• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Zero Tips!? *Very minor spoilers, almost not even spoilers*

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Since there's a remaster coming out next year, I think it's a good idea for a tips thread. Add any tips you think will really help.

-With the formerly decapitated leech man, don't fight it, turn around and try to go back down the stairs. The cutscene will play without you wasting your ammo.

-The leech men are weak to fire. Molotov cocktail them up, and they should be finished in no time.

-Have a designated place to put all your discarded items. I usually use the main hall of the training facility, since you go back there throughout the game, and it isn't that far to backtrack to anyway.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Don't try killing the Bio-Apes. They're bullet sponges and hard to shoot anyway.
Also, always pick Billy during combat sequences. He has more health than Rebecca does.

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
I never played RE0 but I think dodging the zombies should be a pain cz you control 2 characters...

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I never played RE0 but I think dodging the zombies should be a pain cz you control 2 characters...

Well, it's not exactly easy, but since you can move both characters at the same time it isn't too hard. Or you could just leave one character in another room and get them through individually so it's harder to get grabbed.

KingKamek

Where I didn't have much difficulty in dodging zombies in the original RE I do seem to have quite a bit of trouble of pulling it off in this one. Not sure why. Could be that i'm not used to the gc controls. maybe it's because I was in a really confined space (stupid train) or I just suck. Really doubt that last one but I have heard of some way you can dodge in this game. if that's possible I would love to know how its pulled off.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I thought every one knew the leeches were weak to fire :p It's pretty damn embarrassing that Albert made the same mistake with Uroboros. That **** was weak as hell too fire. Ultimate virus my ass. It was imho one of the weakest in the series. At least unlike the C-Virus it had some logic behind it. T-Virus, G-Virus, and especially the T-Phobo's has science backing it. Pseudo or not, the chemical that triggers the t-phobo's is 100% real and could trigger with another chemical that is designed to mix with it. It likely wouldn't turn you into a crazy person.... actually after all that physical and mental torture... ****ing up the brain chemistry would indeed turn you into one crazy ****. We can already do that with some more basic drugs xD

I think we are lucky that either Wesker doesn't exist, especially Alex 0.0 William Birkin would be cool. Had he had the time required to complete his project and not get desperate and go insane because he ALMOST had it but became desperate because he had no time and forced it on himself and Sherry. He may have actually been able to do good for the world and cure so many sicknesses. Face it... he was a tragic villain, it's hard to consider him as a real bad guy. He's not some evil psycho bitch nor a religious fanatic who thinks he can convert the world.

He did want the work for himself and contributed to a lot of science that was used for bad. Then again Einstein helped build the Atomic bomb.....

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Where I didn't have much difficulty in dodging zombies in the original RE I do seem to have quite a bit of trouble of pulling it off in this one. Not sure why. Could be that i'm not used to the gc controls. maybe it's because I was in a really confined space (stupid train) or I just suck. Really doubt that last one but I have heard of some way you can dodge in this game. if that's possible I would love to know how its pulled off.

There's no actual dodge mechanic, you just have to use the running and walking mechanics to dodge.

I thought every one knew the leeches were weak to fire :p It's pretty damn embarrassing that Albert made the same mistake with Uroboros. That **** was weak as hell too fire. Ultimate virus my ass. It was imho one of the weakest in the series. At least unlike the C-Virus it had some logic behind it. T-Virus, G-Virus, and especially the T-Phobo's has science backing it. Pseudo or not, the chemical that triggers the t-phobo's is 100% real and could trigger with another chemical that is designed to mix with it. It likely wouldn't turn you into a crazy person.... actually after all that physical and mental torture... ****ing up the brain chemistry would indeed turn you into one crazy ****. We can already do that with some more basic drugs xD

I think we are lucky that either Wesker doesn't exist, especially Alex 0.0 William Birkin would be cool. Had he had the time required to complete his project and not get desperate and go insane because he ALMOST had it but became desperate because he had no time and forced it on himself and Sherry. He may have actually been able to do good for the world and cure so many sicknesses. Face it... he was a tragic villain, it's hard to consider him as a real bad guy. He's not some evil psycho bitch nor a religious fanatic who thinks he can convert the world.

