• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? General Gaming Edition!

Turo602

The King of Kings
Holy sh*t. The PS5 finally has me excited.

Never played the original because honestly, Star Wars games just never appealed to me before The Force Unleashed and Jedi: Fallen Order. But if this is anything like those, I'm sold.

This was easily the highlight for me though. Holy sh*t. Been wanting a new Wolverine game since the massively underrated X-Men Origins game. Biggest surprise for me and I hope Insomniac can do him justice. Spider-Man 2 on the other hand I feel like they blew their load a little too early. I'm glad it's officially announced and if it's co-op, which the trailer sort of feels like, then that's a huge deal for me. But 2023 is a long time away and it could still very easily be delayed. Why reveal it now?

And finally, an actual trailer for God of War and it looks just as amazing as the first. Still haven't played it yet until I finish 3 and Ascension, but I'm definitely tempted to get to them as soon as I can now.

Playstation f*cking killed it though with that showcase. I'm surprised they're getting their hands on so many traditionally third-party IPs. It's a little annoying as a gamer who primarily plays on Xbox, but I guess it's more of a reason to own a Playstation and the way things are looking this generation, I'd say it's a great time for gamers to consider having both platforms.

And while not Playstation exclusive, Alan Wake is finally coming to the Playstation. After the AWE DLC and Alan Wake easter eggs in Control, a sequel is looking more and more likely and I couldn't be happier that the first one is being remastered. I'm also glad that it looks like more than just a simple technical remaster with how much better the character models are looking this time around. Hopefully this time, this game gets the attention it deserves.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think that the Playstation Event yesterday was aggressively good. Like, there was no filler unless you consider the announcement of GTA V coming out for PS5 again filler.

I might actually start trying to get my PS5 soon! ----after I get my credit back in order. haha

Spiderman 2 looks crazy, God of War needs no explanation, and I felt very attracted to that trailer for Project Eve for some reason?

Turo602

The King of Kings
I think that the Playstation Event yesterday was aggressively good. Like, there was no filler unless you consider the announcement of GTA V coming out for PS5 again filler.

I might actually start trying to get my PS5 soon! ----after I get my credit back in order. haha

Spiderman 2 looks crazy, God of War needs no explanation, and I felt very attracted to that trailer for Project Eve for some reason?
Yeah. As good as Ratchet and Clank and Horizon look, I'm not exactly diehard over those games. I can wait to play those. But Spider-Man and Wolverine is big for me and if they make an amazing Star Wars game, then that'll be huge too. They really got straight to the point with their showcase and it's honestly the biggest win the PS5 has had for me personally.

I'm still not crazy about purchasing a PS5 yet though. I just don't like how like Xbox, a lot of these cool games they've announced are like years away. Both companies seem to be in a weird position right now where they want people to desperately buy into their consoles by promising games are coming years in advance, which is a problem I had with the PS4 and their E3 presentations just showing us the same few things year after year.

2023 is still far off, and that's just for Spider-Man 2, which I'd assume is a much easier game to develop given the groundwork laid out by its previous entries. And given by how little they had to show us, I can only imagine Star Wars and Wolverine aren't exactly coming anytime soon. God of War at the very least could come next year, but until I catch up on that series and my PS4 library, I'll be ready for God of War and my hope is that by then, Sony will have released a much more appealing slimmer model of the PS5 with some tweaks.

And yes, Project Eve did look really cool. At first, I thought it had something to do with Parasite Eve and thought more so after the name, but turns out that's not the case. Still, looks like a really cool game. Definitely gonna keep my eye on that one.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
It is nice to be in a year when Playstation, Nintendo, and Microsoft all have promising titles on the horizon. There has been a lot of Console War posts on gaming websites recently, but I do not see why we cant all just enjoy the renaissance that should be on us next year.

Turo602

The King of Kings
It is nice to be in a year when Playstation, Nintendo, and Microsoft all have promising titles on the horizon. There has been a lot of Console War posts on gaming websites recently, but I do not see why we cant all just enjoy the renaissance that should be on us next year.
I agree. It's ridiculous that console wars still exist amongst adults. It's one thing to celebrate when consoles are doing well by the consumers, but then people take it too far and don't allow any criticism towards their preferred brand even when it suits their best interests.

The general toxicity and basement dwelling mentality of it is just quite pathetic. Especially this generation, where all three major platforms seem to be doing hot unlike last generation where the PS4 was dominating. But now there's so much coming from Playstation and Xbox that it feels like a competition again, while Nintendo is completely owning their niche, and we the consumers are the winners.

What the f*ck is there to fight about or flex? A bunch of grown men admitting they can only afford one console, meanwhile trying to put others down and feeling superior for having one plastic box. I thought this was just sh*t kids argue about in the school yard, but holy sh*t, the amount of grown men initiating this garbage on the internet is staggering.

