• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Two Biggest Bands of the 90's

Green Day or Nirvanna

• Green Day

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Nirvanna

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Tie Game!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both SUCK!

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Nirvanna and Green Day, argueably the two biggest rock bands, if not bands period, of the 90's...both with 94 break-out hits, Smells Like Teen Spirit, and Basket Case...now i'm asking you, which one is better...I choose Green Day, as i personally hate Nirvanna...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
My vote goes to Nirvana, which you spelled incorrectly, by the way.

I have a strong dislike for Green Day and have ever since I can remember. On the other hand I could stand Nirvana and actually found something very pleasing about Cobain's voice. Not to mention that Nirvana always seemed to overshadow Green Day; Smells Like Teen Spirit was practically an anthem of the 90's and everything it stood for while I don't even remember a song called Basket Case - or any 90's Green Day songs for that matter! But when it gets right down to it, I'll always prefer my rockers with teased hair over grease. (You know the term "grunge" doesn't mean you have to completely disregard hygiene; it's just a saying.)

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Same here. My vote goes to Nirvana. I don't like a whole lot of their songs. The only one I ever liked was "Smells Like Teen Spirit". I would get crunk whenever that song would come on. Mind you, I was only about eight years old lmao.

I've always been like my dad...more of a metal type of person.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Same here. My vote goes to Nirvana. I don't like a whole lot of their songs. The only one I ever liked was "Smells Like Teen Spirit". I would get crunk whenever that song would come on. Mind you, I was only about eight years old lmao.

I've always been like my dad...more of a metal type of person.
You and Angel and your imagery. Just the thought of an eight year old Tremor getting crunk to Smells Like Teen Spirit or even saying the word "crunk" is hilarious - lmfao.

And this is why I love you guys.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
No, that I can see. You getting crunk, that's funny. :D But maybe I'm biased because I was like six or seven when my brother decided to introduce me to Metallica and Korn and the like. (Maybe that's why I'm so messed up. A seven year old hearing All in the Family? Could be...:confused:)

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
You too?? My dad had me listening to all kinds of stuff around that age: Rammstein, Metallica, Megadeath, Motley Crue, Korn etc. etc.

If that's why I'm so messed up, then I would have it noo other way :p I love my bands.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I haven't listened to alot of songs from both of these bands and so to make my decision I listened to what is considered their best songs which would be Nirvana's "Smells Like Team Spirit" and Green Day's "American Idiot". To be honest I like "Smells Like Team Spirit" more. My vote goes to Nirvana.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hey i'm actually with you guys...a bit of a metal head...and frankly i love grunge music...i just have a burning HATE for Nirvana...oh and my opologies for spelling that wrong earlier as well, but anyway, Alice in Chains is where it's at when it comes to grunge...Anyway, when it comes to Green Day (Two words btw lol) There is just something about Billie Joe's songwriting that really hits home for me...And you say you can't remember any 90s Green Day songs...so youre saying you don't know When I Come Around or Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)...And i'm also sure you've heard Basket Case...you just don't know because the song itself never says the words "basket case"...But i'm not a total Nirvana hater...i do love the song In Bloom...but thats it...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
You too?? My dad had me listening to all kinds of stuff around that age: Rammstein, Metallica, Megadeath, Motley Crue, Korn etc. etc.

If that's why I'm so messed up, then I would have it noo other way :p I love my bands.
I know what you mean! I freaking love all the music I'm into. Though I do wonder how I ever got into bands like Iron Butterfly and Def Leppard...my mom and my brother were my biggest musical influences, they exposed me to most literally everything but neither are big IB or DL fans...:confused: (I know, how can someone not like DL, right?:eek:)

KK: I believe I vaguely - and when I say vaguely, I mean very vaguely - remember When I Come Around but everything else you mentioned? Flatscan.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I know what you mean! I freaking love all the music I'm into. Though I do wonder how I ever got into bands like Iron Butterfly and Def Leppard...my mom and my brother were my biggest musical influences, they exposed me to most literally everything but neither are big IB or DL fans...:confused: (I know, how can someone not like DL, right?:eek:)

Def Leppard=Greatest band of the 80's...in company with Billy Idol...

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Not fussed about either of those bands, to be honest. But then again the 90's for me were an awkward combination of bad haircuts and even worse glasses, so music was the last thing on my mind. I was more an Indie person during that time anyway - y'know, all the bands which no longer exist but were HUGELY popular at the time thanks to Blur and Oasis.

Considering my parents were Emmylou Harris/random folk band freaks, I think I managed ok in the end - except my loathing of most country and almost all folk music ;)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
two biggest bands in the 90's ? was that all there was in the 90's ?
I agree. I mean don't get me wrong, I see how Nirvana was one of the biggest bands of the 90's but Green Day...? As for mainstream play, I would dare to say they didn't get to be a "big band" until the 2000's. *shrugs* And they're still not even a big band! Sure they've got a sizable following but their fan-base isn't along the same lines as bands like Led Zeppelin, ACDC or Def Leppard; they're not even on the same plane as Nirvana in that respect. (Not from what I've seen anyway.)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I agree. I mean don't get me wrong, I see how Nirvana was one of the biggest bands of the 90's but Green Day...? As for mainstream play, I would dare to say they didn't get to be a "big band" until the 2000's. *shrugs* And they're still not even a big band! Sure they've got a sizable following but they're fan-base isn't along the same lines as bands like Led Zeppelin, ACDC or Def Leppard; they're not even on the same plane as Nirvana in that respect. (Not from what I've seen anyway.)

Actually...they were the worlds biggest band in '95 due to Dookie...after Dookie they sort of dropped off untill 2004 when American Idiot came out...Trust me when i say i actually know this...I'm a Green Day buff, but respect all of you who chose Nirvana...But Green Day was huge in the 90's...And youre wrong about their fanbase as well...they've reached the tittle of "Biggest Band in the World" Three times...I think you guys actually underestimate how big they really are...

two biggest bands in the 90's ? was that all there was in the 90's ?
And there was much more in the ninties too lol, these just happen to be the two biggest...

Top Bottom