• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you cooking?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I just realized I haven't had breakfast yet and it is 10:57 AM (Eastern Standard Time) right now. But reading this post just makes me hungry!

I had a wonderful brunch meal with my family yesterday. It was wonderful. We made savory crepes and sweet crepes.

Savoury options - We made a chicken, mushroom, and swiss messy stir fry, fried bacon, and corned beef hash (Hello St. Paddy's Day!)
Sweet options - Mascarpone cheese, sliced bananas, and chocolate syrup.

There was also a salmon option, but I don't eat fish. Any kind. But man, did I enjoy the heck out of that brunch. And I got to hold my 1 month old niece for a few hours too. It was the perfect Sunday morning.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I just realized I haven't had breakfast yet and it is 10:57 AM (Eastern Standard Time) right now. But reading this post just makes me hungry!

I had a wonderful brunch meal with my family yesterday. It was wonderful. We made savory crepes and sweet crepes.

Savoury options - We made a chicken, mushroom, and swiss messy stir fry, fried bacon, and corned beef hash (Hello St. Paddy's Day!)
Sweet options - Mascarpone cheese, sliced bananas, and chocolate syrup.

There was also a salmon option, but I don't eat fish. Any kind. But man, did I enjoy the heck out of that brunch. And I got to hold my 1 month old niece for a few hours too. It was the perfect Sunday morning.

Sounds great. I had oatmeal with blueberries and some orange juice for breakfast and my probiotic drink. It's getting near lunch time though; I'm making sea bass with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. Nothing too impressive but it won't kill my stomach or my blood pressure lol.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Lockdown food - today, it's slow cooked tomato and pepper soup, using what little fresh veg I could find in the shops and a crap tonne of herbs and spices to make it slightly less gross.

Don't even really like tomato soup, but in this current climate, one cannot be too fussy.

But I can still complain about it :lol:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Did some pork steak spiced with fresh thyme and pink pepper last night:

pork.png

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Looks friggin delicious.

Avocado toast with pickled red onions, port salut cheese and a bunch of pine nuts on top.

While I didn’t make it myself (I went to this really great French cafe near me) they had the best avocado toast with pickled onions, arugula and a poached egg. Best combo of flavors.

I really need to expand on my cooking skills. Being single, I mostly just sauté some veggies up for myself, but every once in a blue moon I try to cook up something.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Since quarantine began, Mrs. Uniqteas (not married yet) and I have been cooking a lot and a lot of unique items including:

-Orange Tofu with Broccoli and Rice
-Indian Dahl
-Three Cheese and Asparagus Ravioli in a Walnut Garlic Butter Sauce and Blueberry Goat Cheese
-Vegetable Potstickers
-Pan Seared BBQ Chicken
-Cabbage Soup

She is a vegetarian, so it is easy for me to get in to a routine of making a big vegetarian option and then cooking chicken or a burger on the side for me. I am enjoying cooking more ethnic foods though - About to enjoy some homemade almond, vanilla, maple, raspberry granola with yogurt!

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
It was my brother's 30th birthday a few days ago and my original plan was to try and make a carrot cake with cream cheese icing for the first time. This has been put on hold while I've been recovering from illness, but I'm hoping I'll be able to make the attempt in a few days. I'll post a picture when it's done (and if it doesn't go completely wrong. Then again, maybe I will post if it goes wrong to give people a laugh :razz:).

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
The carrot cake was a success!

40XRGcX.jpg

22ESsvq.png

FIg7geX.png

I didn't realise that the recipe that I used would make a pretty big cake. It took my family almost a week to get through it, but damn, it was good. I'm no artist though, so the cream cheese buttercream isn't very pretty.

Apologies for the massive pictures.

Last edited:

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Had chicken and rice noodles for dinner...but the chicken was covered in this amazeballs Chinese salt and chilli pepper seasoning by Kerala.

Seriously, Google it. Twitter went crazy about it just before lockdown and I managed to get the last tub in store - hasn't been seen since around here. It makes everything taste a billion times better...

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Ooh you're making me proper hungry...in my house, no one eats curry but me so I rarely get it.

Happy with the result?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ooh you're making me proper hungry...in my house, no one eats curry but me so I rarely get it.

Happy with the result?
I was very happy! I hadn't had curry but once in a Japanese joint like 7 or so years ago. I would have preferred it be a bit spicier, but with all the spices I put in, I thought it was overkill. Guess no lol. Definitely a dish I'll be making again!

Top Bottom