Ikawaru

I can imagine the CEO's of Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo being good buddies and laughing their way to the bank at these online "wars".

Turo602

The King of Kings
Perhaps I was too harsh on this game.
These previews have definitely done more for me than any of the trailers and I'm glad combat is much deeper than it first appeared. The future of superhero games is definitely looking bright. I just hope Guardians of the Galaxy can keep this momentum going.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
What have I become lol. This is an actual conversation between me and my husband this morning.

Husband : I need ironthread and ironhide. I am willing to pay for them.

Me : OK. -sends what I have- I've sent what I have.

Husband : How much would you like?

Me : Whatever you think is fair. I will take Nirnroots.

Husband : OK.

Am I becoming a Kajiit? Lol

Ikawaru

Speaking of Elder Scrolls

n5JAFys.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the series myself and am staunchly Windows these days, but I can imagine some Sony fans being real bummed at this. It's looking like the next era of gaming is going to be about ecosystems and exclusives rather than the universalism "across-all-platforms" of the past couple decades or so. Interesting times ahead.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Well thats unfortunate. I can't say it surprises me per se, after recent business transactions between said parties.

SpaceOwlHoot

I was out on my lunch break today and saw a white Mercedes C class drive by with the Umbrella Corporation logo on the side and its motto underneath...didn't get a chance to get a picture or get a good look at the motto but I think it was this one "Preserving the health of the people"

Ikawaru

My Xbox controller for PC just **** the bed, and I haven't even had it a terribly long time at all so I guess it's time to try out a PS5 controller? Should be quite playable now that firmware updates on Windows are available. I hear the sticks are really good.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
The newest trailer for The Callisto Protocol is ***** awesome. This is EXACTLY the kind of new horror experience I've been waiting for! And the best thing is... it's in third person!

Turo602

The King of Kings
I know right? From December to March, we got The Callisto Protocol, Dead Space remake, and Resident Evil 4 remake. All third-person survival horror games (that are all oddly kind of related in a way). Seriously stoked, especially after how much first-person has dominated the horror genre.

Ikawaru

I demand Square Enix and Konami now announce another Parasite Eve and Silent Hill so we can, you know, get the complete package. (y)

(Perhaps Dino Crisis as well for all you Dino n3rds)

Not particularly GAME or HORROR related but I actually agree with Microsoft here (The title is a bit misleading from the content of the article). My experience with Unions is that they just make the job worse and alienate the company from the workers, I definitely agree workers should get better pay and more reasonable hours, but I don't think it takes a Union to achieve that in the 21st century with all the modern tools available. Just beef up their pay and treat them better and, BAM, you can get a functioning work environment going. SHOW THEM THE MONEY.

Ikawaru

Well, yeah but companies aren't doing that hence the unionizations.

Yes, whilst I don't give a sh*t about Starbucks or Amazon and wouldn't be caught dead working for them anyway, I do like Microsoft and I think the best way to preempt unionization would be to...raise their pay/benefits and to treat them better just like I said. Unionization drives a wedge in ecosystems and is frankly, a pretty backwards solution at this point. It's good though that crappy companies are now unionizing, as that should compel the good ones to smarten up.

I guess it doesn't matter much at this point anyway, thanks to abysmal government policy, CPI (consumer pricing index) and inflation are now sky high and essential goods like food and gas now cost an arm and a leg, which could very well accelerate and enhance the already existing internal problems of the U.S. For example, there have been almost 300 mass shootings in America in just 2022 alone.

But damn, Wrongtopicitis is strong in me.

October 28th DLC arrives, which would be almost a year and a half since the games launch. Yay? Nay? Village is a mixed bag at best, not sure even a large DLC overhaul could fix it, more Donna B would be nice, had a slight crush on her but she died so quickly w/o even developing her character in the game.

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
ZOMG, a teaser for a new Silent Hill game just got leaked:

July 12, 8 days, mark your calendars.

Man, don't give me false hope. I'm instantly reminded of how badly Konami f*cked up on Silent Hills, Contra: Rogue Corps and Metal Gear Survive and even the Silent Hill 2 and 3 remasters, which shouldn't even be possible, but... dammit, new Silent Hill, how could I not get excited? I think I'm gonna have a brain aneurism trying to temper my expectations.

And I believe it's legit because it was immediately taken down off various websites, and there's only one reason Konami would do this, and it's not to be dicks as popular as it may be to believe that with anything Konami these days.

Last edited:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I don’t know man. The Silent Hill community have probably been plagued by more fake rumors than every other game community combined. Personally I think the ”teaser” looks fan-made, and besides why would a video shown exclusively for shareholders have a countdown meter?

Top Bottom