• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Ways to kill Regenerators

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
What is the most cost-effective way to kill a Regenerator if you don't have the thermal scope or one of the unlockable superguns?

With the wooden shotgun with exclusive upgrade it takes too much ammo to kill these things. Regenerators have 2-5 Leech Plaga and I guess the plagas must be hit in order to kill a Regenerator. Or can it die if you shoot it enough in the flesh? (You can kill a Garrador without hitting the parasite but it takes much ammo.)

Regardless if flesh wounds hurt it or not, hitting the parasites makes the Regenerator die faster. Because of this, I imagined shotguns to be one of the better weapons to use. Now I'm not sure because it takes so many shells.

A magnum is much more powerful than a shotgun, but I don't know if that power is totally wasted when plaga is not hit.

I've tried incendiaries, and they don't do alot of damage? Are hand grenades better? Which grenade hurt it the most? I don't have several hand grenades so it's not so easy to test it right now.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
The most cost-effective way to kill a Regenerator is probably with the knife - although what it lacks in cost it certainly makes up for in time. Just take a shotgun to one of its legs, back up and wait for it to do a belly-flop on the floor, and then knife the bajeebas out of it. I also find its the safest way to go without the scope or the Chicago Typerwriter or anything like that.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Thank you for the tip, Femme. You are a pro regardless of what you say yourself! ;)
I tried it and it works sometimes. Often he jumps on me before I can start knifing him, I must get the timing better.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Lol I always just killed them with the rifle and thermal scope. I never tried the approach with the knife...I may have to try that out!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
It's very easy with the thermal scope. What is strange is that it takes so awful many shotgun shells to do the same job, I'm talking somewhere about 30 shells. With many pellets in each shell, I don't see how all the plagas are not killed sooner. :confused:

Top Bottom