• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 This is actually a really fun game!

I like RE6. For the most part, it's a good game. I enjoyed Leon's campaign a lot (but then again, I'm a Leon fanboy), and I enjoyed Chris's as well, even if it was a bit of a downer at times. But...as much as I enjoyed seeing Sherry back in the series (I'd always wondered what happened to her after RE2), her and Jake's campaign bored the hell out of me. So much so, it's the only campaign I didn't bother finishing. I've got no problems with Jake, he's actually a pretty decent character imo, I just think he and Sherry were wasted on a sub par campaign. They deserve better. Maybe Capcom should give them their own spin-off game. Anyone else agree?
I think their campaign was just as 'good' as the others. Don't really get what ur talking about.

black 93

My main problem with this game is how scripted it is. Whereas RE1-RE5 gave you more freedom. You could play the games how you wanted. With the older games you could try to beat the game with only a knife or a handgun, you could try to beat the game using no first aid sprays. With RE4 and 5 you could try beating the game with no upgrades, or just have certain weapons. You could try speed runs. Thats what made the older games so replayable. Trying to beat every nemesis fight to unlock the secret weapons, trying to beat the games in 3 hours or less or on pro to unlock a rocket launcher. The bonus costumes. With 6, it was like there was only one way to play, capcom took all the classic RE unlockables away, and even the weapon upgrading. The action gameplay dosent bother me in the slightest, because lets be honest, unless capcom went 100% back to fixed cameras and stuff, people are going to say the games are too action packed. 6 gave you no real reason to replay the campaigns after beating them other than for trophies or acheivments. RE3 gave you the epilouges, the live choices. Im not bashing the game, as the gameplay is fun, graphically it looks really nice, controls and movement are very fluid and it's cool to see all these characters come together. Just thats my main problem with the game.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Jake and Sherry's campaign just didn't do anything for me at the time. And as I said, I never finished their campaign because of that. So maybe I'm wrong. Maybe because I played through Leon and Chris's chapters first, I didn't give Sherry and Jake's story a fair shot. I hold my hands up and admit that's a strong possibility.
I've been thinking of replaying RE6 for a while. My old 360 red-ringed on me a few months back, got a new one recently, so I might go back to the game, this time start with their campaign first. It could be it's just me being biased because, as I said before, I'm a Leon fanboy. When I've had a chance to replay the game, I'll let you know what the verdict is. If I'm wrong, I will happily admit it.

E-001

My experience was a bit different. I adored it when it first came out, I thought the story was very intense and engrossing, and the 'zombie nuke' launch and Chris shouting 'GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE!' gave me goosebumps. I still prefer it to RE5 (which is my least favourite), but I have definitely come to regard it less favourably than I once did, especially after seeing what Capcom are capable of with RE7. That being said, it was very ambitious, introducing loads of memorable new characters and gameplay variety. Definitely a 'fun' game, often hilarious with a friend (thanks to the voice commands), but it's not true Resident Evil to me.

Ridley Lockhart

yea, i think capcom put more effort into leons and chris' campaigns, i know chris' is just a run of the mill shooter, but its my favourite in terms of story. Jakes campaign just seemed all over the place with the constant QTE's, vehicle sections and just how most of his campaign was revisting parts from chris'. I think capcom just put it in there so people would be like omg we can play as weskers son. Adas was ok, but felt more like an add on than a campaign.
I love RE6 i think it plays quite nicely. Leon/Helena campaign was fun at the beginning of goes way over the top as the game progresses. And i despise Simmons...each one of his boss fights as annoying as the last. When he turned into a 'lion' type-thing...the dreadful T-Rex fight and him also morphine/mutating/transforming in and out of these different forms and back to humanoid form. Just..No. really, C-virus is not THAT special.

Chris/Piers is a good story and it was nice to see BSAA Chris again, RE6 is almost my favorite version of Captain Redfield. Also i liked hearing him say his classic line, "Not on my watch" lol

it was definitely great to see Sherry again, Jake was okay i guess, i enjoyed playing as his character, the mechanics of his combat were fun. Also just liking see Albert Wesker's illegitimate son Jake Mueller teaming with William Birkin's daughter Sherry Birkin.

Ada's campaign was okay as well, nothing really to write home about.

But i did have a lot of fun playing through the story mode with a friend, as well as some good times co-oping some Mercenaries.

RE246

I'd say Leon's is the only campaign they really put effort into, in many different ways. Have any of you ever tried modding this game? The file containing the texture of Helena's fingernails is bigger than that of Piers's entire pants...

Anyway, I know what both of you mean. RE6 gets a lot more hate than it deserves. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it was fun - something I can't say about Code Veronica or Revelations 1, but that's just my opinion...
I beat all the campaigns and Leon's was my favorite for many different reasons

Unknown

I'd say Leon's is the only campaign they really put effort into, in many different ways.

This is nonsense….most of the game features the J’avo and most of the complete mutations and the whole concept of the C-Virus is seen in full glory in other campaigns. Jake’s even got an entire unique melee system devoted to him.

It was probably the worst one gameplay wise and story wise, and Leon is a side character in his own campaign.

Last edited:

Zirploid

I really like the game, the graphics are amazing. Im trying to save the game but i am having issues, other than that, everything in this game is fine, it even runs on my potato PC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom