• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What the evolution of Resident Evil "REALLY" means.

Do you agree???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Definitely. Speaking of newer Chris, I didn't like him too much in 5 but I loved how jaded he had become in 6. That and the drinking I feel were portrayed realistically. I feel like most of the cast would have SOME type of problem at this point lolz.
I actually totally agree with this. I too didn't like Chris that much in 5, but in 6 they explored a whole new darker aspect of him that we haven't seen before. I too got a feeling of realism seeing how Chris acted in RE6

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I actually totally agree with this. I too didn't like Chris that much in 5, but in 6 they explored a whole new darker aspect of him that we haven't seen before. I too got a feeling of realism seeing how Chris acted in RE6
Right? It was kind of refreshing. I wish they would've kept Leon as smart assed as he was in RE4, but I guess they all gotta grow up sometime :/

Aleck

Biohazard
In all seriousness, I like both the old and new games equally, but for entirely different reasons. The old ones had better story/atmosphere, while the new games have much better gameplay (and phenomenal voice acting IMO). With all these in mind, both styles level out to be equally enjoyable games.

I believe the ideal RE game is one that has the best of both worlds: great story, great atmosphere, and fun/functional gameplay. There are very few RE games that I feel fit this criteria, namely: RE4 and RER. I think both of those had the best blend of the new and the old. And not to mention that RER arguably had one of the best stories of all the RE games.

Same here. I can appreciate the evolution and I am sure there will be a day when they create another masterpiece like Resident Evil 4. Revelations is the closest to RE4 in my opinion. One thing is I'm not gonna rant and kick my game system because they didn't get it exactly the way I wanted it. I think most of the RE games are pretty good. For me, it is obviously the combination of game-play, graphics, and story that makes it great. It can't be just one thing. Resident Evil 2 had it all during its time and is still a great game to revisit. Resident Evil 4 is my favorite of the newer generation of RE games. It blended both horror and action perfectly. I eagerly await the announcement of a potential "Downfall," in the RE Universe and I don't mind if its a prequel.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Same here. I can appreciate the evolution and I am sure there will be a day when they create another masterpiece like Resident Evil 4. Revelations is the closest to RE4 in my opinion. One thing is I'm not gonna rant and kick my game system because they didn't get it exactly the way I wanted it. I think most of the RE games are pretty good. For me, it is obviously the combination of game-play, graphics, and story that makes it great. It can't be just one thing. Resident Evil 2 had it all during its time and is still a great game to revisit. Resident Evil 4 is my favorite of the newer generation of RE games. It blended both horror and action perfectly. I eagerly await the announcement of a potential "Downfall," in the RE Universe and I don't mind if its a prequel.
Wow, we have a lot in common. RE4 is undoubtedly my favorite RE game as well, followed closely by RE2 and Revelations. Downfall better prove to be true. I guess we can both stay hopeful for next years E3 :D

Top Bottom