• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I guess some people are still waiting for the "true" third installment about HUNK going on a cruise ship in the Atlantic Ocean....

Turo602

The King of Kings
I guess some people are still waiting for the "true" third installment about HUNK going on a cruise ship in the Atlantic Ocean....

That was originally what the spin-off was before it became Nemesis... What are you trying to get at?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Why would they make something like that? When they changed Resident Evil 3, if that was really what RE3 was supposed to be about, that plotline was reused for Resident Evil Dead Aim.
Which, despite being extremely short for a Resident Evil game, was a decent spinoff title, in my opinion.
And yes, I realize that's not a popular opinion.

Jonipoon

That was originally what the spin-off was before it became Nemesis... What are you trying to get at?
No, the HUNK-game was being developed by a team led by Hideki Kamiya, and was intended to be the main third installment. It didn't "become" Nemesis, because it was shelved (however like Magnolia Grandiflora said, the cruise plotline was ultimately used for Resident Evil Dead Aim). Nemesis started as a spin-off and was developed by another team led by Kazuhiro Aoyama. The team led by Hideki Kamiya moved on to make RE4 for the PS2. Source: https://www.vg247.com/2012/03/15/resident-evil-3-nemesis-began-life-as-a-spin-off/

Like I said before, it's not important if a game starts as a spin-off or not. The only thing that matters is the final product. When I jokingly said that some fans are waiting for the "true" third installment, that was not aimed at you or anyone on this forum. It was sarcasm.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
If I recall correctly, that extra game that was never made starred Hunk on a ship retriving more viruses or something like that. I watch a lot of "Things You Didn't Know About Resident Evil" youtube videos and I was always interested in why they scrapped it. Although I am pretty glad they did considering how many ship Resident Evils we have had since.

Turo602

The King of Kings
No, the HUNK-game was being developed by a team led by Hideki Kamiya, and was intended to be the main third installment. It didn't "become" Nemesis, because it was shelved (however like Magnolia Grandiflora said, the cruise plotline was ultimately used for Resident Evil Dead Aim). Nemesis started as a spin-off and was developed by another team led by Kazuhiro Aoyama. The team led by Hideki Kamiya moved on to make RE4 for the PS2. Source: https://www.vg247.com/2012/03/15/resident-evil-3-nemesis-began-life-as-a-spin-off/

Like I said before, it's not important if a game starts as a spin-off or not. The only thing that matters is the final product. When I jokingly said that some fans are waiting for the "true" third installment, that was not aimed at you or anyone on this forum. It was sarcasm.

Oh, so the cruise ship game was meant to be 3 but the spinoff was whatever Gaiden was but expanded to be Nemesis? Gotcha. However, that's only part of the story and doesn't go into the convention made for naming the game.

I agree though, it's not important. But like I said, I don't see why merely stating its original position in the franchise should hurt anyone. Nemesis was clearly designed to be canon in the end and I don't think anyone has ever refuted that. There's just a lot of speculation surrounding its place as a spin-off or main entry due to Code Veronica and the f*ck ton of Resident Evil projects Capcom was working on at the time, as well as the many statements made by various developers. It's a pretty insane timeline to follow, which is why people find it so interesting to talk about.

Jonipoon

Oh, so the cruise ship game was meant to be 3 but the spinoff was whatever Gaiden was but expanded to be Nemesis? Gotcha. However, that's only part of the story and doesn't go into the convention made for naming the game.

I agree though, it's not important. But like I said, I don't see why merely stating its original position in the franchise should hurt anyone. Nemesis was clearly designed to be canon in the end and I don't think anyone has ever refuted that. There's just a lot of speculation surrounding its place as a spin-off or main entry due to Code Veronica and the f*ck ton of Resident Evil projects Capcom was working on at the time, as well as the many statements made by various developers. It's a pretty insane timeline to follow, which is why people find it so interesting to talk about.
Of course there's nothing wrong with stating the obvious fact that Nemesis started as a spin-off. I also don't think anyone has ever refuted that. I just think its unfair to use it as an argument in the "true third installment" debate. In the end Capcom decided to name it the 3rd main title. I also know that the development team behind CV personally believes that CV is the "true sequel to 2" but I think that has more to do with the in-game storyline than anything else. I mean, RE2 isn't a direct continuation of the first game, while CV is a direct continuation of RE2. Meanwhile, RE3 is more of a direct continuation of RE1 since it deals with what happened to Jill after the Spencer Mansion incident. Awww damn its such a fascinating debate.

Nemesis is the shortest in the original trilogy too, right? That doesn't help much.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Has anyone beaten Fourth Survivor yet? And if you have: HELP!

I've watched videos for tips and strategies but every time I get to the waiting room on the second floor I've run out of defensive items and/or health items.

I think YouTube videos are a scam. They can run past things that regular people can't and I always get caught trying to do what they do in those videos.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Ha ha, I'd love to help, but I've never even gotten that far! (Not without... cheating a little bit... *cough*) I thought 4th Survivor was hard in the original, but it's even worse in the remake. Makes me wonder why they made four alternative costumes for Tofu, I mean... How will I ever beat this mode with Tofu to unlock them, if I can't even beat it with Hunk? :sad:

CT:

jilleonmqkea.jpg

Is that supposed to be Leon, or is it Revelations Jill cosplaying Nick Carter in his Backstreet Boys days? So hard to tell...

