• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Was Rebecca surviving lucky or Ironic?

Zacmac90

Out of all the S.T.A.R.S members that were in the series, I have to say that I was surprised that out of all the seasoned veterans on the Bravo Team that 18 year old rookie medic would be the only one that lived...not that I have anything against Rebecca but does anyone else consider Rebecca surviving ironic or just plain lucky?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I think that Rebecca was very lucky. I mean Forest was a marksman and was carrying a bazooka when he died for Capcom's sake! And when you find Rebecca, she's armed with a can of First Aid spray, having dropped her gun somewhere between entering the mansion and finding the save room under the stairs. I mean, sure she helped Chris throughout the game and Zero did make her more bad@ss than she was originally but I still hold onto the fact that 'ol girl was lucky.

Mr Sunshine

Well, realistically none would have survived, imo. It's not like the S.T.A.R.S were trained to face B.O.Ws. It is just that every character has a specific role in a game. One has to be the protagonist, the other has to be a dying character to make the game more intense and there are the supporting characters as well like Rebecca. It seems that the designers wanted a character who could use your help. It wouldn't be very appealing if you had to look after a 40-year-old retired marine for example.

Professor X

Well, realistically none would have survived, imo. It's not like the S.T.A.R.S were trained to face B.O.W's.

You never know...

Realistically, a Tyrant wouldn't be able to take clip after clip like in the game's. Not unless his pain receptor's/Nociceptor's had been shut off.

So in the real world, B.O.W's wouldn't be as hard to defeat as they are in the game's...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Realistically, Wesker wouldn't be able to be American and British, he'd have to choose. ;) (And you can't just pretend to be British because it sounds cooler either; that takes points off your "coolest antagonist of the series" score.)

Mr Sunshine

You never know...

Realistically, a Tyrant wouldn't be able to take clip after clip like in the game's. Not unless his pain receptor's/Nociceptor's had been shut off.

So in the real world, B.O.W's wouldn't be as hard to defeat as they are in the game's...

I don't know what a tyrant would be like in real because he doesn't exist. What I meant when I said realistically is that the tyrant (for example) is a result of sooo many years of experiments. It's described by Wesker as "the ultimate life-form" and it was by far the deadliest of the B.O.Ws back then. It is resistant in gun fire. It is faster, stronger and than every human and it can instantly kill someone with his claws (see Wesker). And then comes the protagonist who is indeed a well-trained soldier but he is totally inexperienced when it comes to biohazards and he manages to survive long enough to grab the rocket launcher? How exactly?

What I mean to say is that in a game there's no luck. There's just who the designers want to be the badass character and who the loser. Because one could say as well that it was luck that Chris/Jill never got a single scratch by a t-virus infected organism. It was luck that Kendo was in front of the door and not Leon. It was luck that the G-monster(or was it Birkin?) instantly grabbed chief Irons through that trap door and not Claire e.t.c..

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
It was luck that the G-monster(or was it Birkin?) instantly grabbed chief Irons through that trap door and not Claire e.t.c..
That was a G embryo; more specifically the one Birkin implanted in Irons before it...escaped from his body. By the way, unless I'm just completely lost here, "G" is what Birkin became - in relation to Resident Evil 2 Birkin is, for all pretense and purposes, "G". (In that same respect, in relation to Degeneration - despite some arguments as to the validity of this movie to the time-line - Curtis Miller is "G".)

LordGolbez

That was a G embryo; more specifically the one Birkin implanted in Irons before it...escaped from his body. By the way, unless I'm just completely lost here, "G" is what Birkin became - in relation to Resident Evil 2 Birkin is, for all pretense and purposes, "G". (In that same respect, in relation to Degeneration - despite some arguments as to the validity of this movie to the time-line - Curtis Miller is "G".)

I Thought Birkin Himself Grabbed Irons On Claire B. I Know That An Embryo Split His Body And Escaped. I Could Be Wrong.

