazing.
8) Resident Evil 2 (Not scary, predictable jump moments, predictable story, very action orientated in terms of what is going on. Very overrated. I hope the remake lives up to it's legacy and improves on a lot of the elements)
9) Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Honestly. Considering the list. There hasn't been a single core Resident Evil game that I didn't like nor didn't enjoy. I love this series and almost every aspect of it. There are a few things I disagree with. The ending of RE5 was corny as hell and is debatably a dues ex machina with comic book like story telling. Very generic and bland. While most of the jokes are good, there are a few misplaced ones that kill the mood of a very serious situation. Especially the very dark and serious tones of Revelations 2. The Alex moments is nothing to laugh at, nor is Natalia's character. Very dark and gritty stories. As for Revelations 2 being essentially my favorite game and on par with RE4, far surpassing it storywise but slightly weaker gameplay wise. The whole making fun of Albert Wesker's death was highly uncalled for imho. Especially with the whole "We'll make it slo-mo so no one can say "bull****, Wesker teleported". It kind of felt like Capcom gave me the middle finger. But I loved that Capcom had to balls and had
Alex win.
That is a major **** you to the gamers and the theft of satisfaction. I've heard a lot of gamers vent about it. But let's be honest. That is part of what makes the game soooo freaking good!

Yep! All the core games are AMAZING! :3

Last edited:

Milk and Cookies

@KevinStriker, my apologies. Didn't mean to spam you and the rest. My bad. @Airaku that's a pretty spot on assessment of 5. This series truly is great. Can't wait to rank the top 10 side entries.
I've yet to play revelations 2. Looking forward to scraping up the cash for this backlog of wish listed games. I really hope RE 7 gets the main series back on a survival horror focus.

Top Bottom