• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you cooking?

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
It'll be a full roast dinner tonight.

In reality, that means lukewarm chicken, burnt roast potatoes, cold vegetables, half-developed Yorkshire puddings and scalding hot gravy to try and save it all.

Can't wait :D

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It'll be a full roast dinner tonight.

In reality, that means lukewarm chicken, burnt roast potatoes, cold vegetables, half-developed Yorkshire puddings and scalding hot gravy to try and save it all.

Can't wait :D
Lol it sounds tasty to me!!

madzia

As I have recently decided to eat healthy and take a little more care of myself, I decided that it is a good time for a healthy diet. Fish, turkey and chicken are the staples of my diet, and recently for breakfast I made asparagus wrapped in Black Forest ham with two soft-boiled eggs and toast! Put the asparagus in the water and cook it until they are soft. Then I dry it, wrap it with ham and put it in the oven for a moment. I take everything out, break the eggs and feel the sky in my mouth. If someone likes light, healthy breakfasts, I recommend it

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
As I have recently decided to eat healthy and take a little more care of myself, I decided that it is a good time for a healthy diet. Fish, turkey and chicken are the staples of my diet, and recently for breakfast I made asparagus wrapped in Black Forest ham with two soft-boiled eggs and toast! Put the asparagus in the water and cook it until they are soft. Then I dry it, wrap it with ham and put it in the oven for a moment. I take everything out, break the eggs and feel the sky in my mouth. If someone likes light, healthy breakfasts, I recommend it
This sounds like a helluva good way to eat healthy pal!

"I’ve concocted a new recipe!" Karlabos Cream Croquettes, Keycatrich Salad, and Creamy Fowl Saute, all from Final Fantasy XV! How’s this look fellow nerds! Ignis would be proud!

204926590_4539175769434777_7939015766541558251_n.jpg

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Ok, so as of today I am riddled with diabeetus, so I tried out a diabetic friendly recipe and I really like it. You cook up some whole-wheat pasta, leeks, lean bacon and rosemary. Mix up some sun dried tomato paste with fat free natural yoghurt and stir through the rest of the ingredients so it warms up.

I honestly thought it would taste like garbage, but it was uber delicious.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am glad you know the diagnosis now and never have to worry about it again. Good luck with the transition period! AND that meal sounds really good. But I am a sucker for leeks in anything.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
No cooking in the summer..... I'm basically eating out everyday. So at the end of the month, I really have no excuse to say "Where did all my money go?" :ROFL:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
What are your typical order in meals?

Typically, my wife and I switch between Italian, Pizza, Mexican, Salads, and Chinese. But we do live in a culturally diverse area and have many other food types around, so it is great for us.

Jonipoon

What are your typical order in meals?

Typically, my wife and I switch between Italian, Pizza, Mexican, Salads, and Chinese. But we do live in a culturally diverse area and have many other food types around, so it is great for us.
This is one difference I find so interesting between you Americans and us Europeans. When you go out for dinner, you always say the name of the country whose food the restaurant is based on. Like ”Let’s eat Italian tonight” or ”How about some Chinese food?”. But here we never say that, we always say the dish or the name of the restaurant, like instead of Italian we would say ”Let’s go for pasta tonight”, etc. And instead of saying ”I know this great Mexican place” we’d say ”I know this great taco place”.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Very interesting! I suppose it makes sense since the US is made of almost entirely immigrants, so we determine food type based on nationality. But I also look at my Ancestry DNA test every month which feels particularly American to me. haha.

I revel in my Italian DNA. And I am still surprised to find that I have a small percentage (4%) of Middle Eastern DNA as well.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Tonight will be frittata with a billion vegetables in it because they need eating up...getting our kitchen renovated, so cooking is a bit tricky at the moment with zero worktops and one half-broken cooker.

It'll be nice when it's done though

SpaceOwlHoot

This is one difference I find so interesting between you Americans and us Europeans. When you go out for dinner, you always say the name of the country whose food the restaurant is based on. Like ”Let’s eat Italian tonight” or ”How about some Chinese food?”. But here we never say that, we always say the dish or the name of the restaurant, like instead of Italian we would say ”Let’s go for pasta tonight”, etc. And instead of saying ”I know this great Mexican place” we’d say ”I know this great taco place”.

This is very interesting. Where in Europe are you from?

I live in the mid-west US but am originally from Europe and have a good mixture of American friends and friends from other countries.

I've personally used both ways of asking..given the situation, one way or the other may make more sense to me

Jonipoon

This is very interesting. Where in Europe are you from?

I live in the mid-west US but am originally from Europe and have a good mixture of American friends and friends from other countries.

I've personally used both ways of asking..given the situation, one way or the other may make more sense to me
I’m from Sweden. We tend to jump on specfic food trends rather quickly over here which is nice, but sometimes you can’t be sure if something tastes authentic or not. The only way to find out is to travel to its country of origin, obviously.

But even here there are exceptions to the ”rule” I mentioned earlier. Like for example right now there’s been a recent big trend of opening restaurants with ”pan-asian cuisine”, which obviously is just a new trendy way of saying Asian fusion. I’ve never actually heard anyone use the word in spoken words though, as it seems to be used simply as a marketing ploy.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Me the fiancee and the kiddo made personal pizzas for dinner last night! One that was Bacon and Pepperoni with Pretzel crust and a Cheese sauce. A regular pepperoni with red sauce, one with bacon and buffalo sauce, and a final with white sauce and bacon. It was a cute and fun way to all get the kinda pie we want and spend time in the kitchen as a family :)
227509352_4639384209413932_8417376726870087242_n.jpg

Top Bottom