• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village What’s the deal with Lady Dimitrescu?

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
After all these months since seeing her outside of the initial reveal trailer, I truly don’t understand the fanbase’s love for - and fetishizing of - Lady Dimitrescu. Seriously, what the hell is going on with this? Are people not seeing how hideous this character is? She’s young-looking, yes, and maybe that’s contributing to it, but I don’t see how her other attributes are somehow softened simply because she’s not an old, decrepit witch. Her chalk-white skin is horrendous, her blood-red lipstick is disgusting, her height is nauseating, and her old-fashioned dress sense is absolutely awful. She is the least sexy female character in the whole series who hasn’t already mutated into a blob of flesh and eyes and limbs. This woman is less attractive for me than pre-mutation Marguerite Baker! I truly don’t get why so many people are obsessed with this character. I can’t stand looking at any screenshots or trailers that include her, and I am probably looking forward to killing her more than I have any Resident Evil creature, ever.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I understand that she is an enemy and is designed to be scary. But I think a lot of the adoration for her is a meme.

Aside from that, she is an attractive woman. I think it is more comedic for people to fetishize her for her assets and height as a villain. But some people probably are really in to that whole look. And that is fine. Everyone has different tastes and that is cool. Take me for instance. Some people adore men with red hair, beards, and a tragic fashion sense. Some people hate that. But I found love with someone who really likes the aesthetic I sell. It is different for every person and maybe when you are closer to Lady Demetriscus age, you will see her in a different light. Or maybe not. haha

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
I think I would need to be in another species to see her differently. Of all the monsters that RE has given us, and all the human villains it has given us, Lady D is the one that toes the threshold so thoroughly that I find her otherworldly and disturbing. Moreso than any of the human-like enemies we’ve faced before. She seems more alien than mutant, and frankly she makes me want to vomit whenever I see her. The folks who legitimately fetishize her sexually, I can’t help but wonder if they’re into necrophilia, because she is too much like a corpse. A far more unnerving corpse than any zombie could ever be.

Last edited:

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
To which I would ask: would you feel the same if she were a male character invoking those same actions and feelings? And if the answer is no, then doesn’t that suggest something wrong with this picture?

In any case, my issue is specifically with her sexualization, that so many people online since that trailer showing her ducking under the doorway have exhibited fetishistic fantasies about her in a way that indicates they find her physically attractive, and I just want to know: WHY?! How do many people find this disturbing woman hot? If it’s domination fantasies, that’s one thing, but it’s not just that, it’s people actually being attracted to her physically. What are all these people seeing?

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
Her clothes are too loose and billowy to provide any kind of admiration for her ass’s size and/or shape, and her titties are white as a poison mushroom. Guess I’ll have to resign myself to never getting it, ‘cause I’m still at a question mark here.

Hardware

It's simple, she got a fat ass and some fat titties. That's all it is.

Yeah, exactly. The crazy thing is that most of the people I've seen salivating after Lady D are not teenagers, they just act like horny teenagers. That's sad.

Hardware

and her titties are white as a poison mushroom.
She's caked in greasepaint like late-19th century women used to do. You can actually see the cracks in the dried makeup on her cleavage. I was hoping she was using it to hide something disgusting (like rotting flesh), but apparently she's just a very tall woman with very big breasts. I heard she actually turns into a monster for he boss-fight though (I'd be surprised of the opposite).

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
She's caked in greasepaint like late-19th century women used to do.

Well, I guess that makes her slightly less disgusting, if that’s makeup instead of her skin actually being that white, but no less unattractive. She still looks nauseating.

justliketheplant

To which I would ask: would you feel the same if she were a male character invoking those same actions and feelings? And if the answer is no, then doesn’t that suggest something wrong with this picture?

People like the Joker, Tony Soprano, Walter White, Hannibal Lector, Loki, etc for their own reasons. As long as they understand its fiction and not a blueprint and/or a mirror of their lives, there's no harm in it.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Not saying it’s wrong, I just don’t get it. At least, I don’t get why there’s so much of it.
It's really a taste thing. The vast majority of relationships I've been in have been with people with alabaster skin. Like straight white, might as well be a vampire. I can't tell you why I prefer alabaster skin, but I do. I'm just drawn to it for whatever reason. Same with blue eyes. I love blue eyes. Why? Because. I don't know. We all like what we like, and of course when it comes to men, if they are also into the alabaster look, adding the physical assets on top of that would only add to the draw.

TLDR : This is basically like asking why someone likes the physical attributes that they like in a given physical appearance. Most times there is no answer that will please someone who doesn't have the same tastes.

