• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you cooking?

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
So did you all eat toast?

I love me some sautéed mushrooms!
Do you know what? It actually worked brilliantly! Red and yellow peppers, baked for 20 minutes first and then stuffed with seasoned couscous, pieces of halloumi and sauteed mushrooms which had been marinated in balsamic vinegar, chinese chilli seasoning, garlic and olive oil.

No toast for me that day :lol:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Do you know what? It actually worked brilliantly! Red and yellow peppers, baked for 20 minutes first and then stuffed with seasoned couscous, pieces of halloumi and sauteed mushrooms which had been marinated in balsamic vinegar, chinese chilli seasoning, garlic and olive oil.

Sounds delicious!

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium

This literally sounds heavenly. I may have to steal this recipe.

After talking about Terry's Chocolate Orange in the Thinking thread, I decided to make chocolate orange cupcakes today! My piping leaves a bit to be desired - this is my first attempt at it, but I feel like I've not done bad!

S8O4Prw.jpg

DKPT7xj.jpg

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Love to see some quality baking!

I, on the other hand, really botched some chocolate chip cookies last night. I think I added a tablespoon of baking soda when I was supposed to add a teaspoon. The cookies came out like little bread loaves and tasted salty. Me and Mrs. Wayne still managed to eat 4 of them. And I am contemplating having one right now. They're still passable as cookies I guess. Whoops!

I just finished building a brick fire pit for my love's 30th birthday. So tonight HOPEFULLY we'll be cooking hot dogs (veggie dogs for her) over an open fire. Maybe we'll bake potatoes in the coals too. Haven't decided the menu 100% yet. It's not every day you get to cook over a roaring fire!... in the 85 degree heat (30 degrees Celsius for our non-American friends!)

Ann_39

I like cooking all kinds of comfort foods! Tonight it was chicken, mashed potato, mac & cheese and biscuits.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
This literally sounds heavenly. I may have to steal this recipe.

After talking about Terry's Chocolate Orange in the Thinking thread, I decided to make chocolate orange cupcakes today! My piping leaves a bit to be desired - this is my first attempt at it, but I feel like I've not done bad!

S8O4Prw.jpg

DKPT7xj.jpg
Whoa, now those look NICE!

Reactions: Jen

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm currently baking some maple brown sugar granola to put on top of my yogurt for some texture variety. It also makes a killer cereal.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That sounds lovely! I have made some very good granola in the past. But I made like a gallon of it and by the last serving, I was SICK of it. I lost the taste for cinnamon and coconut flakes for like 2 months.

About to make French Onion soup and currently figuring out how to use Vegetable Broth and make it taste like beef. Maybe clove? haha

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I have always wanted to make french onion soup. Nothing holding me back or anything just never did it. Maybe I'll make it next weekend since I took an extra day off for my birthday.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I made it was it was lovely/weird. I didn't have any wine to flavor the broth, so I ended up using balsamic vinegar which added a sweet component.

I also used Veggie brother, but I flavored it like it was beef using Worcestershire and Soy sauce. Overall, the flavor was very close to what beef tastes like and the vegetarian Mrs. really appreciated it.

Next time, I at least use the wine! haha

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Looks delicious, @KennedyKiller. You should try pouring it into a bowl next time though, for maximum Japanese effect!

I made real Swedish meatballs a few days ago, cooked in cream sauce. They turned out sooo tasty you just don't wanna stop eating lol.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
One of my favorite meals to whip up has become eggs and avocado/guac. I’ve yet to make it look nice for a picture because it sometimes looks like a baby threw up on my plate but damn it’s delicious.
Sometimes I boil the eggs and sometimes I make them over-easy. Little bit of garlic salt, pepper, and mild hot sauce and BAM.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I had no idea we had so many amazing cooks here. I'm not so great at it myself, my fiance does most of the cooking.

I'll be cooking tonight though since I'm off and he's at work. Fried salmon patties and fried potatoes. It's really the only thing I can cook just because it's simple and I'm not one for patience, lol.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
We had a birthday party for a friend at my house this weekend and we had a lot of great food. But they only left me in charge of the fruit salad. I just threw what we had in to it and it turned out great, so I am convinced ANYTHING can be in a fruit salad as long as it has fruit qualities.

For reference, I used Mango, Kiwi, Blueberries, Raspberries, and Grapes. But it tasted like any other fruit salad to a pretty solid degree.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I can't eat fruit at all - my mum told me I used to until I choked on some as a toddler and ever since then I've been unable to eat it. Any of it. If it is pureed within an inch of its life, fine. But any discernible texture and I'm done. I had many issues with texture and foods until I was an adult...all are gone aside from the fruit thing (and raw veg). I have repeatedly tried eating fruit but I just chew and chew until it's a horrible mess in my mouth and then cannot swallow without gagging. Miracle I'm not riddled with scurvy, really...

Anywho, I've just made vanilla butter cake.

Can't begin to tell you how close to a heart attack this thing is...but is mucho yummy all the same.

Sien

I myself am an absolute layman in baking, but I love to try it. I was lucky with my wife in this regard)) She bakes amazing homemade pies and this is one of the qualities that I appreciate in her (among everything else)

Top Bottom