Turo602

The King of Kings
Has anyone beaten Fourth Survivor yet? And if you have: HELP!

I've watched videos for tips and strategies but every time I get to the waiting room on the second floor I've run out of defensive items and/or health items.

I think YouTube videos are a scam. They can run past things that regular people can't and I always get caught trying to do what they do in those videos.

I kept getting further and further but each time you make it to a new area, they keep throwing sh*t at you. I watched this video though and it made it a lot easier for me.

You can bypass most of the enemies pretty easily like he's doing. You just want to make sure you're always running and try to stick close to the path he's taking. However, I do have some tips that could help you out since I was definitely not gonna replicate his performance and had to take some liberties in certain areas.

So in terms of using your sub weapons. Here's where I used them.

Knife: Used to defend from first G creature in the sewer. Stick close to the right and if he grabs you, which he most likely will, dispatch your knife and keep running to avoid fighting both G creatures.

1st Grenade:
After the elevator up from the sewers, it's possible to bypass all the zombies on your way to the stairs towards the first Birkin fight area. So while a grenade isn't necessary here, if you have trouble with being grabbed here, I recommend throwing a grenade in and making a run to the stairs. I don't recall where exactly I used this grenade but this might have definitely been where but if you have a better place for it, then go for it.

1st Flash Bang: Used during the parking garage. You're gonna want to run as far as you can before the zombies fully stand up. For me, I run just about towards the gate, and when I turn towards the path that gets me to the door, that's when I throw the flash bang as there's a lot of annoying zombies in the way, one even hidden behind a pillar that's very close to the door. So I find stunning them here is a must.

2nd Flash Bang: I think this one was on the second floor, just upstairs from the dark room. If Mr. X isn't too close behind, he'll come straight at you blocking your path which is already filled with zombies. On my final run, Mr. X was on my ass, so he didn't show up upstairs, but the zombies were definitely gonna be a problem so I recommend a flash bang no matter the scenario.

2nd Grenade: Just up ahead when you get to the hallway where the S.T.A.R.S. room is, there's 2 ivy zombies. I tried to sporadically shoot their glowing parts but I knew it would take too long, and since they're one hit kill enemies, rather than let yourself get grabbed by each one and waste 2 sub weapons, just throw a grenade their way from the beginning and you'll be on your way.

3rd Grenade: After the library, when you get to the waiting room, you'll want to let the zombie bust through the door and throw a grenade at him and his hallway buddies and make a break towards Irons' office, don't engage the Licker (I didn't at least), and just run up the stairs. At this point, I had my magnum equipped because there's an asshole zombie just upstairs by the door and one magnum shot is enough for a quick stun to let you go by.

3rd Flash Bang: Towards the end, right after you exit the door you go through on the 2nd run, you'll want to keep running until you see a G creature charging you, throw the flash bang at the horde of zombies behind him, try to avoid him and make a run for it. He hit me, but I managed fine anyway. I did have a scare because I saw an ivy zombie mixed in there as I was running, so I unloaded a mag round into him to stun him as he was in my way and I was unsure whether the flash bang worked on him. The last 3 zombies down the stairs in the Brad Vickers area are just easy shotgun headshots away from victory.

I also recommend combining your gun powders to make shotgun ammo as a headshot with a shotgun is a very quick way to get zombies out of your way.

At the very start, of the first three zombies you encounter, only 2 are necessary to eliminate, the third you can run by, and if one grabs you, don't panic, just make sure your knife is equipped so you can save yourself, shotgun the enemy, and get your knife back for the G monster. This is actually handy up until you lose it for good with the G monster. So keep that in mind.

In the video, the guy kills all the dogs in the sewer bridge area. This isn't necessary. You can shotgun the 2 zombies so they don't grab you as you run towards the door. I managed to completely avoid getting hit by the dogs, but if you take a hit or 2 from dogs and your health is still great, don't worry about it.

He also uses a flash bang in the room right before the garage because he stopped to check the stream, but again, not necessary. The flash bang is better off used in the garage. I managed to get by that area everytime just by running, and the dog only hit me once, and that was on my successful run.

The licker chilling on the ceiling right after the garage is important to remember. You'll either want to unload 3 mag rounds into him or just walk your way through. But regardless, avoid him pouncing on you as that's his go to when on the ceiling, because you want to avoid wasting a sub weapon on him or taking unnecessary damage.

I think that's about it. Watch the video and pay attention to how he avoids certain enemies and good luck.

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Hel @Turo602 Thanks for the advice guys! I'll definitely try that out.

So I just got the Frugalist trophy the other day, the one where you can't use a recovery item for the entire game, but somehow I think the Minimalist trophy, where you can't use the box, is going to be much harder for me.

I was originally going to try and do them in the same run but I freaking opened a box before I saved and didn't want to start the game over.

Edit: I did it!!! I was in danger with Mr. X all over my ass but I did it!!!

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm not charging! But... wait. I gave advice? :confused:
In a way, lol.

I think hardcore mode is going to break me. It was pretty easy until I got to the lab hallway where there's two lickers between you and that modulator that turns on the power. Any advice?

Top Bottom