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
Well, having played the game, I’m happy to say (because I’d have seemed like quite the idiot if I’d had to take it back) that my opinion on Lady D did not change, and if anything has been more firmly cemented. Every aspect trying to convey her in a sexual manner, from
her sucking the blood from Ethan’s arm, to chaining him up by his arms in her bedroom, to our peeking in on her from a lower angle while she’s in one of her changing rooms;
it all came across as absolutely disgusting to me, and the furthest from sexy that any female character in the series has ever been.

I felt relief when
she mutated; it was startlingly grotesque, but didn’t give me the willies like her normal form, and was really no worse than anything we’ve seen since the days of Birkin.
I was quite happy when I finally killed her.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I’m not sure about the sexualization of her, or how she became a meme so fast, but I do understand her as a villain. She’s a powerful person, a Lord, and a force to be reckoned with. Male or female it doesn’t matter, people are thirsty for power, and she’s got it. There’s tons of folks who find Wesker attractive because of this as well. Hell, there’s dozens of fans who wanna bang the joker too, and he’s absolutely vile. It’s all about personal taste, and attraction to ( or rather magnetization to ) a powerfully evil person.

Personally, I like her style. It’s very early 20th century chic. I wonder what type of Gatsby-like parties the Dimitrescu family held in the early days lmao

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
Me thinks he doth protest too much. It's so obvious that he secretly likes her

Honestly why else would he make such a big deal about it?
No, I most certainly do not secretly like her. I’m absolutely repulsed by here, and honestly, I’m surprised by that. But the fact is, I am. I cannot stand this character, but while I can understand the people who do sexualize her, I just can’t understand why it’s so many despite all her disgusting attributes, or why she became such a popular meme. Good lord, Claire and Jill never got such frenzied attention by so many so quickly, and they’re legit sexy, not like Dimitrescu. I probably wouldn’t even have that much of a problem with it if the media surrounding this game and response of the fandom wasn't so saturated with her image. Since I was forced to see her everywhere, the nauseating things about her just got worse for me every time I’d see her. I’m so glad other characters such as the Duke and that doll are getting more exposure now, decreasing how often I have to look at Dimitrescu’s revolting image.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I’m not sure about the sexualization of her, or how she became a meme so fast, but I do understand her as a villain. She’s a powerful person, a Lord, and a force to be reckoned with. Male or female it doesn’t matter, people are thirsty for power, and she’s got it. There’s tons of folks who find Wesker attractive because of this as well. Hell, there’s dozens of fans who wanna bang the joker too, and he’s absolutely vile. It’s all about personal taste, and attraction to ( or rather magnetization to ) a powerfully evil person.

Personally, I like her style. It’s very early 20th century chic. I wonder what type of Gatsby-like parties the Dimitrescu family held in the early days lmao
Exactly this.

The fact that Dimitrescu’s character kicked up a lot of hype stems to the fact that a lot of people love the witch and vampire theme (just look at American Horror Story’s Coven season which was one of the most popular seasons).
People started cosplaying her before the game even released because she has some sex appeal and a fun concept.

A person from another forum I frequent used to bash the RE series but now seems to love the themes and memes of RE8. Its just a theme that’s going to appeal to new and old fans alike and Capcom is gonna ride the wave.

Also...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Teen Tyrant I'm going to be completely honest here: I think you might need some professional help. I don't think it's healthy for you to feel this strongly about a fictional character. Nauseating and revolting are pretty strong terms for someone you don't know personally, let alone someone who isn't even real.

Perhaps Lady D's beauty and comfort with her sexuality, paired with her domineering characterization, remind you of someone in your own life that you feel these thoughts for? Or maybe they make you feel things you'd rather not confront and so you turn to hate?

Either way, please reach out to someone regarding your violent aversion to strong, fictional, female characters. We're all very concerned.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Exactly this.

The fact that Dimitrescu’s character kicked up a lot of hype stems to the fact that a lot of people love the witch and vampire theme (just look at American Horror Story’s Coven season which was one of the most popular seasons).
People started cosplaying her before the game even released because she has some sex appeal and a fun concept.

A person from another forum I frequent used to bash the RE series but now seems to love the themes and memes of RE8. Its just a theme that’s going to appeal to new and old fans alike and Capcom is gonna ride the wave.

Also...
I just spat out my espresso at that video lmao but yeah! I know I’d been looking for a decent vampire/werewolf game for a while ( I played Vampyr last year and loved it ) and that sort of satiated my thirst ( ha, see what i did there ) for the long overlooked genre in video games. I mean, love her or hate her... you gotta admit Lady D and her daughters are quite enticing.

Top Bottom