• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is canon for you and what is not?

RedAndWhite

To me, SOME games could've easily happened during the movies and vice-versa.
So in the movieverse:
RE1 happened before or during RE.
RE2 and RE3 happened during REAp. With the exception that Alice is with Jill and Carlos.
RECV and RE4 happened before REEx.
There is no way RE5 or RE6 happened because of Wesker's death.

To the gameverse:
RE happened after or during RE1.
REAp (only Alice's story) happened during RE2/RE3.
REEx could happen after the series' end.

This of course ruling out Degeneration (takes place at the same time of Revelations) and Damnation (after RE5 and before RE6).

My opinion here, wanna hear yours.

Cleona

none of the Paul W. S. Anderson movies are Canon only RE DEGENERATION and RE Damnation are, sorry to burst your bubble and really do you really want Alice to be part of the Canon series i think shes the worst RE character ever i think the actress Milla Jovovich thinks she is Resident Evil and beside she will want to be center Character in the games too.

RedAndWhite

I never said I want Alice on the games, I think you are not getting my point. All I said is that it is possible for some of the movies to have happened in the games' timeline. I say Alice's story on REAp because obviously Jill and Carlos, if the movie were to be canon with the games, could not be with her :/
And no, she isn't the centre of RE. Chris, Leon, Jill and Claire are (the game version).

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, the incident of the first movie might have happened, that story didn't contradict the games yet, but other than that, even ORC is more canon than those movies...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
It's been over a decade since I've played RE 2 and I can't remember a whole lot from it... I know ORC isn't meant to be canon but can't it still fit into the storyline providing Wolfpack saves Leon and Claire at the end instead of killing them?

Anywho, I've ever considered the movies to be part of the game universe at all. It exists solely on its own. I've heard of Milla wanting Alice in the games and I prey that never happens.

RedAndWhite

After reading the cut scenes from RER, all my thoughts of RE2/RE4 being canon with the movies altogether were crushed because originally Leon was to have worked from Umbrella even before the events in the Hive or even the Arklay Mountains.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Game Canon:
RE0
REUC- Begginings and Nightmare
REmake
REUC- Rebirth
RE Outbreak file 1&2
RE3- up until Jill is infected.
RE2 and The Fourth Survivor
RE3- When Jill wakes up
REORC- some parts can fit into canon, while others cannot.
RE Survivor
RECVX
REDSC- Operation Javier
RE Dead Aim
REUC- Umbrella's End and Dark Legacy
RE4 and Seperate Ways
RE Revelations
RE Degeneration
RE5- Lost In Nightmares
RE5 and Desperate Escape
RE Damnation
RE6