Professor X

I don't know what a tyrant would be like in real life because he doesn't exist. What I meant when I said realistically is that the tyrant (for example) is a result of sooo many years of experiments. It's described by Wesker as "the ultimate life-form" and it was by far the deadliest of the B.O.Ws back then. It is resistant to gun fire. It is faster, stronger and than every human and it can instantly kill someone with his claws (see Wesker).

The Tyrant is reasonably Human as far as physical appearance is concerned. In other word's, he wouldn't be bullet-proof in the real world, because he has the body of a Human Being, and Human Being's are not bullet-proof. That's not how the Human body work's. I'd like to say that no matter how "ultimate" a life-form the Tyrant is, he wouldn't be getting up from a Magnum round to the forehead. It would obliterate his entire cranium.

So your point of Tyrant essentially being as God-like in the real world as he is in the game is moot, Fallen, my friend.

And then comes the protagonist who is indeed a well-trained soldier but he is totally inexperienced when it comes to biohazards and he manages to survive long enough to grab the rocket launcher? How exactly?

How does he survive? Shoot's every monster he come's across once between the eye's (Zombie's) or in the heart/lung's. (Hunter's/Chimera/Tyrant/any living organism)

You perhap's wouldn't need the Rocket Launcher. The Tyrant in the real world, would be about as bullet-proof as your typical everyday person - Because he's a living organism of flesh and bone. Not concrete and steel.

What I mean to say is that in a game there's no luck. There's just who the designers want to be the badass character and who the loser. Because one could say as well that it was luck that Chris/Jill never got a single scratch by a t-virus infected organism. It was luck that Kendo was in front of the door and not Leon. It was luck that the G-monster(or was it Birkin?) instantly grabbed chief Irons through that trap door and not Claire e.t.c..

We're all aware it's Capcom that make the decision of what character's live and which one's die.

Magnolia, and I were simply relating the character's and their situation to reality, and how different thing's could work out in the real world.

Let's try to remain civil. I'm starting to feel like some tension is developing and I don't want this to heat up into an argument.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. ^^

Mr Sunshine

I Thought Birkin Himself Grabbed Irons On Claire B. I Know That An Embryo Split His Body And Escaped. I Could Be Wrong.

I checked youtube. Yeah it was Birkin who grabbed him in scenario B and the G embryo that split his body in scenario A

Professor X

I think in one scenario, a G-Parasite burst's from Irons' torso, killing him in the process. Then, in the other scenario, William pull's Irons down a trapdoor, tear's him in two, and throw's the upper half back up into the room in which Claire is stood with Sherry.

Mr Sunshine

So your point of Tyrant essentially being as God-like in the real world as he is in the game is moot, Fallen, my friend.

That is not my point. What I wanted to say is that the B.O.Ws seem unstoppable when they face a character that it is predetermined to die while they are vulnerable when they face a character who is important to the storyline ahead.

We're all aware it's Capcom that make the decision of what character's live and which one's die.

That is my point. There is no luck. There's is a script behind that justifies Carlos' rocket immunity and Nemesis' preference to insta-drill guys rather than girls. (he has to wait for Jill's health bar to drop below caution..)
Magnolia, and I were simply relating the character's and their situation to reality, and how different thing's could work out in the real world.
That's what I also did. Things could have worked a lot worse for the protagonists as well and I've given quite a few examples.

Anyway. I guess it is just that I'm not much of a fan-boy. And all these discussions about which characters are bad-ass and which not sound so trivial to me.

Professor X

That is not my point. What I wanted to say is that the B.O.Ws seem unstoppable when they face a character that it is predetermined to die while they are vulnerable when they face a character who is important to the storyline ahead.

That is my point. There is no luck. There's is a script behind that justifies Carlos' rocket immunity and Nemesis' preference to insta-drill guys rather than girls. (he has to wait for Jill's health bar to drop below caution..)

