• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Things you're good at :D

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
Somehow this idea popped into my mind.
If it's too personal, you have no need to post it.
Just thought I'd ask whether other people on here are limited to what they can/can't do for various reasons.

For instance, I can no longer run. The injury that was just sorted out yesterday left me with tears of the LCL and ACL (maybe PCL) ligaments of the right knee, as well as serious cartilage tears. This means, that much like the much adored Dr Gregory House, I will need to walk with a walking stick for sometime. It also means that I can never join the armed forces as I have had surgery that is more risky than a simple arthroscopy.

The injury means that sports like jogging, running, football, rugby, hockey etc are no longer available to me due to the amount of force being exerted on the knees. This is due to hyper mobility syndrome whereby my joints are hyper lax (or just simply unstable).

I also cannot donate blood. As I suffer from the permanent symptoms of glandular fever (chronic fatigue syndrome, the prevalence of the illness in my blood...), donating my blood would contaminate any person that requires the same blood type as me. I am not willing to risk someone else's life when they can have blood that is not contaminated and potentially save them.

-----------------------------------------------UPDATE 07/04/2012---------------------------------------------------​
As pointed out by LFF and Angel, we have to recognise also what we are really good at, and not focus on the down points! (How about changing the title to something like "Things you're good at" or the like, so this doesn't turn into a thread of depression

I must confess to be a decent amateur/non-qualified psychologist. I take the study at school but I've always had a knack for understanding what someone is coping with, be it an illness or a personal matter. I've always been able to give what people say is good advice.

I'm also a pretty good lie detector and judge of character. I'm a big people-watcher as I like to understand people from a distance before I actually meet them. That way, I'll know if I'll like them or not, but I don't use that as conclusive evidence.

A_Wesker123

The Original
I can't play rugby anymore due to a career ending injury caused by a huge prop on the other team falling on my knee. It's a shame because I was, by all acounts, very good at it and was the captain of my team. There's a silver lining though; I now no longer come home every weekend bruised and battered.

I was also circumcised a week ago, and can't use it for another 5 weeks. Heartbreaking.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
I can't play rugby anymore due to a career ending injury caused by a huge prop on the other team falling on my knee. It's a shame because I was, by all acounts, very good at it and was the captain of my team. There's a silver lining though; I now no longer come home every weekend bruised and battered.
Sorry to hear mate. I had to give up rugby a few years ago after dislocating my shoulder 4 times due to my unstable joints. The ongoing home battered and bruised part is the only part I enjoy these days, especially as I can't run anymore.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
I cannot go any more than about three hours each day before feelling exhausted. This is due to the medication for my epilepsy. I was switching amounts of pills for years, going up and done until I settled on the correct amount. I need to be heavily medicated to keep from having seizures. It sucks.

Also, I am not able to give blood myself, as the Jehovah's Witnesses believe it is an unclean thing to do, if memory serves.

We have something in common afterall. lol

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I can't fly

I can't grow any taller

I can't sing opera

I can't play the ukulele

I can't see the backs of my knees without a mirror

I can't prescribe medications to anyone

On a slightly more serious note, I can't get through a day without napping. I have...something or other (they never did find out so is probably neurological or whatever) which means I wake up exhausted, go through my day exhausted and go to bed feeling the same way. I've not felt rested in about 18 years now, which is actually kind of hard with 3 kids and a life to be getting on with. It affects everything I do and means I will probably never be able to learn to drive as I'd be a danger on the roads.

There's loads of stuff I can't do, if I really think about it, but whilst it's important to acknowledge your limits, it's also equally important (if not more so) to focus on what you can do and maximise on it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I also can't donate blood...I'm a pretty small guy...They can never find my veins...

I can't play guitar as well as the other two members of my band...That's really depressing to me, and I try working for hours a day to fix that one...

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I MAEK AWESOME SOOOOP!

I'm a very competent vocalist with 18 years of experience
I can complete degree-level pieces of work without much effort even though my own education ended at 17
I can rewire plugs (but I need the little diagram sometimes to help me)
I'm a poor initial judge of character but once I get to know a person, I can read them like a book
I'm a pretty good amateur fiction writer but I am horribly out of practice thanks to three kids who need all my time and attention
I can pull a wicked good pint (but not Guinness - that's too hard for me)
I can read a 900+ page novel in less than a day and be able to tell you precise elements within the story which would otherwise have been overlooked by another person
I can see "outside" of a situation or circumstance. It's kind of hard to explain myself here but when I'm looking at something or I'm in a conversation and things are kicking off, I can almost be "outside" of what's happening and see the motives, reasons and true meanings behind what is going on. That's articulated rather poorly, I'll admit, but I'm hoping one of you at least will know what I mean ;)

:D

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I can make people laugh...If any of you on here every meet me in person, you may have laugh lines when you're and old crone...

Vergil'sBitch

RE Chicken s**t
I can't donate blood either.
I can't do physical stuff without getting out of breath
I can't go a day without stomach pain.
I can't go an hour without itching, coughing or sneezing.
(I'm not getting to personal so that's all i'll put)

I can draw chibis
I can plant... plants and they'll live.
I can re-wire a plug and wire up a cooker to the electricity supply.
I can do DIY (and put together flat packed furniture WITHOUT instructions).

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I can write... adequately.
I can handle stress well.
I can handle people well.
I can occasionally make people laugh.
I can talk my way out of anything.

I can't sleep in - always up by 7am.
I can't snap my fingers.
I can't look at every situation objectively, although I try.
I can't control myself around Garlic Ginger Wonton Strips or chocolate.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
I can write... adequately.
I can handle stress well.
I can handle people well.
I can occasionally make people laugh.
I can talk my way out of anything.

I can't sleep in - always up by 7am.
I can't snap my fingers.
I can't look at every situation objectively, although I try.
I can't control myself around Garlic Ginger Wonton Strips or chocolate.
And you forgot bowie

Top Bottom