• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Was it a glitch? Zealot dropped 19,800

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
PS2 version. Chapter 4-1 in the castle, I killed a standard zealot. He is supposed to drop random things or even nothing. I wasn't satisfied so I retried a few times. The last time he dropped 19,800 pesetas.

Normal amounts from zealots are 600 - 1900 pesetas, and on rare occasions 3300. I have gotten 3300 some times, but never more than that as random amount.

I think 19,800 as random amount is pretty weird, so I question if it may be a glitch. What do you think?

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I bet it's probaly a glitch, haha the games probaly thinking "all those times we never paid up when he killed that zealot" haha :d

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Shortly after I died and that money was never saved. Maybe that was a good thing, because I would have been tempted to save had I not died. Maybe the save file would not become glitched but who knows. A reset of the PS2 seemed to be the safest thing to do, but I do miss the money. :ermm:

What's the biggest random amount of cash you've got?

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Think you get 30k from El Gigante besides him, and a few other boss fights it's never happend to me..getting more then normal anyway I had RE4 on Gamecube to start off with which is what I played the game most on if it makes a difference

T Dot

man ur lucky i find it so hard to get money it takes ages considering the amount of stuff u buy

ResidentZelda

oh wow talking about oddities I was just playing and I am at the part were you control Ashley and I killed (burned) a completely normal zealot and if you think that ammount of gold is weird then listen to what I got....200,000 pesetas! I mean I was like :OOOOOOOOOO. In my opinion what happened to you and me is a very rare glitch that only happens in the....Twilight zone! *insert theme here*

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Godzilla90s;60707 said:
was the 19,800 peastas from a zealot leader?
No, as I said it was a standard zealot. Nothing special about him. And a leader would not drop random things. This zealot drops random things and often he drops nothing. And he did not reveal a plaga.

This happened on the bridge after the clock tower in chapter 4-1. It's the clock tower with all the gears, and you pull a lever and the bridge moves so you can continue to a previously cut off area. When exiting the tower, you get alot of zealots on the bridge, one of them is a leader. I killed them all, and more zealots continued to jump down from above. One of these normal zealots dropped 19,800 pesetas.

It must have been a glitch. Because not only did I get 19,800 pesetas from one zealot, the stream of zealots seemed to never stop. I did not know how many zealots the game would throw at me here, but when I died and quit the game, I had killed 22 zealots (11 pairs) after the main wave. That is 14 too many, I later discovered that only 8 is supposed to attack after the main wave.

ResidentZelda;60714 said:
oh wow talking about oddities I was just playing and I am at the part were you control Ashley and I killed (burned) a completely normal zealot and if you think that ammount of gold is weird then listen to what I got....200,000 pesetas! I mean I was like :OOOOOOOOOO. In my opinion what happened to you and me is a very rare glitch that only happens in the....Twilight zone! *insert theme here*
200,000? Are you serious? Well, if a glitch can give 19,800, then why not 200,000. It's only one digit more.

I know how tempting it is to keep all that money, but I think you should reset your console without saving, and delete/overwrite the save file if you did save. It's risky to save a glitched game.
Are you playing the PS2 version?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
That's weird, I've never heard of that before - I have read that if the system has been skipping out on giving you pesetas it will randomly drop a larger amount to 'make up' for it, but I've never heard of anything that large. I do imagine it's some kind of glitch.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
La Femme Fatale;60744 said:
That's weird, I've never heard of that before - I have read that if the system has been skipping out on giving you pesetas it will randomly drop a larger amount to 'make up' for it, but I've never heard of anything that large. I do imagine it's some kind of glitch.
The highest random amount I've ever got is 3300 and I do get that sometimes. To me it seems like a random thing and not something I get after I've had bad luck. But maybe the game keeps an eye on the money I get and actually do try to keep it on an average level.

600, 700, 1900 and 3300 are very rare, 800 and 1800 a little rare and everything in between 1100 and 1600 very common (my own experience).

I have read in a document that random items in barrels and vases etc are determined at the moment they are broken.
But I'm not quite sure when the amount of cash or ammo dropped by enemies are determined; if it is while they are alive, when they die, or when the player picks it up. My guess is at the moment of death.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Crikey! It happened again. A zealot dropped 19,800 pesetas. Same place as last time, I don't know if it's the same zealot but it's not unlikely it is the same.
I have killed about 800 zealots here since I made this thread, so it seems to be an extremely rare jackpot.

Maybe it's not a glitch? Maybe Leon can be incredibly lucky sometimes? That would make sense.
I don't think it's a glitch (not a serious one anyway), so this time I'm gonna keep the money and not reset the console.
If only I could get the super huge jackpot with 200 000 pesetas that Resident Zelda talked about. :eek:

L

Lurker
the most i ever got was 37,900 off a spiky regenerator, about 17,900 more than average

Dos

37900 from an Iron Maiden MUST be a glitch...the one in Chapter 5-1 doesn't give any money at all (instead you get the key to open the door where Ashley is being held)...as for the other two down in the waste dump in 5-2, they have ALWAYS given 20000...never a cent more, or less.

Dos

Dragging up a slightly old topic, but when I was mucking around on normal just two days ago with a chicago typewriter, I was mainly ignoring all the money drops from the Ganados (because on that file I already have about 12 million pstas). When I finally did pick one up in Chapter 1-2, it was 9900 ptsa...by far the largest drop I have ever recieved from any normal Ganado. It's only 100 less than what a Dr Salvador drops! So indeed the game DOES try and even things out in terms of how much money a player gets, but there are certain enemies, cupboards and boxes/vases that ALWAYS drop the same amount too, regardless of what's happened earlier. The two iron maidens in 5-2 always drop 20000, the second batch of Armaduras in the King's grail area 6500...so if you ever get anything extra with these (like the 37900 someone reported above), then it almost certainly is a glitch.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Dos;64923 said:
When I finally did pick one up in Chapter 1-2, it was 9900 ptsa...
9900 is quite a lot!

So indeed the game DOES try and even things out in terms of how much money a player gets,
I have tested this, I have recorded data from 1000 slain monks. I found that the game is not trying to even things out, the large amounts came at random. Everything was random.

But I have not tested what you did, in that case you was MAYBE given better odds for a large amount. But the problem is the amount is simply too large, 9900 must be a glitch. If it was not a glitch and the game gave you max money, it should have been 3300.

So my conclusion is still the opposite of yours, I'm afraid.

Dos

Yeah prior to the 9900 I'd never got a random amount from a Ganado higher than 3300. Maybe it is a glitch, I don't know. What's interesting to note is that both 9900 and the 19800 you once got from a zealot are multiples of 3300- 9900 is 3300 x 3 and 19800 is 3300 x 6.

Top Bottom