• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 We need Sheva!

Do you think Sheva should be brought back.

• Total voters

Camhot56

Ok so we all seen the Resident Evil 6 trailer and there was Chris but no Sheva do you guys think that Capcom really would just forget about Sheva because of all the hate towards Resident evil 5. Lets save her. Put the game Resident evil 5 aside for a second and think about sheva was her character so bad.

Camhot56

No its just the fact that you had to depend on her the entire game think if Sheva was one of those characters who just popped in for a few missions to help would youstill hate her. i think its the game resident evil 5 itself that was the problem

bruno

Chief Researcher
I didn't like Sheva as a character, you can perfectly tell they rushed to give her a crappy story as an excuse for the co-op... If they were going to make co-op, they should ave worked much more on Sheva nad her background.
Characters I'd like to see again include Rebecca, Claire, Barry, Sherry, Jessica or Raymond, for example.
Sheva is just a one-game character like Billy, Carlos or Steve.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I didn't hate her, she was alright. But I also agree that she feels more like a one game type of character.

I did vote 'maybe' because if they do have a merc. game for RE6, I wouldn't hate seeing her. It would be sweet if they brought back a whole bunch of (updated) characters for a merc game, especially considering how many people can play online at once.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I can honestly say I'm not a fan of Resident Evil 5 or having to have a partner the entire time but I truly don't think that's why I dislike Sheva. (But no, the fact that she hogged ammo and continuously shot me in the back of the head the whole time doesn't help her case.)

Sheva showed up and, in my opinion, pushed herself on the player: "Hey, I'm your new partner and you're stuck with me!" I also wasn't too fond of her little bought of indecision during the...second chapter of the game, I believe. She went from wanting to get the hell out of there to: "No, I'm with you 'til the end" in two seconds flat; her loyalty doesn't strike much confidence in me if we want to get right down to it. Her voice actress kind of got on my nerves as well. She's supposed to be African so why in the world does she sound British half the time?

I wasn't too fond of how all the attention went to Sheva and how Jill was so casually dismissed in this game either. I mean Jill has spent her entire video-game life fighting Umbrella and Wesker, she risked and very nearly lost her life to kill him and ended up his captive for somewhere around three years and the person who gets to off him in the last five minutes of the game is Sheva, who doesn't even know who Wesker is until the very end?

:eek: Say what now?

I don't know, to me she just came off as a token, nothing more. I mean Capcom can say what they want about how critical response to the first Resident Evil 5 trailer had nothing to do with the changes they made to the game but when the first trailer comes out and every one's all up in arms about racism and then the second trailer comes out a year - not a week or a month but a year - later and you now have a partner who just so happens to be African, something's going on. Her character felt very forced and rushed; Josh was deeper than she was and he was only in the game for, what, five seconds? I mean I have no problem with having an African character put in the games but I think it needs to be a planned addition not:

"Oh ****, people are crying racism and the game takes place in Africa, what do we do?"

"Well it's too late to change the location."

"I know! Let's add a African character as Chris' partner, that'll end the caterwauling for sure!"

At least with Carlos and Steve, if you didn't like them, it was okay because you weren't attached to their hip every second of the game. And Billy...well I just don't see how anyone can dislike Billy; a very nice addition to the Resident Evil universe and a good way to handle a one-time character. (Made me want to see more of him, though. :oops:)

With each of these characters, you could tell that there was some thought put into adding them, with Sheva...not so much.

Camhot56

I can honestly say I'm not a fan of Resident Evil 5 or having to have a partner the entire time but I truly don't think that's why I dislike Sheva. (But no, the fact that she hogged ammo and continuously shot me in the back of the head the whole time doesn't help her case.)

Sheva showed up and, in my opinion, pushed herself on the player: "Hey, I'm your new partner and you're stuck with me!" I also wasn't too fond of her little bought of indecision during the...second chapter of the game, I believe. She went from wanting to get the hell out of there to: "No, I'm with you 'til the end" in two seconds flat; her loyalty doesn't strike much confidence in me if we want to get right down to it. Her voice actress kind of got on my nerves as well. She's supposed to be African so why in the world does she sound British half the time?

I wasn't too fond of how all the attention went to Sheva and how Jill was so casually dismissed in this game either. I mean Jill has spent her entire video-game life fighting Umbrella and Wesker, she risked and very nearly lost her life to kill him and ended up his captive for somewhere around three years and the person who gets to off him in the last five minutes of the game is Sheva, who doesn't even know who Wesker is until the very end?

I don't know, to me she just came off as a token, nothing more. I mean Capcom can say what they want about how critical response to the first Resident Evil 5 trailer had nothing to do with the changes they made to the game but when the first trailer comes out and every one's all up in arms about racism and then the second trailer comes out a year - not a week or a month but a year - later and you now have a partner who just so happens to be African, something's going on. Her character felt very forced and rushed; Josh was deeper than she was and he was only in the game for, what, five seconds? I mean I have no problem with having an African character put in the games but I think it needs to be a planned addition not:

"Oh ****, people are crying racism and the game takes place in Africa, what do we do?"

"Well it's too late to change the location."

"I know! Let's add a African character as Chris' partner, that'll end the caterwauling for sure!"

At least with Carlos and Steve, if you didn't like them, it was okay because you weren't attached to their hip every second of the game. And Billy...well I just don't see how anyone can dislike Billy; a very nice addition to the Resident Evil universe and a good way to handle a one-time character. (Made me want to see more of him, though. :oops:)

With each of these characters, you could tell that there was some thought put into adding them, with Sheva...not so much.

I get where your coming from but I think that is how they desighned her character as a loyal person she waqs about to leave and she wanted to Chris to leave with her but when he denied she relized that he was her partner and she wanted to stick with him.

ToCool74

Veteran Member

I also absolutely hated that.

Sheva who did not even have the slightest history with Wesker got to kill him over Jill who has had a LONG history with fighting Umbrella and Wesker and through it all she got shafted in favor of Sheva which was ridiculous on so many levels.

Wesker deserved to go out at the hands of his 2 most hated enemies Chris and Jill and Jill deserved to kill wesker along with her longtime partner Chris.

Camhot56

I also absolutely hated that.

Sheva who did not even have the slightest history with Wesker got to kill him over Jill who has had a LONG history with fighting Umbrella and Wesker and through it all she got shafted in favor of Sheva which was ridiculous on so many levels.

Wesker deserved to go out at the hands of his 2 most hated enemies Chris and Jill and Jill deserved to kill wesker along with her longtime partner Chris.

What you guys are not seeing is that Capcom is trying to bring in new character and looking at Weskers history do you really think he is dead .

Top Bottom