That's what I also did. Things could have worked a lot worse for the protagonists as well and I've given quite a few examples.

We were talking about real life. - We all understand and agree, that in the game universe, the character's follow a script, and luck is non-existent.

But in the real world, there is no script, just skill, and maybe luck. (and in the real world, monster's wouldn't be as invincible as they are in the exagerrated, fictional universe)

Anyway. I guess it is just that I'm not much of a fan-boy. And all these discussions about which characters is bad-ass and which not sound so trivial to me.

Indeed. I no longer consider myself a huge fan since BH4, either, though I'm not talking about "who is badass and who isn't" - I'm explaining reality. But this is confusing. It's been fun speaking with you, regardless, Fallen. ^^

Take care.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
No, you're right - it's been a while since I played scenario B so I'm more used to the scenario where the embryo kills him. ;)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You never know...

On the note of pain receptors...thats actually what any virus does when it comes to zombie games/movies...thats what allows zombies to keep walking twords you without recoiling to the pain of the bullets...now the T-Virus turns people into zombies...what does T stand for? Answer: Tyrant...so if the Tyrant virus does this to humans than why would it be any different on the Tyrant himself who was in fact also once human...so really his pain receptors WERE cut off...thats why he could keep on and keep on fighting...he didnt have to stop because of the pain...if you ask me, when he stops after several bullets in the game its not because he FEELS the pain...but because his body knows hes in pain and needs time to regenerate...hence the part where you fight and "hurt" him in the underground lab...

Professor X

On the note of pain receptors...thats actually what any virus does when it comes to zombie games/movies...thats what allows zombies to keep walking twords you without recoiling to the pain of the bullets...now the T-Virus turns people into zombies...what does T stand for? Answer: Tyrant...so if the Tyrant virus does this to humans than why would it be any different on the Tyrant himself who was in fact also once human...so really his pain receptors WERE cut off...thats why he could keep on and keep on fighting...he didnt have to stop because of the pain...if you ask me, when he stops after several bullets in the game its not because he FEELS the pain...but because his body knows hes in pain and needs time to regenerate...hence the part where you fight and "hurt" him in the underground lab...

And?... You're only adding to my point, that Tyrant isn't invincible. The Tyrant isn't a Zombie, by the way.

The Tyrant never regenerated that I know of.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
And?... You're only adding to my point, that Tyrant isn't invincible. The Tyrant isn't a Zombie, by the way.

The Tyrant never regenerated that I know of.
I know he isnt, but the virus is the same to him as it is with them in a lot of ways...and i'm not saying he is invincable...i'm saying he dosnt feel pain...i'm saying that the reason you plug him with 500 bullets is because he can't feel the pain and know to retreat...he just passes out due to the damage his body took...i never ONCE said he was invincable...quite the contrary actually....

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I know he isnt, but the virus is the same to him as it is with them in a lot of ways...and i'm not saying he is invincable...i'm saying he dosnt feel pain...i'm saying that the reason you plug him with 500 bullets is because he can't feel the pain and know to retreat...he just passes out due to the damage his body took...i never ONCE said he was invincable...quite the contrary actually....

Well I'd like to add my two cents, though it seems like you guys have already pretty much covered it all.

But yes, Tyrants are not invincible, though I don't imagine they can feel pain. That said, if a person is on PCP and you tazer them, they'll still come at you, but can still be killed.

Oh, and of course the way something happens in the games, as far as gameplay is concerned isn't....real, or canon I guess. i.e. when you get bit by a zombie in the game, you just lose health.

Same applies to fighting enemies. I assume that if you were to shoot in the brain, right between the eyes, or certainly blow off a Tyrant's head, they would die.

I mean, in Degeneration, when Leon shoots Curtis in the head, he fell down, maybe not toally dead, as G probably would have revived him, but still, effective.

But yeah, I like to think that if in real life, you were to shoot them in the head just right, they would die.

Top Bottom