• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What other dog breed would make a good Resident Evil Zombie Dog

HookerZombie

I agree, and zombie cats would be cool too. Like stray cats that got infected by eating the T-virus infected rats and lurking around dark alleys. That would be so cool! :D

Zacmac90

Now that'd be a cool idea, if they can do Big cats in outbreak, I don't see why they can't make some house cat zombies. Who wouldnt be afraid of a bunch of feral cats in a dark alley?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'm loving the joke ideas such as Dachshunds and Poodles.

Though I would personally steer clear with something too familiar like a Husky, Rottweiler, or German Shepard. From a design perspective they are too familiar to the RE universe. Especially to the Wolves in RE4 or the dogs and German Shepard's were in the unreleased RE 1.5.

I would want to go with something that would be a bit more menacing than the past dogs. Rather it be a Pittbull with a weird mutation effecting it's mouth or something a little more hulking like a Great Dane or even a Grey Hound. While a Grey Hound doesn't sound menacing off the bat, with a well designed mutation they would stand tall with their long legs (perhaps longer with their mutation), their body would become oddly shaped and quite grotesque. They would be able to come at your slowly but also run at you at very fast speeds leaving you with little reaction time. To counter this there would be less mutated Grey Hounds in the game and they would be a bit tougher than past Zombie dogs in the series.

Zacmac90

49ebace29c92bcd7f86bbea60d9d74d5-d4jkx2g.jpg
Cujo meets Resident Evil *insert YOU ARE DEAD on screen*

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
While a Grey Hound doesn't sound menacing off the bat, with a well designed mutation they would stand tall with their long legs (perhaps longer with their mutation), their body would become oddly shaped and quite grotesque. They would be able to come at your slowly but also run at you at very fast speeds leaving you with little reaction time. To counter this there would be less mutated Grey Hounds in the game and they would be a bit tougher than past Zombie dogs in the series.
I agree about greyhounds possibly being a good dog type to incorporate. Imagine how scary it would be to have a zombie version of the fastest dog breed suddenly chasing after you, especially mutated in the way you suggest.

I think a zombie Bichon Frise could be quite hilarious. :p

Zacmac90

I think a zombie greyhound could make a for a decent mini boss if done right, due to its speed they'd be one of those B.O.W you can't outrun, imagine a pair of those coming at ya

HookerZombie

Plus I find greyhounds to be kind of disturbing looking anyways because they are always so skinny. Like the demon dogs in the first Silent Hill game.

Top Bottom