He did want the work for himself and contributed to a lot of science that was used for bad. Then again Einstein helped build the Atomic bomb.....

A lot of people haven't played the game, it's possible they had no idea. :p

Agent Spike

I just replayed Zero and here are some tips:

• Once Billy is playable, leave behind Rebecca's gun. Billy should be the only one to take care of the Zombies and other monsters.
  • Use the Shotgun against the giant bat boss. Flame Rounds are more effective but it's easy to miss.
  • For the giant centipede, use about 6 grenades and 7 shotgun shells. Finish it off with some handgun bullets.
  • Save magnum ammo for the the first Tyrant fight and the rest for the last boss.
  • Set your partner to IDLE Combat as soon as you can, or they will waste all their ammo.
  • Sometimes you need to plan equipment runs where you move your supplies from area to area.
  • Leech man... kill it with FIRE or RUN!!
  • When you find the scope for the handguns put it on Billy's and have him use it. His height makes it easier to pull off head shots I think.

black 93

Just finished this game on xbox one and the biggest tip i can give is to utilise Billy whenever possible. He's a freakin tank. He can fire the most powerful weapons with barely any recoil, can take tons more damage than Rebecca. And i dont mean the same way Chris can take a little more damage than Jill in RE1, im talking Billy can take 5 or 6 hits from a freakin boss and just go down to caution. Rebecca gets bit once by a zombie and is down to caution. Also, that custom handgun is worth the trouble, with that bad boy equipped, zombies arent gunna get close. Also, with how scarce ammo is in this game, save the magnum for the tyrant and when you fight him, shoot him once and wait for his stun animation to end before shooting again, he went down in 7 shots that way for me. Maybe its just how it went for me but i dont think he takes damage in his stun animation. When i just blindly fired at him, my gun was empty and he was still standing.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
The only thing about giving all the weapons to Billy is that him and Rebecca do get split up a few times and you have to be prepared and switch things around, and if you're new to the game you won't know when that will happen. But I agree with it if you know when to switch; I usually do that.

Tron8

Fighting just to survive, but you taught me i can.
The only thing about giving all the weapons to Billy is that him and Rebecca do get split up a few times and you have to be prepared and switch things around, and if you're new to the game you won't know when that will happen. But I agree with it if you know when to switch; I usually do that.

I'm thinking about getting this game, and from what i read you have to bring your ammo and gear from place to place? Is there a good place to put the items? Would it be wise to just carry 1 primary gun on Rebecca? I'm a little concerned about getting this game because it seems very difficult.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I'm thinking about getting this game, and from what i read you have to bring your ammo and gear from place to place? Is there a good place to put the items? Would it be wise to just carry 1 primary gun on Rebecca? I'm a little concerned about getting this game because it seems very difficult.

Yeah, no item boxes or anything. You can put everything wherever you find convenient (I use the main hall of the Training Facility for most of the game). It's a good idea to keep a gun with Rebecca at all times on a first playthrough. There are two handguns of course, and two weapons that use shotgun shells, so you can split the ammo up for emergencies instead of wasting a bunch by just letting it sit there in Rebecca's inventory, though shotguns take up two slots of space. It can be difficult if you're not prepared, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Can't wait to play this game. But I'm going to finish my existing games off first otherwise I will rush it.

I heard this a while ago: not sure if true.

Billy is a better fighter (more health and better proficiency with guns)
(like others have said)

Rebecca is the only one that can mix herbs?
And also heals more hp than billy does when using health items

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Can't wait to play this game. But I'm going to finish my existing games off first otherwise I will rush it.

I heard this a while ago: not sure if true.

Billy is a better fighter (more health and better proficiency with guns)
(like others have said)

Rebecca is the only one that can mix herbs?
And also heals more hp than billy does when using health items

Yeah, only Rebecca can mix herbs.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I need to remember how to play this game, haha! Billy was getting attacked and out of instinct I ran away as Rebecca... He didn't come with me... He died.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
^----This. You can control your partner with the C-stick or the right thumb stick, depending on what version you're playing.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I know that, I didn't realise that he wouldn't follow me through a door while he was being attacked, I guess it made him idle? By the time I realised... It was too late :'(

Top Bottom